Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe Missouri and UK finished higher than us in recruiting. We absolutely Missouri and always beat UK

This honestly doesn't surprise me. Heupel had a late start to recruiting. This was his first class, and the NCAA issues weighed on the program for much of the year (particularly hurting UT with in-state kids).

The comparison for me is how did Heupel do relative to Kiffin, Dooley, Butch and Pruitt in his first class. I think he was ranked better than Butch & Pruitt, and Kiffin & Dooley's classes were paper tigers. I'm optimistic that he signed the strongest class for a first year coach out of that whole bunch.

Time will tell...

You just dont get this defensive if none of this is true. Texas A&M has done nothing to make recruits want to line up and go play for Jimbo. The more he cries ,the more he proves it was all about the money. A&M still will finish around 3-4 in the west.

It’s wild….he literally got the #1 recruit almost at every position on both sides of the ball👀 gotta be the money honey.

I think that's a good way to control the NIL deal. If the student makes over $100k then they have to pay their own tuition, nutrition, room and board, etc
I don’t really think that’s fair to the kids. Instead I think each team should have a salary cap on how much their players can make total each year. Everyone’s deals get reported to a nonpublic entity to monitor. That would help the parity.

Also no transfer portal from August 1st-December 1st or February 1st-May 1st. If you put your name in the portal then it must stay in there until that portal period ends and your school is not obligated to take you back and can fill your spot during that portal period.

just a matter of time til that has to be addressed.

By whom exactly. And I'm not trying to be combative here, but the NCAA has basically thrown their hands up in regards to all of it.

What governing body, under what authority is going to put any type of rules or restrictions in place?

We can bemoan the amount of money ATM just spent to become the highest rated class ever, but truth be told we're upset because it wasn't Tennessee instead.

I think UT has done an awesome job subverting the PWO rules a little, and the NIL stuff does seem to be a benefit both short and long term in the arrangement through Spyre. But without some agreement of the conferences to appoint a CFB commissioner with the power to do so, I'm not sure what would should expect going forward in terms of governance.

I think there's a percentage of the fan base that thinks someone is going to come along and 'fix' this mess, but I'm not seeing that happen any time soon IMO.

Curious to additional thoughts on the matter though, as I find it intriguing to say the least.

Until/unless NIL rules change, I doubt you'll see us going toe-to-toe with the big money programs in recruiting. And this isn't a knock on our NIL programs, I just think some programs are on a whole other level when it comes to paying/buying players. But we can still compete on the field with good coaching.

You just dont get this defensive if none of this is true. Texas A&M has done nothing to make recruits want to line up and go play for Jimbo. The more he cries ,the more he proves it was all about the money. A&M still will finish around 3-4 in the west.
It's time for the SEC to step in and slow their roll :):)

Until/unless NIL rules change, I doubt you'll see us going toe-to-toe with the big money programs in recruiting. And this isn't a knock on our NIL programs, I just think some programs are on a whole other level when it comes to paying/buying players. But we can still compete on the field with good coaching.

Maybe so, but I would put up our PWO team against ATM or Bama's PWO team any day.

:confused::rolleyes:

Reactions: VolNash17
Texas money is just madness. No other program will ever compete with Texas teams for NIL. Those people will spend millions and still suck on the field and they’ll still pony up
I think Bama and UGA will find ways to keep up. Southern Cal as well, and it wouldn't surprise me if Oregon was in the fray with all that Nike money.

Reactions: 67Vol
273101477_10228719627362116_4823031466586821110_n.jpg

according to FB, HH is speaking at this church on Sunday at both services, with a photo opportunity and book signing from 9:45-10:45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back