4th/4th Favre: 302 games (186-112)
2nd/2nd Brees: 287 games (172-114)
3rd/3rd Peyton: 266 games (186-79)
7th/7th Marino: 242 games (147-93)
11th/13th Elway: 234 games (148-82-1)
22nd/17th Unitas: 211 games (118-63-4)
21st/19th Montana: 192 games (117-47)
29th/29th Kelly: 160 games (101-59)

I mean this debate to me will always come down to having the right guys in your top 5, past that it's subjective. Peyton finishing his career where he did while playing 52 less games (over 3 seasons) to me will always be more impressive from a pure stats standpoint.

How many 4th quarter game winning drives did the man have?
To answer my own question it was 53 tied for 2nd with Drew Brees.... 1 short of the most all-time which belongs to Peyton. TB played on great teams but you still have to be good to great to beat other great teams to win SB's
Edit: and regardless of the skill you think he does or does not have, he's a heck of competitor to do it at a high level for 22 years

He was 1-3 against Peyton in AFC Championship games.

Career Passing Yards/Passing TDs
1st/1st
Brady: 318 games (243-73)
4th/4th Favre: 302 games (186-112)
2nd/2nd Brees: 287 games (172-114)
3rd/3rd Peyton: 266 games (186-79)
7th/7th Marino: 242 games (147-93)
11th/13th Elway: 234 games (148-82-1)
22nd/17th Unitas: 211 games (118-63-4)
21st/19th Montana: 192 games (117-47)
29th/29th Kelly: 160 games (101-59)

I mean this debate to me will always come down to having the right guys in your top 5, past that it's subjective. Peyton finishing his career where he did while playing 52 less games (over 3 seasons) to me will always be more impressive from a pure stats standpoint.
Just look at Mariano’s stats. Those are from a different era of football where QB’s could be annihilated without a flag and WR could be basically mugged without a flag. Imo he is the best pure QB the NFL has ever seen.

Favre was one of the most fun to watch because no one knew what was about to happen, including him. Peyton for the opposite reason.
EEC116D7-E7EA-49DF-8E66-C4B4E2768C0F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: InVOLuntary
Not getting into the Brady GOAT discussion because it’s too subjective but I will say this, if I had to pick a QB to win me a game it would be Brady.
Why? No one has more 4th quarter game winning drives than Peyton. And Brady has played 4 more seasons than him

Yup I'm sure any avg. QB wins the Super Bowl every 3 years on avg. for for 2 decades cause they have a Top 10 defense
Not any average QB’s. Good QB’s would, but not necessarily the GOAT.

Peyton
Brees
Rodgers
Elway
Mahomes

To name a few would all likely do that. Heck, Peyton took 4 head coaches, 3 of them complete garbage to the SB, and only had one elite defense and that was his last.

What does Peyton do if he has a top 10 defense every year?

Just look at Mariano’s stats. Those are from a different era of football where QB’s could be annihilated without a flag and WR could be basically mugged without a flag. Imo he is the best pure QB the NFL has ever seen.
Marino and Moon are the 2 greatest QBs to never win a Super Bowl.

Their stats are eerily similar, except Brady had better postseason stats.

The one thing Brady had for him that was so impressive is the Patriots never loaded up on offense for him. Outside of grabbing Moss in a trade, they pretty much just developed whatever they could around Brady. The Colts actually did a good job of giving Peyton multiple first round picks in skill players.

The fact that Brady could put equal or slightly better stats, but with less support offensively always impressed me.

But I can't help but feel PM is right there with him. If not for a few postseason games separating them. I still feel it's pretty close and could have gone with PM before Brady changed entire franchises after 40...and still won another. That was the "over the top moment" imo.

Very close either way.
I always laugh at the no support argument. I won’t lie that Brady had better playmakers on the whole in Indy, but Brady has had possibly the best TE of all time for most of his career to go along with many other elite receivers. It’s just not accurate to say he had no support.

And besides, Peyton made that white receiver in Denver elite. Dude never did anything after Peyton left. Manning made his offensive players better as well.

But Manning never had the other side of the ball until his last year in Denver. Brady had it every year

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
MANY other things I can point to...but, this has ALWAYS told me all I need to know. Brady NEVER carried an entire franchise, an entire city, on his back the way Manning did...no QB did. This stat right here makes it even laughable whenever debating Manning and Brady.

Also, whenever people talk about how the game has changed, becoming more offensive, QB friendly...who do all you Brady lovers think started that?

I'm not gonna argue all day over who the GOAT is. Three quarters of you Vol "fans" who argue Brady, are the same "fans" that defend Bama and UGA and everybody else to the death, at UT's expense. View attachment 431930
THIS THIS THIS

Defense matters. And LOL at everyone on here comparing a couple of receivers to an entire freaking defense. Brady never had to worry about the other side of the ball. Meanwhile Peyton had the greatest single season ever one year in Denver because if he didn’t, they would’ve lost near every game because his defense was so atrocious.

My opinion.... Marino is overrated. As was Elway.

Joe Burrow can become the 5th player ever to:
1. Win the Heisman
2. Win a National Championship
3. Win a Super Bowl

name the others..No cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back