Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if this will help or not, but it really helped me overcome tinnitus (nerve injury of the auditory nerve). If the virus has injured the olfactory (smell), facial and glossopharyngeal (taste) then neuronal repair can recover quicker with one of each of these daily. I like Natures Bounty mainly because they are on 2 for 1 sale at Kroger’s.
At worst, it won’t hurt anything, at best, it may significantly speed up nerve recovery. Take one of each daily through 2 bottles of each one. Give it that long to help. Nerves can be injured quickly, but recover slowly…

View attachment 431899

At risk the risk of starting a discussion neither of us wants, I'll add that the methyl varieties of B12 and Folate are far better absorbed and far more effective in the body as evidenced by lower homocysteine levels. You can pound massive doses of regular B12 and folate and barely dent homocysteine, but the methyl varieties bring it down nicely. For those that aren't familiar with homocysteine, it is a risk factor for cognitive decline and there is evidence that lowering it reduces the rate of brain atrophy.

At risk the risk of starting a discussion neither of us wants, I'll add that the methyl varieties of B12 and Folate are far better absorbed and far more effective in the body as evidenced by lower homocysteine levels. You can pound massive doses of regular B12 and folate and barely dent homocysteine, but the methyl varieties bring it down nicely. For those that aren't familiar with homocysteine, it is a risk factor for cognitive decline and there is evidence that lowering it reduces the rate of brain atrophy.

In all seriousness, can you put this in laymen’s terms? It seems as if you are suggesting a certain type of Vit B can help prevent or reduce the risk of cognitive decline

9CAC55F5-6823-47A0-8D6E-AB86ECFEA499.gif2E8AC199-12C7-48DE-831E-CCB7C64A2028.gif5572B025-15B6-4B21-AB04-0DE686F52A58.gifABA21688-0C48-4021-A3BA-996D59183FEF.gif

😂

In all seriousness, can you put this in laymen’s terms? It seems as if you are suggesting a certain type of Vit B can help prevent or reduce the risk of cognitive decline

Yes. Wouldn’t hurt to take the combination in the picture that I posted earlier. The brain is after all a huge conglomerate of nerves.

So does red wine at 3-5 glasses per week.

What Heupel has done to build consistency in the program in 1 year has been great. Keeping all the assistant coaches is a great move. Also I like the fact we haven't gone too hard in the transfer portal yet. In the current age of college football there will be plenty of transfers after spring ball. Let the current team compete and get better, then revaluate the needs then. A culture where you can compete and improve is going to be much better than one where they just constantly bring in people from the outside (FSU and Ole Miss)

What Heupel has done to build consistency in the program in 1 year has been great. Keeping all the assistant coaches is a great move. Also I like the fact we haven't gone too hard in the transfer portal yet. In the current age of college football there will be plenty of transfers after spring ball. Let the current team compete and get better, then revaluate the needs then. A culture where you can compete and improve is going to be much better than one where they just constantly bring in people from the outside (FSU and Ole Miss)
I like the approach Heupel and company have taken as well. I'd be less likely to work for a company that I knew would be looking for my replacement the second I messed up or didn't exceed their expectations immediately.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I know we’ve talked to and have interest in Vandy OT Tyler Steen. He’s a guy we could be in play for in the spring. He took a visit to UVA this past weekend and his little brother (2022 class) committed to them yesterday. I’m sure UVA will be a big player with him now.

Reactions: ugg and VolNash17
I guess the good news there is we are shelling out some NIL $$$.
It is great news.

We've been hearing for months now that we don't have a competitive NIL program in place. We don't know what we're doing. We're only in a position to offer chicken tenders to the most elite players on the market.

Then we give 300k, which it seems like everyone is agreeing is a lot of money, to a player that many are calling average or overrated. Looks like our pockets are a lot deeper than many were claiming.

Baron was going to hit the open market. Other teams were excited. Obviously our side was willing to do what needed to be done to keep him around. He's still a Vol. Doesn't that tell you that the evaluators and money guys think there's more to him than posters on VN think?

Baron made a move and it worked for him. This is the age of player leverage. Some kids don't have it and they are screwing themselves. Some realize when they have it and they make a move that works. He is playing the system the way that it is set up to play now, and he made it work for him.

"Oh but he's terrible!" - Ok, so all the more reason for him to get whatever he can now, if he's not going to have a long career...

"300k is too much money!" - This is all brand new. We don't know what is too much, we don't know what is too little. Like all things, the market will correct itself, or outside influences will correct the market for everyone (as is tradition). The bigger story here is that we're throwing around 300k.

"We should have let him walk! I don't negotiate with terrorists!" - Sir, this is football.

When there's a cap on everyone, and the Bamas and Georgias are right back to sliding money under the table above whatever the cap is, you'll be begging for us to be able to pay whatever we want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back