Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes........I am biased.

But, what is keeping these PWO's from "signing" with a FBS school, red-shirting and pocketing the money, and then leaving? SMH.
They’re not getting a per season deal…so nothing. Then we’re down to hoping there will be another couple of FCS level PWO’s available in the next cycle. 😉

I'm not a Brady fan....but anyone that says he's not the greatest QB of all time, just has an axe to grind. "Cheated" or not, he is without question the best. I hate it, but true:mad:

NOT the greatest player of all time. Totally different.

Crazy the strange long term side effects. My dad has fluid build up behind the ear drum for a few months after covid. Said his hearing sounds like he’s underwater. Driving him crazy. Doctor said he’s seen a few cases and some have taken six months to resolve.

That is what I had from the first bout with it back in March ‘20. Came and went at times for over a year. Finally gone now. Drives you crazy, everything sounds muffled. Had no problem with taste and smell.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
7 Superbowls can be "A" reason that you argue in Brady's favor, but it can not be "THE" reason you argue his greatness. Superbowl victories are a team accomplishment. More often than not, the better team wins the superbowl (often times in spite of the quarterback's performance).

If you're going to count all the playoff victories and superbowl wins as an individual achievement, then you should factor in the quarterback's contribution to those victories. If you do that and look at the numbers, you'll quickly find that Brady's quarterback rating in the playoffs was worse than his regular season rating (which has always been used as a knock against Peyton). You'll find that Brady in the playoffs (thought of as Mr. Clutch in the playoffs) is only 3 QBR points ahead of Peyton in the playoffs (reputation for being a choke artist in the playoffs). If you look at Joe Montana's average QBR in the playoffs, it was actually HIGHER than his regular season QBR. And his playoff QBR is TWENTY points higher than Brady. Montana's contributions to his playoff victories are greater and more impactful than were Brady's.

Summary, 7 SBs can't be the only criteria you judge by. Don't shout "SEVEN SUPERBOWLS" and then flip the card table over and walk out thinking you won.
I can get behind Montana as the GOAT especially when looking at post season stats etc., what I can't get behind is people making the argument that Brees or Peyton are the GOAT over Brady, neither have the stats or rings over him to back that up, arguments about teams they were on and what not are too subjective to substantiate, and again just to reiterate: I HATED Brady while Peyton was in the league and was a HUGE Peyton fan just like any Vol Fan on this board.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I'm not a Brady fan....but anyone that says he's not the greatest QB of all time, just has an axe to grind. "Cheated" or not, he is without question the best. I hate it, but true:mad:

22 years to pad stats…he’s the winningest QB of all time, but greatest will always be up for debate.

He's not the greatest QB of all time. Not grinding any axes, he's just not.

22 years to pad stats…he’s the winningest QB of all time, but greatest will always be up for debate.
He's not the greatest QB of all time. Not grinding any axes, he's just not.
@Weezer agree with dividing it (goat) into different eras.............

Assuming we don't do that, then who do you personally think is the greatest QB ever?

I can get behind Montana as the GOAT especially when looking at post season stats etc., what I can't get behind is people making the argument that Brees or Peyton are the GOAT over Brady, neither have the stats or rings over him to back that up, arguments about teams they were on and what not are too subjective to substantiate, and again just to reiterate: I HATED Brady while Peyton was in the league and was a HUGE Peyton fan just like any Vol Fan on this board.
I think Peyton (pre neck injury) was a better QB than Tom Brady. I've never broken the stats down by season to see if that weighs out, but I think it would. SB rings are a TEAM accomplishment.

I can get behind Montana as the GOAT especially when looking at post season stats etc., what I can't get behind is people making the argument that Brees or Peyton are the GOAT over Brady, neither have the stats or rings over him to back that up, and again just to reiterate: I HATED Brady while Peyton was in the league and was a HUGE Peyton fan just like any Vol Fan on this board.

Brady's stats aren't overwhelming better in any category than Breeze and Peyton, and are actually worse in some key categories. Brady has team accomplishments in his favor over the other guys, but he has also routinely been on the best team in football. Brady doesn't win playoff games without top ten defenses. Peyton won a large majority of his without top ten defenses. There are a lot of factors that aren't immediately clear and don't lend to being able to make a definitive statement that "X" players is the GOAT. The argument can and should go on forever. Besides, arguing about it is fun.

@Weezer agree with dividing it (goat) into different eras.............

Assuming we don't do that, then who do you personally think is the greatest QB ever?
I don't have one that I necessarily consider the GOAT. Of course, my heart wants to say Peyton, but in trying to be fair, I have to say "I don't know", but I truly don't think it's Brady. TB was blessed with longevity and playing on good teams. He's a great (just threw up in my mouth a little) player. But I don't think he's the GOAT.

Coming up with an unquestioned GOAT in sports is almost impossible. People use different criteria and context to define who the greatest is.

The only unquestioned greatest I can think of in sports is Secretariat.
Gretzky?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back