Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be interested to see how much money it takes to lure people that far north in England. It’s gotta be just crap, raw weather 90% of the time and who wants to live/play in that.

But you’re right, they’ve gotta avoid relegation first. Seeing how this transfer window wraps up will be interesting.

They will definitely have to overpay. Chelsea has a striker on loan at Southampton who has been doing really well and Southampton is trying to buy him at seasons end for like 25 million. Apparently rumors are that Newcastle wants to come in and buy him 40 million instead. They know the only way they will get him is to overpay.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
Well just tested positive for the ‘vid. Came on quick. Holy cow. Fever, aches, raging headache. Pray for my son’s protection, he’s especially vulnerable and sensitive to upper respiratory issues. Frick.

Will do as well as your quick recovery.

My aunt has been on a ventilator 8 days now. Hadn't been on much and want to also tell @InVOLuntary how sorry I am about your dad. May peace be with you and your family, brother.

When I had COVID, I spent a week in the hospital. No visitors allowed. It was miserable. Really hoping between having had it and being completely vaccinated (with the booster) that I don't catch it again. That would really suck.

Thoughts and prayers to those of you experiencing it now.

pretty much starting with dooley the crowd just stopped being loud to be loud. aside from 15 OU and maybe 16 UF

I remember 06 Cal, everyone just yelled the whole time, just because. same thing with 06 UF and 06 LSU. just "ahhhhh" and only taking a break to drink whatever you snuck in

I was at the 2006 Cal game as well, sat in the North end zone, section Y, and I agree it was one of the loudest games I ever attended, also went to the LSU 2006 game as well, and it was super loud... I was also at the Tennessee/Memphis State game and it was the 2001 game where the calls by the refs were so bad that the entire crowd in Neyland began booing and continued booing until the game was nearly over, I want to say the booing started sometime early in the 2nd half.. But, the booing was so bad that my fellow Vol fans booed the refs even when the calls were against Memphis. My friends and I always remembered it fondly as the "Boo Game".. Lol

They will definitely have to overpay. Chelsea has a striker on loan at Southampton who has been doing really well and Southampton is trying to buy him at seasons end for like 25 million. Apparently rumors are that Newcastle wants to come in and buy him 40 million instead. They know the only way they will get him is to overpay.
As we see from @Smyrna ATL Vol 's Man United you can't just pay stupid money for players, you've got to have players who understand the system and are filling their roles. That's what Pep has done so well at Man City....He's like the Phil Jackson of European soccer.

I know we considered LSU a revenge game, but if Fulky doesn't consider this Florida game a revenge game, and lead the team out with a bloodlust, then he has failed as a leader.
Cut him some slack Steve. He's had Covid twice and we don't know how that affects his game. Chandler and Fulky both had Covid and neither one of them is playing like they did before Covid.

Regarding Mason leaving Auburn and going to Ok State, mostly from Auburn fans:

his best day was lucky, apparently:
Also not to knock my own squad, but Jameson Williams was ejected in the first quarter taking away Youngs main weapon, and Mason was able to consistently bring pressure for that reason. As much as a hate to say it, that game doesn't go to OT with Williams in the game. Might not have gotten ugly, but that 100% played into the closeness.
We talking Auburn here or... Georgia's second chance game?
What was it? Two WRs and two corners out?

I’ll be interested to see how much money it takes to lure people that far north in England. It’s gotta be just crap, raw weather 90% of the time and who wants to live/play in that.

But you’re right, they’ve gotta avoid relegation first. Seeing how this transfer window wraps up will be interesting.
Have you ever been to England? I lived there for 3 years and it's not what you're making it out to be. I loved every minute of it.

Reactions: Billy Antrim

29gymp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back