Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tottenham.

glad there’s fellow EPL fans on here but you’d rather catch the Manchester derby than say maybe the north west derby…?!?! You rather new to the EPL? Granted the Manchester derby is big but it’s not Liverpool v ManU(re). And City is the best team with zero history that was ever bought.
I’m in charlotte and grabbed season tickets to Charlotte FC. Y’all wanna grab a match here let me know. Up the Reds!

I mean honestly, if I could, I would just live in England during EPL and go to every match I could! But yea, as Tottenham fan, I want to catch the Derby one day. I just love how both teams hate it each other!! However, valid point: Man U v Liverpool would be more intense. If you're into reading, I highly recommend this book, it's one of the best books I've ever read and its dive into the EPL is perfection!

I just want my West Ham to finish top 4 haha

What is going to suck is if Newcastle’s new ownership is successful at just buying championships like Man City has.

But just like Bama, Pep can’t manage Man City forever and maybe someone can lure Ferran Soriano away as the CEO.

Newcastle will be able to buy players and improve as a club for sure but they gotta survive regulation first for next year. I wouldn’t be surprised if Trippier who they just bought had a clause in his contract that the contract would be voided if Newcastle gets relegated. No way you see a guy of his stature playing in the Championship next year.

I think I'd be scared of going to a soccer game abroad. Those people are nuts. Though after some of our games this season, I can understand the urge to attack the referees. Still, they tore that one ref to pieces in Brazil, literally, after he stabbed a player for arguing a call. Insanity.

Reactions: bigorange
"i heard 70,000 people yell one time and that's no doubt louder than 100,000 people yelling."
😂

I guess the most charitable interpretation would be that forked Tynes' lie amounts to a brag that the NFL pumps fake crowd noise (or fake noises that greatly amplify the natural crowd noise) through stadium speakers. Everything must be fake!

😂

I guess the most charitable interpretation would be that forked Tynes' lie amounts to a brag that the NFL pumps fake crowd noise (or fake noises that greatly amplify the natural crowd noise) through stadium speakers. Everything must be fake!
Arrowhead stadium isn't even very steep, so it's not like you could claim acoustics keeping the noise in.

I think I'd be scared of going to a soccer game abroad. Those people are nuts. Though after some of our games this season, I can understand the urge to attack the referees. Still, they tore that one ref to pieces in Brazil, literally, after he stabbed a player for arguing a call. Insanity.
I wish our rowdy/student section had smoke grenades and flares for big plays or drives on defense. Could you imagine a timeout before a big 3rd or 4th down and a slice of Neyland pulls this?

now that everyone has crazy stadium lights, the only answer is to pull a move like this after we score the first td at home vs Bama or some other big rival/game

Arrowhead stadium isn't even very steep, so it's not like you could claim acoustics keeping the noise in.
I was at both Peyton's last game in Arrowhead and Oklahoma/UT in Neyland. Arrowhead is comparable to Neyland at full tilt. Chief fans never sit down, so the noise is sustained. We have people in Neyland yell at you to sit down so they can watch the game. That's the difference.

And you are correct that it's not steep. The lower bowl is actually below ground, so it actually does have something to do with acoustics I believe.

The one argument I've seen that may or may not be reputable (never been to an NFL game) is that those fanbases don't typically include a ton of the really old guard fans that sit on their hands all game like is so common in college sports.

This is the only one that makes sense..and it could make sense. And/or tunneling in sound which is very possible too.

Edit: 731Vol'd

I wish our rowdy/student section had smoke grenades and flares for big plays or drives on defense. Could you imagine a timeout before a big 3rd or 4th down and a slice of Neyland pulls this?

now that everyone has crazy stadium lights, the only answer is to pull a move like this after we score the first td at home vs Bama or some other big rival/game

Freakin insane. Their crowds are unparralleled. Looks like being in the middle of a war zone 😆 Talk about intimidating the opponents...

Well just tested positive for the ‘vid. Came on quick. Holy cow. Fever, aches, raging headache. Pray for my son’s protection, he’s especially vulnerable and sensitive to upper respiratory issues. Frick.
keep an eye on your O2, and his

will be thinking about y'all and hoping for the best. get as much rest as you can and watch your o2.

The one argument I've seen that may or may not be reputable (never been to an NFL game) is that those fanbases don't typically include a ton of the really old guard fans that sit on their hands all game like is so common in college sports.

This is the only one that makes sense..and it could make sense. And/or tunneling in sound which is very possible too.

Edit: 731Vol'd
There is just no way that LSU/Bama a couple years ago when Burrow went to Tuscaloosa wasn't as loud as Arrowhead can get. KC has plenty of old people there watching games too, not everyone in the stands is screaming the whole time, and there are 20k fewer people.

Reactions: Orange.
Well just tested positive for the ‘vid. Came on quick. Holy cow. Fever, aches, raging headache. Pray for my son’s protection, he’s especially vulnerable and sensitive to upper respiratory issues. Frick.
There with ya bud. Likely got it 13 days ago. Have had symptoms for the last 7. The fever chills went away after 2-3. Then the cough/throat kicked in the last 2-3. Still on the mends.

Best of luck, especially to your boy.

Oh and I felt an odd headache like symptom too - maybe not what yours is - but may try a decongestant. Think mine was just caused by sinus pressure. Helped my wife a lot too - just be sure to get the real sudafed...

Just went through a scary 10 days of this, the kiddo had it and somehow we managed to not catch it (yet at least). Social distanced ourselves from him as much as possible, made sure to wear masks as often as we could even when distanced in the same room.

Get better soon! Prayers he doesn't get it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back