Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean honestly, if I could, I would just live in England during EPL and go to every match I could! But yea, as Tottenham fan, I want to catch the Derby one day. I just love how both teams hate it each other!! However, valid point: Man U v Liverpool would be more intense. If you're into reading, I highly recommend this book, it's one of the best books I've ever read and its dive into the EPL is perfection!

This book is amazing!!! Listened to it on Audiobook and loved every second.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
Newcastle will be able to buy players and improve as a club for sure but they gotta survive regulation first for next year. I wouldn’t be surprised if Trippier who they just bought had a clause in his contract that the contract would be voided if Newcastle gets relegated. No way you see a guy of his stature playing in the Championship next year.
I’ll be interested to see how much money it takes to lure people that far north in England. It’s gotta be just crap, raw weather 90% of the time and who wants to live/play in that.

But you’re right, they’ve gotta avoid relegation first. Seeing how this transfer window wraps up will be interesting.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
if they keep the name the Big 12 without adding teams they should be eliminated from playoff consideration,
The big advertisers and thus the networks want (1) USC and (2) one other west coast team (or Arizona); one team each from (3) Texas and (4) Florida; (5) Penn St, (6) Ohio St (Illinois, if they could pull off a miracle); (7) Georgia; and (8) ND or someone to play Cinderella.

So, yeah, Okla St would hardly be ideal for them: but if Okla St beat Baylor they could have a turn at Cinderella.

Show me a post where I acted like you were stupid or ignorant for not liking soccer?

I guess I just feel like if people are discussing something I don't like I typically don't interrupt the conversation just to tell them the thing they are discussing is stupid or that I hate it. Maybe I'm just built differently. 🤷‍♂️
I wasn't talking about you specifically...just soccer fans in general. You weren't the one that said people don't like soccer because they are ignorant.

I wish our rowdy/student section had smoke grenades and flares for big plays or drives on defense. Could you imagine a timeout before a big 3rd or 4th down and a slice of Neyland pulls this?

now that everyone has crazy stadium lights, the only answer is to pull a move like this after we score the first td at home vs Bama or some other big rival/game

Yea….instead we use golf balls and mustard bottles. We improvise.

.... no matter where he goes he will get a fat NIL...
Lmao yeah he'll just play there for free, you're right.

Dumbassery at a level that makes you stop a moment to marvel.

Note: since you prolly have the idjit at issue ignored, please know that if Maxwell only appears, he is NOT the dumbass.

Last edited:
I don't understand the love affair with these rankings. The Top 40-50 are usually legit but beyond that most kids are ranked higher if they commit to certain schools. Politics cloud these rankings just like they cloud everything else. If a kid could play in November, and hasn't camped or played another game since then, how has his value changed at all? Look at measurables, look at film, look at work ethic. See what this or any staff can do to develop talent.

Regarding Mason leaving Auburn and going to Ok State, mostly from Auburn fans:

Mason's defense in the iron bowl was one of the best performances I've seen in my life.
And giving up 40 unanswered points to Miss. St. is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. He giveth and taketh away.

I’m sure Harsin wanted Schmedding but needed some southeastern ties established first. I’m not a big fan of the move but it is what it is.

This one's kind of crazy:
Heard part of the reason for this was Mason's family.

His family still lives in Nashville. Daughters are... Struggling to adjust to college life. One is at Vandy but spends most time at home, other was at Florida and... Isn't anymore. Wife didn't want to move to Auburn for various reasons.

Think this may have more to do with building a stable home life than the job itself. Stillwater somehow more appealing than auburn in that regard?

Rumor Mill from Auburn boosters so take that with whatever salt you want.

Some logical posts:
I liked him. He recruited well. It took some (painful) time switching from a 1 gap, 4-2, press man system to a 2 gap, 3-4, zone/off man defense. Felt like getting the calls in took too long for the first half of the year. Had an atrocious game against Mississippi State. (He technically did the right thing in mostly dropping 8, but it just didn't work in the end. Idk.) It felt like there would be a big payoff next year given how well the defense played the last few games.

He did good by us to stay and recruit. However, dudeman cannot make a halftime adjustment to save his life. Very frustrating at times. I think the players seemed to like him a lot. I don't know that he was poached, as he told us he was going to leave to go somewhere, whether it be Miami, Ok St. or somewhere else. I blame Harsin for already creating such a **** environment that he ran Mason off. WTF!?

This makes me think that Mason didn’t have a lot of hope regarding Harsin’s future at Auburn.

Gundy is probably one of the coaches with the most security, while Harsin is in one of college football’s most volatile jobs.

his best day was lucky, apparently:
Also not to knock my own squad, but Jameson Williams was ejected in the first quarter taking away Youngs main weapon, and Mason was able to consistently bring pressure for that reason. As much as a hate to say it, that game doesn't go to OT with Williams in the game. Might not have gotten ugly, but that 100% played into the closeness.

Vandy fan (lol):
Mason will give you 1 great performance a season, and 11 mediocre ones. Really don't understand the excitement around him

I missed this:
still love this photo
FJqPhFRWYAA_hGx

Mason was one foot out the door anyways due to disagreements with Harsin. Although we did do the whole “you can’t quit, you’re fired” thing which is cringe by us.

I think he showed flashes of great with the remnants of a great D left by Kevin Steele. But he also couldn’t adjust to save his life and that led to games like Miss St where they scored like 30 unanswered points in the second half.

gotta love college football fans.

He didn't leave, he got fired. His family is in shambles. His best day was an accident, and his worst day outweighs the best anyway. "Good guy, but good riddance."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back