Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did get a ring out of the deal. I bet he goes back to the West Coast, though I certainly wouldn't object to him coming here.
A ring means nothing nowadays. He didn't do much of anything to deserve it and he doesn't give a crap about Georgia or he would stay. He is nothing but a mercenary bit piece.

Florida's flailing in league where cheaters such as Will Wade, Bruce Pearl prosper

UF calling out cheaters? Haha!

pot-kettle.gif
I agree. But the point remains that the SEC is lifting Wade, Pearl, and Cal. And the rest of us are all looking around like "really?"

I know you are familiar with salty language so I can recommend “The Critical Drinker” channel on YouTube. Always insightful, vulgar and spot on with movie reviews.”
Lol...this is the only place I am salty, but salty language doesn't bother me. Me and my friends were pretty much the equivalent if a biker club and I was awful back in the day. I am actually extremely polite now.

I think there is a big difference in being salty and being vulgar...I was always salty, but I would never be vulgar in mixed company.

Lol...this is the only place I am salty, but salty language doesn't bother me. Me and my friends were pretty much the equivalent if a biker club and I was awful back in the day. I am actually extremely polite now.

I think there is a big difference in being salty and being vulgar...I was always salty, but I would never be vulgar in mixed company.
My nickname used to be "Morton"

I understand salty!

Always knew you'd be the cool teacher, Mr. Jones would be proud. :)
Ha. Thanks! I try to carry on his legacy. He was an amazing teacher.

Don't think I could get away with distilling alcohol from potato skins and then lighting it on fire in chemistry class like he did. Ha!

The tv or the duck hunt game?
The duck hunt game. As a first grader my son took a tiny key chain his uncle had given him that had a tiny pistol attached to the end. The pistol had to be less that an inch end to end. His teacher asked him to never bring it back. I talked to the teacher and he said by rule he was supposed to take it and report it and he would have had a mandatory suspension. He said he thought it was stupid but that's the rule.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
The duck hunt game. As a first grader my son took a tiny key chain his uncle had given him that had a tiny pistol attached to the end. The pistol had to be less that an inch end to end. His teacher asked him to never bring it back. I talked to the teacher and he said by rule he was supposed to take it and report it and he would have had a mandatory suspension. He said he thought it was stupid but that's the rule.
Really? Mandatory suspension for a key chain? That's crazy. So far i've had no complaints and i've been doing this duck hunt gaming day for almost ten years now.

It only takes one complaint to ruin something fun though. 🤫 Let's keep this between us then vol nation.

I’ve got no complaints on West TN BBQ, good stuff. I grew up in NC though and ate eastern carolina BBQ style my whole life and that will always be top for me. Vinegar sauce for the win.

Do agree though. No legit BBQ in middle TN. I’ve found some places that are okay, but there’s just no places around Nashville that really shine.

I like vinegar as well. A pork Sammy with vinegar base and Cole slaw. I have lived in TX, NC and AL and had a fair number of styles, but never had mustard style IDT...and I like mustard

Speaking of which this might open up a debate, Pork or Beef BBQ?

Hot sauce take…

You never need to spend more than about $2 on a bottle. The quality just doesn’t justify a higher price when there are a ton of great cheap sauces
Wrong. Best hot sauce out there:

Colon Cleaner Hot Sauce 5.7oz

Don’t give me those generic flavors like Texas pete

Well boys I had a dream we beat Florida 48-6 this season. Game started out with a pick 6 (we missed the extra point though). Then we get the ball back and hit Tillman for a long TD. Don't remember anything else but I can assume it was good. I haven't had breakfast yet either😎

You can watch the replay on Youtube..

Edleys is decent. Great for Nashville, but "average" BBQ in general.

Edleys is decent. Usually where I end up.
Martins BBQ is highly overrated.
Jacks is a classic for people that either grew up in Nashville or have been here a long time. I wasn’t impressed.
Honeyfire in Bellevue has some creative bbq sandwiches that are pretty good, but the classics like ribs, pulled pork, etc are just average.
Central BBQ isn’t as good as the Memphis locations, IMO.
Peg Leg Porker I thought was pretty good first time I went. The next couple visits weren’t great though.
Went to the new Bringles Smoking Oasis which is Texas style BBQ, same pit master as Peg Leg Porker. Brisket was above average but the rest of the selections were below average.

There’s just no standout BBQ spot in Nashville. It’s a shame.

I like vinegar as well. A pork Sammy with vinegar base and Cole slaw. I have lived in TX, NC and AL and had a fair number of styles, but never had mustard style IDT...and I like mustard

as I said yesterday, let the debates, redneck!

Reactions: Orangeburst
Upside of living in so many different states is I have never become stuck on one style or kind of food. I have extremely eclectic tastes.

Same here when it comes to food in general. Lived on the east coast, the west coast and traveled all in between quite a bit. I’ll always be nostalgic for eastern carolina BBQ though. My favorite.

Reactions: SmokinBob

Gun to my head I choose Pork, but the truth is I’m very close to 50/50. Really well done brisket is hard to find though, especially in TN, so I end up eating pork a lot more.. unless I’m smoking it myself.

Reactions: Orange.
I’ve got no complaints on West TN BBQ, good stuff. I grew up in NC though and ate eastern carolina BBQ style my whole life and that will always be top for me. Vinegar sauce for the win.

Do agree though. No legit BBQ in middle TN. I’ve found some places that are okay, but there’s just no places around Nashville that really shine.

Try Fat Boy's BBQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back