Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
…Carolina gold sauce is incredible. Don’t you dare utter whatever Alabama passes for a sauce in the same breath as a good Carolina gold

I just don’t need mustard in my BBQ sauce. I am sure it’s fine, but not my style.

At least we can agree about the atrocity that is called alabubba BBQ sauce

Reactions: Volnatic
I always knew that there was something really wrong with alabama (the state) and south carolina.

Common ingredient in BBQ sauce in alabama is mayonnaise 😳

In south carolina, mustard is part of the BBQ sauce.

What’s wrong with these states? Who’s the first that said, our BBQ sauce is missing something, I know, let’s add mayonnaise 😳
Mustard or vinegar...

Or, none at all. Id like to learn about brining and Mezcal rubs.

Reactions: Volnatic
Late night insomnia. I figured to waste time I'd try to figure out our scholarship numbers. So this is who 247 lists as being on scholarship.

QBs: Hooker, Milton, Jackson = 3

RBs: Small, Wright, Whitehead, Williams, Sampson = 5

WRs: Tillman, Keyton, Hyatt, Holiday, Calloway, Merrill, Miller, White, Nimrod, Webb, Neyor =11

TEs: Fant, Warren , Nixon, Campbell = 4

OL: Carvin, Wright, Lane, Crawford, Harris, Davis(believe he was put on scholly), Lampley, Mays, Akporoghene, Spraggins, Robinson, Nichols, Clipper, Reddick, Grant, Mincey = 16

Edge: Young, Baron, Harrison, Eason, Pearce, Josephs = 6

DL : Bumphus, Garland, Thomas, Simmons, Terry, Bailey, McNeil, Phillips, West = 9

LBs: Banks, Mitchell, Page, Beasley, Garland, Mohan, Willis, Perry, Herring =9

CBs: Burrell, Turnage, Hadden, Slaughter, Fields, Harrison, Williams = 7

S: Flowers, McCullough, McDonald, Rucker, Charles, Thomas =6 (7 if Labruzza comes back)

K: McGrath

P: Brooks (assuming he's coming back)

If my math is right, that puts us at 78. 79 if Labruzza comes back.

So is anyone else on scholarship?
Great post, I do think Labruzza,, Lane, Solomon and Bumphus are all considered on the team/coming back for now which is why we are more around 82 than 79.
VQ has hinted we will impose scholarship reductions so wonder if 82 or 83 is going
To be our max number

Yes. They still don't have an undefeated season since 1980 and they were 1-1 vs bammer. They should have to play bammer again for all the marbles 😆.
I think the plan was to change the rules to best 3 of 5 if GA lost. They would be playing again this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Yeah I keep one in my man cave for that purpose. Plus the nintendo gun won't work on new TV's either and the kids love playing duck hunt.
View attachment 428396

I also keep one in my classroom they were going to toss out. We have a duck hunt tournament on free days at the end of the nine weeks. Kids love it!
View attachment 428399
I've got a really nice one in my storage unit back in Alabama. We keep a ton of old keepsakes and odds and ends that we don't want to part with in it. I have close to 350 DVDs I have collected there too.

Reactions: scienceteaching_vol
Great post, I do think Labruzza,, Lane, Solomon and Bumphus are all considered on the team/coming back for now which is why we are more around 82 than 79.
VQ has hinted we will impose scholarship reductions so wonder if 82 or 83 is going
To be our max number
Many thinking we need to lose 7-8 more. Should be an interesting few months

Man...small vent.

Best friend is in ICU with covid pneumonia, looking pretty bad right now. The kiddo tested positive today with covid. 2022 ain't starting off no better!
Ugh can't imagine. Sorry to hear that MoCo. Hopefully the docs can work their magic. Sure they've seen quite a few the last 2 years and maybe they can treat it more effectively. Fingers crossed.

Not worried about defense transfer. They will come. I’m sure we are talking through channels to people not in yet. We got Hadden, Terry, Turnage, Mitchell after spring. There will be more portal entries after spring from our team and others when things work themselves out around country. I’d rather staff be selective than taking every kid that jumps in portal. You have to figure out who is in portal for the right reasons

Late night insomnia. I figured to waste time I'd try to figure out our scholarship numbers. So this is who 247 lists as being on scholarship.

QBs: Hooker, Milton, Jackson = 3

RBs: Small, Wright, Whitehead, Williams, Sampson = 5

WRs: Tillman, Keyton, Hyatt, Holiday, Calloway, Merrill, Miller, White, Nimrod, Webb, Neyor =11

TEs: Fant, Warren , Nixon, Campbell = 4

OL: Carvin, Wright, Lane, Crawford, Harris, Davis(believe he was put on scholly), Lampley, Mays, Akporoghene, Spraggins, Robinson, Nichols, Clipper, Reddick, Grant, Mincey = 16

Edge: Young, Baron, Harrison, Eason, Pearce, Josephs = 6

DL : Bumphus, Garland, Thomas, Simmons, Terry, Bailey, McNeil, Phillips, West = 9

LBs: Banks, Mitchell, Page, Beasley, Garland, Mohan, Willis, Perry, Herring =9

CBs: Burrell, Turnage, Hadden, Slaughter, Fields, Harrison, Williams = 7

S: Flowers, McCullough, McDonald, Rucker, Charles, Thomas =6 (7 if Labruzza comes back)

K: McGrath

P: Brooks (assuming he's coming back)

If my math is right, that puts us at 78. 79 if Labruzza comes back.

So is anyone else on scholarship?

81 without Labruzza, 82 with.
Missing
Browder (Transfer from UCF)
RJ Perry OL
William Parker OL

I just don’t need mustard in my BBQ sauce. I am sure it’s fine, but not my style.

At least we can agree about the atrocity that is called alabubba BBQ sauce
I don't even know what style of BBQ is my favorite..I like pretty much all of them.

Last edited:
I don’t think the staff feels the situation on defense is as dire as the majority of our fans…. They want defensive guys but will be selective in who they take.

Considering their experience as coaches, I defer to them. That being said, a couple of day one contributors from the transfer portal would be very helpful based on what happened last season compared to the roster they now have.

Man...small vent.

Best friend is in ICU with covid pneumonia, looking pretty bad right now. The kiddo tested positive today with covid. 2022 ain't starting off no better!
At some point it is going to start to run out of people to infect. This is the downside to "flattening the curve"...the upside was every hospital in the nation not collapsing under a unmitigated onslaught of cases...but it makes herd immunity tough to achieve.

I always knew that there was something really wrong with alabama (the state) and south carolina.

What’s wrong with these states? Who’s the first that said, our BBQ sauce is missing something, I know, let’s add mayonnaise 😳
Mustard or vinegar...

Or, none at all. Id like to learn about brining and Mezcal rubs.

furthermore, anyone who eats Mayo, or adds sugar etc to it to disguise it's ghastly white color and texture...

E45AA190-3990-4F20-B6C5-ABDAAD5299CF.gif

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back