Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small doses?!?! I guess you and @Weezer are on a different VN than I am.

I totally agree that Heupel will have to recruit better, IN TIME, to be able to compete with Bama and UGA. However, with UT being the butt of all jokes, the laughing stock of college football, for the last 15 years or so, I'd say that Heupel IS recruiting better right now, with what he pulled off for early signing day. 7-6 is not going to erase the stain of what we have been.

Also, RIGHT NOW, Bama and UGA, and their level, on the field and in recruitng...its laughable for us to even think about that. Again, RIGHT NOW. Saying we have to recruit better over and over and over and over and over again is not going to change that. Only thing it does is show that the ones posting that, is not dealing with "realism".
Some people just enjoy being outraged. Even if it means making something out of nothing.

Reactions: VolNash17
Gamble or Washington? Who would ya pick?

I like both, but personally I might just say...forget em both and GET DEFENSIVE PLAYERS 😅

Skilled offensive players are nice, but I'm fully convinced this offense could score 30+ ppg with the UT-Chattanooga offensive roster. Defense will be the only thing to conceivably hold this program back as long as Heupel is here. He's that good schematically.
Agreed. I think we can make our current TEs work. I'd love to be able to take a Darnell Washington, or a Billingsley. Not overly familiar with Gamble. But our defense is where our biggest holes are.

Oh noes! I'm being negative and telling the truth again!

Reactions: VolNash17
It blows my mind that there are a ton of dummies on VN that do not understand how great of a coaching job that is...it is ridiculously crazy to have that massive of a turnaround... 🤯
I think Coach Banks did a hellavu job too. Probably pretty difficult after the job Cornbread did on them.

No need to put anything on it. Pearl is not a better or worse coach than Barnes. UT will beat them in a few weeks.
Buck Pearl could out coach Barnes blindfolded.. Pearl isn’t ever coming back, but to say he’s not better than Barnes is inaccurate.

Auburn is going to absolutely demolish us, we literally have no one who can guard there big guys, like not a person on our roster.

Rick Barnes has been great for UT, he brought us out of the abyss. He also has made our program a nationally respected program with the ability to attract top talent.

BUT there’s a reason he loses to Bruce Pearl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back