Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my Facebook post from 12 years ago today. Can you guess who it is about?

Congratulations, scumbag. You just became the most reviled figure in the history of University of Tennessee sports. I hope USC gets the death penalty from the NCAA and you and your traitorous staff are looking for jobs again very soon. You, sir, are a jerk and kneebiter and I will now pull for Alabama and Florida and every other team in the world against USC from this day forward.

Agree……That said, I would venture to say that a majority of the defensive portal players would be an upgrade ……at least LBs and CBs.:oops:
Maybe…… last year we got Turnage and Hadden from Bama and Auburn…. Neither one of them earned a starting position although I do feel both have good potential….. juwan Mitchell came from Texas and I feel like Beasley may have more potential between the two.

Maybe…… last year we got Turnage and Hadden from Bama and Auburn…. Neither one of them earned a starting position although I do feel both have good potential….. juwan Mitchell came from Texas and I feel like Beasley may have more potential between the two.
Hadden will be starter opposite Burrell next year barring transfer upgrade. Hopefully Turnage beats out Burrell

Ridiculous we ever took his commit. Not fair to him or current staff. Not saying he isn’t good just saying why the heck were we accepting a commit at that time. If it ain’t a 5 star no brainer you can’t be a future fired coach accepting ancommit
Signed before Payton. Didn’t know what options would even want to be part of whatever was coming. Fulmer was still AD. If he doesn’t get (unofficially) booted, it was very likely Steele was the guy.

I think this is a fair post. Heupel will need to up his recruiting game to compete with the top tier SEC teams. I believe he's a really good coach but that's just fact.
That's because it is a completely false and deliberately misleading distortion of weez's last 100 posts. Why do people fall for it?

The people you are joining him in criticizing do NOT EXIST. It's a strawman. There is no one who thinks we do not need to recruit to win. It's stupid as f.

Reactions: SugarCC
Here is my Facebook post from 12 years ago today. Can you guess who it is about?

Congratulations, scumbag. You just became the most reviled figure in the history of University of Tennessee sports. I hope USC gets the death penalty from the NCAA and you and your traitorous staff are looking for jobs again very soon. You, sir, are a jerk and kneebiter and I will now pull for Alabama and Florida and every other team in the world against USC from this day forward.
@BruinVol?

A day that I haven’t forgotten. Happened on my 25th Birthday.

Reactions: drvenner

pruitt says hold my cornbread 😐

Good thoughts. In particular on Chuck Webb. The '90 and '91 teams were pretty good. They'd have been national title contenders with Webb for sure.

A few nits:
Fulmer was the coach starting in '93 so Shuler staying or Colquitt not getting injured in '94 wouldn't have impacted Majors time at Tennessee. I can't remember the ins and outs of Manning's recruitment though so I'm not sure if Shuler staying would have impacted him coming to Tennessee or not. I don't think we get an extra year from Manning though even if he redshirted in '94.

That 2001 Miami team was loaded. We had a lot of firepower but I just can't imagine hanging with them. Especially given how crappy our coaching was in the SEC championship that year.
We could have beaten Miami...it would have been a classic one way or the other. The only reason we lost that stupid SEC champ is because we were beating them so badly that Fulmer and Chavis thought they could play soft and coast...so damn stupid...🤬 They literally gave that game away...Phil decided to run off guard every play and Chavis refused to adjust to a damn draw...a simple damn draw..🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Great...now my blood pressure is spiking..😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

I always had serious doubts about Fulmer due to the "IMO worst loss in UT history" Tiger High game, getting his ass handed to him over and over and over by Spurrier, almost blowing the National Championship several times that year, completely blowing every bit of momentum the year after the NC and finally that 01 SEC championship loss..😡🤬

Secondary will be an interesting group next season. I actually like the fact that we return so many starters.

I know some folks hate on Burrell & Flowers but them having a full season practicing and playing with this staff should benefit them going into next year. And if Turnage, Charles, Slaughter, Hadden or whoever manages to beat them out to start then we'll be all the better for it.

Facts. I still think when RG has his line talent and development clicking at the level he typically does the defense will be a ton better. When you got a DL full of NFL guys that are strong and fast and can generate pressure on their own everything else gets a lot easier. Running QBs are now facing LBs that aren't trying to beat blocks to make plays. WRs are suddenly stuck with a DB that doesn't have to hold coverage for 5+ seconds every play and has more juice to break on the ball when it is thrown. And RBs don't have wide open holes to get to the second level.
Georgia has all that, and yet if we gad kicked field goals in a close game instead of going for it in close to score touchdowns because we were so far behind..we would have scored at least 23 on them.

If our defense just gets better...we can beat them, or at least have a pretty good chance at beating them...same with Bama.

All we need to really compete is a solid defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back