Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna say...the Barstool guys seem to love UT. The whole Coach Duggs thing that Big Kat did was great marketing. Not for altruistic reasons; they know UT has a big online presence particularly on Twitter, but UT does not get any "let's point and laugh at them" treatment from Barstool.

The crew from their Unnecessary Roughness show, particularly Brandon Walker, were the only ones that had our back after the Ole Miss game.
Their President Portnoy always has nice things to say about Tennessee.
Of course Big Cat refers to himself as a VFL because he did the Coach Duggs thing. Although I think your point was the biggest consideration there - they knew that they could sell a ton of merch and get a ton of views during the quarantine months if he rode Tennessee. Although it was refreshing to see a media member use our fanbase in a positive way, as opposed to gaslighting us for clicks.

Their college gameday show was here for the Ole Miss game, and had a lot of positive things to say about our fans, the town, the stadium, and the atmosphere. Portnoy went to Michigan, and Cat to Wisconsin, and they said their jaws were on the floor for our pregame and intro.

Here's Big T when he was at Tennessee, celebrating the Jennings TD vs Florida. He's singing Down The Field as loud and proud as I've ever seen anyone do it. And standing out because he's enormous.

1642017377136.png

How many students do you ever see belting out Down The Field?

I remember seeing that live, or close to live on replay, back in 2016 and thinking "damn that kid loves Tennessee"

Last edited:
The crew from their Unnecessary Roughness show, particularly Brandon Walker, were the only ones that had our back after the Ole Miss game.
Their President Portnoy always has nice things to say about Tennessee.
Of course Big Cat refers to himself as a VFL because he did the Coach Duggs thing. Although I think your point was the biggest consideration there - they knew that they could sell a ton of merch and get a ton of views during the quarantine months if he rode Tennessee. Although it was refreshing to see a media member use our fanbase in a positive way, as opposed to gaslighting us for clicks.

Their college gameday show was here for the Ole Miss game, and had a lot of positive things to say about our fans, the town, the stadium, and the atmosphere. Portnoy went to Michigan, and Cat to Wisconsin, and they said their jaws were on the floor for our pregame and intro.

Portnoy has the life as a rich pizza reviewer

Speaking of Cornbread, any update on his lawsuit?
Skoal Can and his lawyer are FOS. If you have the information they claim, then you keep your mouth shut and release it in court, or slowly roll it out publicly in an attempt to get UT to settle, not make threats about it. We're going on almost a year since he was fired and he still hasn't brought anything.

Satire, but since you asked...
That last post was referenced as "at that time". I never said more wouldn't enter, but Verse was the only real target at that position at that time.

When did "satire" become misrepresenting what was said?

As far as I know, no one has given up on us making good pickups, but it's painful to watch good players hit the portal, players you feel could desperately fill a role on this team, only to see them pick another school. I trust the staff to be always working to improve this team. That doesn't change that players still need to have the desire to come here. Is it satire if I twist your comments to suggest you don't want this team to get better?

Reactions: VolNash17
That is exactly the strategy that we need to use to build back.

We cannot rely on coaching evaluations only. We simply have to recruit higher ranked talent. You can argue that the coaching evaluations are more important but this years NC game should show you what’s needed to win at a high clip. You have to have superior talent.

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back