Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could definitely see him as a heavier this guy.

610to7NeanL._AC_UL1200_.jpg
Does that come in Pantone 151?

Would encourage folks to listen to Big Orange Sunday as Doug Mathews brought up a NIL point that I hadn’t heard. Only ~ 20 states have laws governing NIL which means in those other 30 states the boosters/universities can do whatever they want without any legal repercussions. Further evidence the NCAA implemented NIL with no rules. They are worthless (imo).
That wasn't the NCAA. That was SCOTUS basically telling them to get out of it or "you're gonna get it".

The NCAA can't (and never should have) tell SAs how, when, or for how much they can earn money of their own volition.

win by 10 and your job is safe. Its all about being woke. These people are pathetic

High school coach suspended after team blows out opponent 92-4

I don't care at all about if a coach at any level wants to play to win. As long as they have a bit of sportsmanship. And that to me means playing the back-ups when you have a game in hand. Absolutely keep calling the plays the same way, if you typically pass then continue to do so. If you normally go for it on 4th and short keep doing it. But let the rest of your team get a chance to play is all.

"We won by 60, but everyone on the team played meaningful minutes." is a different mood than "We won by 80 and I let my starting QB get over 600 yards."

Paying players doesn’t get further access to the program unless they go through the athletic department.
Not to the program, but it could as far as players go.

That is part of Spyre's pitch to the biggest donors.

Bit unrelated, but someone did maths on 247 on potential Spyre NiL donors:

"if 20 people do generals $468,420, if we have 100 summits $ 780,000, if we have 1000 majors thats 23,412,000, thats a grand total of $24660420, and $22,194,378 goes to the student athletes, so in other words put your money where your mouth is for some people"

Reactions: volsfan_17
Of course the biggest troll on the site liked this.
But I’m not so sure that’s a bad comparison. There were very few cfb fans other than UGA fans who wouldn’t have loved to have him and his record. And very few outside of UGA fans who thought running him off was smart.

His only problem was he couldn’t win it all.

Last edited:

"if 20 people do generals $468,420, if we have 100 summits $ 780,000, if we have 1000 majors thats 23,412,000, thats a grand total of $24660420, and $22,194,378 goes to the student athletes, so in other words put your money where your mouth is for some people"
I’m hoping Spyro will be able to get it done.

Lol. Cold day in hell when I give money under the guise of NIL to pay for some fake contract for players to be at UT.

That's the equivalent of the Titans emailing me and telling me to give them money so they can go get players in free agency. Sorry, that isn't going to happen either.

I have some level of faith for the NCAA or whatever replaces them to fix this. But, if NIL in its final form is just whatever fan base raises the most money over a three year span gets to buy a championship, I'm not going to care. I'll just watch the NFL. They have a salary cap for competitive balance and better players anyway.

Might be a cool trip, but it seems a bit like Dubai - ultra rich peoples' playground. So being a tourist could get pretty expensive. Would be a lot of fun though.

Agree also 2026 is just too close. Maybe if it wasn't coming back so soon.
Has Nashville been determined to be a hosting city?

Realized after posting the OP had messed up the Majors figures. But it's still close to $3mm...and not including all the smaller donors. Not sure how he/she came up with each level's estimated number of donors, but seems pretty reasonable.

They’re revamping the website
Was just the tweeter's fault. One of those twitter people, whoever they are...the one guy (volscoops) literaly has 80 followers...wth? 😅

But good for Spyre regardless. Just hope these twitter folks were vetted and get to understand the legalities surrounding NiL. I know Spyre has. But these 2 seem to talk about it like they'll just take your money (and suggestions as to who to go after, as in recruits...yeah sure) and hand it to recruits to have them come play here. That ain't happening and wouldn't be legal. Just hope we're doing this the right way, which Spyre seems to be.

Was just the tweeter's fault. One of those twitter people, whoever they are...the one guy (volscoops) literaly has 80 followers...wth? 😅

But good for Spyre regardless. Just hope these twitter folks were vetted and get to understand the legalities surrounding NiL. I know Spyre has. But these 2 seem to talk about it like they'll just take your money (and suggestions as to who to go after, as in recruits...yeah sure) and hand it to recruits to have them come play here. That ain't happening and wouldn't be legal. Just hope we're doing this the right way, which Spyre seems to be.
Twitters might skip the "hand it to recruits" part 😏

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back