Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought on and off about a crowdfunded NIL deal. Like lets pool a bunch of cash and go buy players straight from our rivals

9/11 was the heavyweight taking a sucker punch to the face that we’ve never recovered from. We just won the Cold War and were entering an age of prosperity as the undisputed superpower and then boom. The American psyche was broken and we’ve been effed up in the head ever since.
So are you calling for toad licking and bonfires?

I've thought on and off about a crowdfunded NIL deal. Like lets pool a bunch of cash and go buy players straight from our rivals
I admit I know nothing, but from what I see and hear,
In my mind places like A&M have billionaires handing out million $$ deals to all their recruits, UT has spyre coordinating a go fund me for fans to donate nickel and dimes.
I don’t think we’re buying to many from our rivals

In my mind places like A&M have billionaires handing out million $$ deals to all their recruits, UT has spyre coordinating a go fund me for fans to donate nickel and dimes.

Now all that $ we absolutely wasted on coaches and AD hurts.

Why would I quit watching? I’m a Tennessee fan….. I feel this is something missing from this board/society….. we have lost the ability to discuss the good and the bad without going to extremes…I think Barnes is a great man….. great leader/ representative of our university…. good coach but something is always missing…. I feel it will be Barnes greatest failing…. His inability to figure out what is wrong and able to correct it.

To be clear, I didn’t really think I was disagreeing with you… just chiming in with my thoughts.

Reactions: volbeast33

Based on what @InVOLuntary said this is about right. But we’re gonna change the game with this new company that starts group texts with donors.

These posts are so funny. Now I have to go scour the other insider sites to see if I can find the source material that everyone else has access to, that they are using to make a cryptic post that makes them look like they're in the know.

Just people that take info from all the sites and post on Twitter like their own. Annoying. Then literally to claim partnership in something anyone can donate in…. Lol cmon folks quit with the fake BS. It’s ok not being an insider. Rest of us living just fine following as normal fans

Reactions: BigSteve09
Just people that take info from all the sites and post on Twitter like their own. Annoying. Then literally to claim partnership in something anyone can donate in…. Lol cmon folks quit with the fake BS. It’s ok not being an insider. Rest of us living just fine following as normal fans
Whichever you morans mailed question about tweeting at rakroots to help UTAD...dont.

In fact, if you could just stay off the tweeter that'd be great. Put the money in the tray and walk away.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I know people use this as an insult but is it really so bad? Character guy who recruits well and wins at a high level. Builds a lot of talent but has the occasional inexplicable loss. Basically knocking on the door most seasons but not quite getting in.

Because Richt was eventually fired to make an upgrade is probably what rustles jimmies about the comparison.

It’s the Super Coach fallacy in a different form

By settling for a Richt or a Barnes, we are passing up the chance to hire Super Coach - who is just a phone call away!

It’s the Super Coach fallacy in a different form

By settling for a Richt or a Barnes, we are passing up the chance to hire Super Coach - who is just a phone call away!
Yeah we’re not a men’s basketball powerhouse by any means and could easily slip into average-ness like the post Donovan Gators teams.

I’m firmly in the keep Barnes until he retires camp. If he doesn’t win a title, he will have at least raised our programs overall pedigree and will give us a larger list of quality candidates to replace him.

Getting rid of him anywhere in the near future is cutting of our nose to spite our face

He seems like more of the Burning Man type.
View attachment 427091
I could definitely see him as a heavier this guy.

610to7NeanL._AC_UL1200_.jpg

I think you stay happy and stick with Barnes. He gives our program relevance.

Then, you hope as he ages the program doesn’t fall off, that it stays at this level.

Then, with a well respected program and hopefully a healthy athletic department, you make the modern hire that puts you over the top.
This. We're putting guys into the NBA. We're building a name as a regular top 25 team. Those things carry weight with kids and will carry us into the future.

And the greedy folks...they don't remember the bad days. We've been in our golden era of MBB for the past 15 years. You keep it rolling, even if it isn't the top. It would be ludicrous to suggest otherwise imo.

In Qatar? No thanks. I’ll wait until 2026 when it’s in Mexico/Canada/US.
Might be a cool trip, but it seems a bit like Dubai - ultra rich peoples' playground. So being a tourist could get pretty expensive. Would be a lot of fun though.

Agree also 2026 is just too close. Maybe if it wasn't coming back so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back