Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
UT wants to be out of the coach firing business for a while. UTAD just locked up all the marquee coaches and some others through the 2025 or 2026 seasons. The only one that may retire is Barnes, and he'll do it on his own terms when he's ready. Some coaches, especially the older ones, don't love all the fast-evolving changes in the college sports landscape. Now that UT has its HCs in place, they need to optimize staffing to address deficiencies that are holding programs back-- and recruit out of them.

UT wants to be out of the coach firing business for a while. UTAD just locked up all the marquee coaches and some others through the 2025 or 2026 seasons. The only one that may retire is Barnes, and he'll do it on his own terms when he's ready. Some coaches, especially the older ones, don't love all the fast-evolving changes in the college sports landscape. Now that UT has its HCs in place, they need to optimize staffing to address deficiencies that are holding programs back-- and recruit out of them.

The basketball issues are easily fixable. If Barnes would swallow just a little bit of pride, this team would be tough.

Reactions: volinbama256
Sorry, but for the first time it's pretty clear, the problem with our basketball team right now is Barnes... Too much talent not being developed and improving at this point, along with zero game coaching and now calling out one of your veterans... The team as a whole is not playing with sustained confidence game to game, something is clearly going on with Chandler compared to the first of the season, and Uros in his 3rd year of college basketball with that height and frame should be OWNING the paint and playing at a much higher level.

If this doesn't get fixed and we 'ish the bed in the tourney AGAIN, don't look for continued success on the recruiting trail.

I would rather clean my Gutter or play my Guitar
iu

Would encourage folks to listen to Big Orange Sunday as Doug Mathews brought up a NIL point that I hadn’t heard. Only ~ 20 states have laws governing NIL which means in those other 30 states the boosters/universities can do whatever they want without any legal repercussions. Further evidence the NCAA implemented NIL with no rules. They are worthless (imo).

The NCAA begrudgingly implemented NIL because they had to. That governing body had no intention on empowering players as evidenced by their literal straggle hold on the industry dating back many years. The less power the NCAA has, the better. There needs to be consistency for NIL nationwide, but I’m not sure how it rolls out.

I like Barnes and not saying he needs to retire , yet. But these kids are not being developed and I have no ideal what kind of offense they are even running. What I do know is the rotation sucks. Last night when Tn was getting back into the game and cut the lead to 7 he brought in JJJ, Uros and took out VB and ON and the first thing JJJ was brick a 3 and within 2 minutes LSU was back up by 11. I also think these kids are afraid to make a mistake knowing they are going to get benched and this is on Barnes. I think Barnes calling out Fulk was a bad move. Barnes needs to own up to his flaws and take responsibility for this mess. KC is regressing every game and that is on Barnes. This team is just not that good and Vescovi is your best player. What ever problems this team has is all on Barnes and lets see if he can fix it, personally I dont think he can.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Given our numbers crunch I'm not seeing help coming unless it's kids we're developing on our roster. I'd hoped we would make hay in the portal, but LWS painted numbers that don't bear that out. Maybe some leave between now and spring or after spring and we can ride the next wave of transfers in April to a better defensive roster. All I know is that we'd better put up some hellacious numbers on offense next season.
I think if you're taking defense, it's solidly in the TBD camp... It's just not gonna be a secret that's where weNeed to see the most improvement. Fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back