The Official #18 Tennessee @ #21 LSU Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Was hoping we’d get some proof of life from you tonight. 🤣 Great that you are having an enjoyable time despite the game outcome.
Haha yeah, hard to be excited after being there for that one. Very cool experience though. I'm gonna pick out more of a gimme game next time we plan a road trip.

Reactions: Volprofch05
Well, despite all the fire Barnes rhetoric, the 4 losses we have aren't considered bad losses. But losing sucks. Conversely. Alabama?.....
It’s not who we took an L from. It’s how he took an L.
Nova: experienced team that ran us out of the building.
Tech: we shoot we win.
Bama: choke/bad coaching decision
Lsu: just about everything was aggravating.
Besides Nova, those are teams we play our game we win and we know it. Just aggravating as hell what we see on the floor good portion of times.

It’s not who we took an L from. It’s how he took an L.
Nova: experienced team that ran us out of the building.
Tech: we shoot we win.
Bama: choke/bad coaching decision
Lsu: just about everything was aggravating.
Besides Nova, those are teams we play our game we win and we know it. Just aggravating as hell what we see on the floor good portion of times.
Losing sucks. Need tougher play at times. Vescovi needs minimum 12 shots a game, Chandler needs to play smarter, JJJ has to be better. Chandler will, not sure about JJJ.

Losing sucks. Need tougher play at times. Vescovi needs minimum 12 shots a game, Chandler needs to play smarter, JJJ has to be better. Chandler will, not sure about JJJ.
Older guys have to better. Older guys play their game, it helps KC play his game. You read what Barnes said in his post game press conference, he is calling jjj and fulk. Older guys have to step up. It helps our younger guards flow better in the game. Also, I expect Mashak getting more minutes as season goes on.

JJJ has to step up. I hear people say he does all the little things. Well, we need him to do some BIG things.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
JJJ has to step up. I hear people say he does all the little things. Well, we need him to do some BIG things.
I believe he provides a lot to the team. However he cannot continue to shoot 3s at 20 percent or less
Not sure what it was tonight but it was bad. When he does this he negates all the positives he provides.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Seems like a dumb comment by coach. He controls who plays.
The context of the comments was the need for Fulkerson to bring more energy and toughness regardless of the number of minutes.

“But again," Barnes said, "he plays too vertical. He’s got to get down. I just think it gets down to where he’s got to play tougher, harder. I’m not going to say more physical, because we’re not asking him to do that.

“But we are asking him to do what he needs to do to get himself in space to play. Defensively, rebounding wise, he’s got to do that. If he does nothing but do that, that will help us.”

“When this (testing positive for COVID) happened a year ago, it took him a long time (to come back),” Barnes said. “We’re hoping it’s not like that. If it is, we’re going to have to make some changes. Because we’ve got to have energy. We’ve got to have guys out there, whether it’s 90 seconds, bringing energy.”

Reactions: allvol123
You get any read one way or another? I honestly still think if they can put a 40 minute game together, they can beat anyone. Just haven’t and don’t think they will. These may be growing pains but just too consistently inconsistent
Well, Chandler has a long way to go and Fulky is not himself. Uros and Kuamwhau (I know I am butchering his name) seem pretty good, but its like the team just isn't clicking yet.

That being said, LSU is a pretty good team. So this loss isn't the worst thing that could've happened.

At this point I am not predicting this team does any serious damage in the tournaments.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
Barnes called out Fulky.

Ouch. Coach foul.

One thing I truly respect about Heupel is that he does NOT speak ill of his players.

As his career collapsed, Fulmer started throwing players under the bus regularly. I hope Barnes doesn’t go down that path. Poor leadership, poor mentoring, poor coaching.

Totally missed the game to see Jason Isbell, checked the box score…went about how I expected.

Gonna need to either get better at 3 or stop shooting them so damn much. Fulky has been so frustratingly inconsistent these past two seasons. How can the guy that played so well against Arizona also play so badly against Ole Miss & LSU?

VN Store

Back