The Official #18 Tennessee @ #21 LSU Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Umm ..it IS hard to win there. Do you know anything about SEC roundball?

I didn't say it wasn't hard to win there. I'm more focused on the waving the white flag at least we played close mentality. LSU played bad enough to lose with decent basketball.

Rampant, mass cheating has always went on in basketball. Rupp, Wooden, all the way to Calipari, Self, K, Roy, Pitino and Boehiem. They all cheat. But for the most part they are excellent in game as well. That's why they win big.
You forgot Pearl. At Tennessee.

Please name one part of my statement that has been proven inaccurate.
I’ll wait…

That’s why you play the game. LSU was willing to cooperate but Tennessee failed to execute down the stretch. Same thing happened at Alabama.

You have to take advantage of these situations cause they don’t come up often on the road. Same thing happened in several key SEC games last yr.

yeah but now it’s on tape with FBI and it’s OK as long as you’re not clad in orange.

If your school sticks up for you, the NCAA is toothless. It started with Frank Haith. The year after Pearl's show cause he was caught lying to the NCAA in 3 different interviews, and about rampant booster payments to players. Missouri had just hired him. They told the NCAA to stick it regarding a show cause. Haith got an 8 game suspension. Pearl lied once, then called the NCAA and admitted he lied and got 3 years. Oh, Tennessee knew what the NCAA had and Hamilton didn't tell Pearl. It was stupid and Hamilton screwed us.

You forgot Pearl. At Tennessee.

Yeah, hosting that BBQ was just outlaw stuff. Really compares strongly to Wooden running a team with a higher payroll than an NBA team for more than a decade. The NCAA wouldn't touch him. He was too powerful. As soon as he retired they decided to move on UCLA.

Cause "they" predicted us to lose...so it's OK we lose guys🙄
“they” is Vegas. They are the golden standard for predicting winners and losers. They predicted we would lose this game. It might hurt your feelings but that’s the way it is. In basketball, teams will lose games. And most likely games like this, on the road against good teams. Please come to the basketball forum more often. You might learn something

Pearl is a cheater. However, he is a better coach than Barnes all day long. Just the way it is. I am happy with Barnes as the coach. Tennessee could do a whole lot worse and has.

I'm happy with Barnes but a little frustrated with him. I'm not seeing what he's seeing with these rotations.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
“they” is Vegas. They are the golden standard for predicting winners and losers. They predicted we would lose this game. It might hurt your feelings but that’s the way it is. In basketball teams will lose games. And most likely games like this, on the road against good teams. Please come to the basketball forum more often. You might learn something

It's been said 10000 times, but Vegas doesn't pick winners and losers. They pick a line they think will achieve equal betting, then move the line as needed as the bets come in on both sides.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It's been said 10000 times, but Vegas doesn't pick winners and losers. They pick a line they think will achieve equal betting, then move the line as needed as the bets come in on both sides.
And when people know they’re wrong then the line moves. The opening/closing line on this game favored LSU.

Give us an example of a team bucking a 3 yr show cause.

The show cause doesn't happen if Tennessee tells Bruce what the NCAA has, and tells the NCAA Bruce isn't taking more than a few games suspension. Missouri did that the very next year with Haith. Haith did way more than Pearl, he got 8 games because Missouri leaned on the NCAA. Pearl's 3 year show cause was facilitated by Tennessee/Hamilton.

VN Store

Back