The Official #18 Tennessee @ #21 LSU Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Man I’ve been a huge supporter of the value Josiah brings to the team, but he has really regressed and I’m not sure if he’s taking all those shots by his own volition or somebody is coaching him to do so but Barnes has gotta get him to stop or else he needs to sit him

I understand that, but IMO we are getting to a point where the team needs to show some signs of what they are gonna be going down the stretch.
You get any read one way or another? I honestly still think if they can put a 40 minute game together, they can beat anyone. Just haven’t and don’t think they will. These may be growing pains but just too consistently inconsistent

Reactions: camp_steveo
We are trying to peak in March like everyone else. The problem is we are beyond soft. Super soft is what I would call us. Hopefully a season of SEC play and a few punches to the face will toughen us up.

That’s where I’m at at this point of the season. This team just can’t put the ball in the basket enough to beat good teams. I think we will finish 6th or 7th in the SEC and probably be a bubble team
Here’s my question, were our freshmen overhyped or has Barnes done a poor job with them? I’m a big fan of Barnes and think he’s done a really good job here overall but I believe this is on him. Our freshmen look super talented and they aren’t getting better. What do you think?

JJJ should not see the floor. Easily the most overrated player I can remember suiting up for the Vols.
Definitely the guy has physical skills but he has no court awareness and no aggressiveness! Another fine example of a Rick Barnes’ horrible roster management! JJJ blew end of game when we could’ve cut the three points then went back to five then he ****ed up again and it went back to nine game over! But does Barnes ever pulled him aside and put him on the bench? Nope!

Mashack needs the minutes…really good feeling about him..hustles great defense and actually seems to care
Agree. If JJJ was a freshman, I'd give a little bit of a pass, but it would still be bad. But his shot, IQ, and body language has regressed. He's brings nothing to the table.

LSU doesn't look like anything special. They just let Tennessee waste possessions, miss more than half their free throws and miss open shots all night. They also got most of the hustle plays too. If this team is going to be this sloppy, then you definitely can't have teams out work you also.

At the end of the day, we don't even need to shoot 100% from the FT line to win that game.

23-37

Plavsic with 16 minutes tonight, 12 points, 7 rebounds. BHH, 3.

We will be either 4-5 or 5-4 midway through the SEC schedule. 2nd half is easier so we may win 9 or at best 10 games in league play. Will be enough to make the tournament given our out of conference schedule. But unless we find some consistency from anywhere offensively (both interior and/or on perimeter) we are mid-tier SEC. Doubt we will. The next game at home against South Carolina needs to be a win or this team may fall apart. Honestly we are lucky we aren’t 0-3 in SEC play thus far.

LSU and Auburn - It seems like forever since we’ve beaten either one of them. It’s gotten to the point where I just count those as a loss.

Reactions: 7maxims
No one is claiming to be a coach. Just people giving their opinions
Obviously people with opinions who have never coached or played in a tough environment against a good team. I’m sure most only dreamed of making their middle school team.

I know we lost. No moral victories, yadda,yadda, yadda.

Chandler grew up today, he needs some help, but it was fun to watch, even in a loss.

Reactions: SlyStone

VN Store

Back