CAN WE GET SOME HB?

He needs too, he doesn’t deserve this bull from 2 separate HCs. Last year JP would only bring him in to save his ass at the end of games way too late. Now we apparently just need a running back to play QB. Hooker looked million time better than Milton. But there’s those fans that will still try and say the coaches know more, and we should trust them, despite Hooker just proving that statement wrong.
Do you always take one little snippet of information and extrapolate that to mean something more than it does? I agree Hooker looked better…yesterday…for part of 1 game. He also turned it over twice to Milton’s once. For all we know Hooker is turning it over twice as much in every practice. It is possible that maybe, just maybe, you don’t know as much as a former Heisman winning, National Championship QB who has watched them in practice everyday, sees their tendencies, knows their work habits, strengths, weaknesses, what they eat, how they sleep, what they do for fun, and way more about them than you will ever know. Nah, not possible. Heupel is clearly trash and should be fired immediately.

Reactions: jarnol32
Do you always take one little snippet of information and extrapolate that to mean something more than it does? I agree Hooker looked better…yesterday…for part of 1 game. He also turned it over twice to Milton’s once. For all we know Hooker is turning it over twice as much in every practice. It is possible that maybe, just maybe, you don’t know as much as a former Heisman winning, National Championship QB who has watched them in practice everyday, sees their tendencies, knows their work habits, strengths, weaknesses, what they eat, how they sleep, what they do for fun, and way more about them than you will ever know. Nah, not possible. Heupel is clearly trash and should be fired immediately.
I don't think Heupel is trash. However m
Milton gives no one confidence, to your point about turnovers these two guys combined have more turnovers than Bailey had in 6 games as a true freshman limited in practice. Does that excuse them ? These guys are both upperclassmen. Have played and should have learned ball security. Milton looked very JG like having pressure staring him in the face and didn't see him on the strip sack. I do not pretend to know more about X's and O's than Heupel what I did see was Hooker made throws and got the ball out on time. He made some mistakes sure. He looked better than Milton completing his pass and you didn't see receivers dropping his passes. Let's see what he does with a full week of 1 reps. Then assess game play.

People are only “trashing” HB because of the unhinged fanaticism of his devotees insisting that he is the savior of UT when the new guys have only played 2 games here. The Bailey-Now crowd have been the most obnoxious in regards to trashing someone.
Not a single person. NOT ONE has said Bailey would step onto the field and win a heismen for TN or throw for 8 touchdowns a game.
WE ARE SAYING HE WOULD LAND THESE SIMPLE PASSES THAT THE OTHER QBS CANT SEEM TO DO. BECAUSE WE SAW, WITH OUR OWN EYES THAT HB CAN MAKE THOSE PASSES.
Do you understand? HB aint jesus christ dressed as peyton manning and NOBODY is saying that.
Hooker and Milton cant pass. Neither are out there winning us games with their legs, scrambling for 150 yards and 3 touchdowns. We lose nothing by baileys lack of mobility but we gain a guy who is gonna get touchdowns because he can complete a pass to a ****ing wide open receiver.
Leave the thread if you don't agree with us you look straight up silly.

The faster we can let the fans choose our starter, The faster we'll qualify for the playoff. It's a tried and true formula. And dang, what would Huepel know about quarterbacking anyway!
letting our coach choose the starter sure has been working out for us, hasnt it?

Everyone done drinking now and woke up?

Milton still has deep ball flaws, and is trying to homerun too much with it. Whether coaches can fix this by SEC play is anyones guess.

If he still sticks with Milton, I hope coach focuses more on the short to intermediate game and use Milton's power running as a tool. I just dont trust our RB situation right now. Guys look small (no pun intented) and got holed up on the line too often.
Wait til SEC play and watch our small backs get bounced like rubber balls backward. Utilize Milton as a power runner to help respect the run game.

Theres still some upside to Milton, but the deep ball is a big problem and losing awareness when the pocket is closing in.

I like many dont understand the HB love right now. System completely changed from last year to this year. If he thought HB was good enough to be in this spread version, he would have been starting. Don't over think it.

QB is the reason we didn’t have a 24-0 lead in the first 10 minutes of the game. Milton literally overthrew a walk in touchdown with zero defenders in sight. Hyatt dropped a TD too. Make those two touchdowns and it don’t matter what the defense does
I think dumping on Hyatt for not catching that one is not fair. The pass was well defended. The DB was practically draped on top of him. Plus, if memory serves it would have been called back for a holding penalty even if he had caught it.

It's a young team, and its going to make mistakes and is going to lack consistency. I swear some of you act like every player must be 100% perfect and we must score on every offensive play.

I hk
I don’t think Huepel is that stubborn. He now has a QB situation he didn’t plan for as his guy sucked and backuoncame in. Right now it’s about getting ready for first league game and using next week to get Hooker reps if he’s the guy. Huepel ain’t that dumb.

I hope u are right. If he trots milton back out there after seeing what we have seen from him i question his starting qb decisions

Reactions: BigALWiLson
Hopefully, the Milton debacle is over. Hooker can run, but we still need a QB who can hook up with those wide open receivers. Heupel's had great success without a running QB, but seems hell-bent on forcing the issue at UT. The serious QB sits on the bench undeveloped while Heupel indulges his 'dual threat' obsession.

Reactions: cgrish and Vol Main
I dont think bailey will play any meaningful downs at ut. He doesnt fit coaches offensive style. With that said i think he should have been given a chance, in the spring game he was by far the best. Of course milton didnt play in that but we see what he can do.

I think dumping on Hyatt for not catching that one is not fair. The pass was well defended. The DB was practically draped on top of him. Plus, if memory serves it would have been called back for a holding penalty even if he had caught it.

It's a young team, and its going to make mistakes and is going to lack consistency. I swear some of you act like every player must be 100% perfect and we must score on every offensive play.

I’m not dumping on Hyatt. That was the only incompletion in first quarter that was solely not on Milton.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I’m not dumping on Hyatt. That was the only incompletion in first quarter that was solely not on Milton.
Wrong. If Milton throws the ball on time and to the right spot it is an uncontested td. The ball should have arrived much earlier. He beat the defender the pass game him an opportunity to make up the distance and make a play.

I think Hooker our best chance to be honest. I know there was a bad miss on the pick but we aren’t exactly overflowing in qb talent pool. Heck we can’t even reel in Jordan from Oakland high school . To me that speaks volumes. The program has been left in such disarray.

he transfers immediately to a team willing to take a chance on his talent.

Its certain that he is not what this HC wants at QB

Likely because he throws an accurate deep ball and prefers to pass first, rather than scramble for -2 yardss snd taking a sack or fumble

Also, is it illegal for UT to throw a crossing route?

Hard to pass lying flat on your back.

Wrong. If Milton throws the ball on time and to the right spot it is an uncontested td. The ball should have arrived much earlier. He beat the defender the pass game him an opportunity to make up the distance and make a play.

The ball hit Hyatt right in his chest. No reason that should have been dropped. Especially since Hyatt has had catching issues this season.

The ball hit Hyatt right in his chest. No reason that should have been dropped. Especially since Hyatt has had catching issues this season.
Watch the tape. It hit him yes because he had to make an adjustment. If the ball is thrown correctly the defender never has a chance. I was sitting there and watched it live. He had 6 steps on the guy. Milton put to much air on the ball his accuracy sucks

VN Store

Back