CAN WE GET SOME HB?

No obsession here....we have the wide receivers but we don’t have a pure passing Qb. And that is a shame. You don’t know if Jackson will be a good one no more if Bailey will !!!

My point was that if Bailey transfers, we have another talented guy coming in next season in Jackson. But, I won’t be crowing for Tayven to start next year.

The Baileyites assume that if you say anything good about a QB you are a crazed-fanatic of that player like they are about HB.

If Bailey gets his chance and wins the job this season, I will be happy for him and cheer him on. I’m just tired of those trashing both Milton & Hooker because of their blind loyalty to HB.

If Bailey is smart, he stays through the season. If Milton’s injury is significant or nagging, HB is one play away from being the starter should something happen to Hooker. If he were to transfer now, he throws away a year of eligibility and a chance to play. He can’t play elsewhere this year if he transfers, so he might as well wait until the offseason.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
You just have HB excuses.... of he was so good he would give no coach a reason not to play him... especially last year....CJH played him to appease fans amd try to save his job..HB wound have been sacked several more times and had a habit of fumbling.. hosting the ball to long... slow release and avg Arm..
He is accurate, but it does not seem to impress a coach that has developed how many NFL QBs and not to mention Heisman candidates and his own
No, his release is much more refined and technical than miltons. I’m saying you Milton guys want us to give him a pass and make up excuses for a guy that has been in college campus for four years, yet trash hb after 4 games his true freshman year that happened to be an sec only schedule during covid.

How many QB competitions does Bailey have to lose before people stop thinking he’s a Heisman candidate?
Yeah the guy the won was very deserving of it. He's got 35 attempts for 190 yards, 1td and 2 fumbles. That's 5.4 yards per attempt for those keeping track at home with a 51% completion percentage. He's terrible. Hooker looked significantly better.

No, his release is much more refined and technical than miltons. I’m saying you Milton guys want us to give him a pass and make up excuses for a guy that has been in college campus for four years, yet trash hb after 4 games his true freshman year that happened to be an sec only schedule during covid.

People are only “trashing” HB because of the unhinged fanaticism of his devotees insisting that he is the savior of UT when the new guys have only played 2 games here. The Bailey-Now crowd have been the most obnoxious in regards to trashing someone.

People are only “trashing” HB because of the unhinged fanaticism of his devotees insisting that he is the savior of UT when the new guys have only played 2 games here. The Bailey-Now crowd have been the most obnoxious in regards to trashing someone.
I think it’s the same way with Milton. That and Milton is bad and we have at least seen hb play better than Milton has to this point

My point was that if Bailey transfers, we have another talented guy coming in next season in Jackson. But, I won’t be crowing for Tayven to start next year.

The Baileyites assume that if you say anything good about a QB you are a crazed-fanatic of that player like they are about HB.

If Bailey gets his chance and wins the job this season, I will be happy for him and cheer him on. I’m just tired of those trashing both Milton & Hooker because of their blind loyalty to HB.

If Bailey is smart, he stays through the season. If Milton’s injury is significant or nagging, HB is one play away from being the starter should something happen to Hooker. If he were to transfer now, he throws away a year of eligibility and a chance to play. He can’t play elsewhere this year if he transfers, so he might as well wait until the offseason.
Honestly your doing the same thing your accusing pro Bailey posters of doing. You are saying your not a crazed fanatic for Jackson, but accusing posters backing Bailey of being his fanatics and throwing nicknames on there. There is no harm in having this discussion the way the QB play has been over the last several years. In my opinion and those are like buttholes everyone has one, I don’t feel like Bailey was ever given a true shot at being QB1. I think Heupel knew who he wanted to start and that’s why Maurer went into the transfer portal as early into the fall as he did. Milton essentially ran with the ones from day 1 in the fall and you can’t convince me that he earned that when the other three played in the spring and had some positive takeaways. If that’s the case I just don’t see him sticking it out if he wasn’t given a true opportunity to begin with. From what we saw from him last year and in the spring, I just can’t believe that his abilities declined to the point that Milton was able to truly take the QB1 spot. We saw how Hooker did today and I can’t believe after watching both Milton and Hooker play today that Milton was even able to beat out Hooker. I truly believe that Heupel was playing “his” guy and Hooker closely resembles Milton in skill set so he moved to QB2.

Honestly your doing the same thing your accusing pro Bailey posters of doing. You are saying your not a crazed fanatic for Jackson, but accusing posters backing Bailey of being his fanatics and throwing nicknames on there. There is no harm in having this discussion the way the QB play has been over the last several years. In my opinion and those are like buttholes everyone has one, I don’t feel like Bailey was ever given a true shot at being QB1. I think Heupel knew who he wanted to start and that’s why Maurer went into the transfer portal as early into the fall as he did. Milton essentially ran with the ones from day 1 in the fall and you can’t convince me that he earned that when the other three played in the spring and had some positive takeaways. If that’s the case I just don’t see him sticking it out if he wasn’t given a true opportunity to begin with. From what we saw from him last year and in the spring, I just can’t believe that his abilities declined to the point that Milton was able to truly take the QB1 spot. We saw how Hooker did today and I can’t believe after watching both Milton and Hooker play today that Milton was even able to beat out Hooker. I truly believe that Heupel was playing “his” guy and Hooker closely resembles Milton in skill set so he moved to QB2.

No, I’m not. Not even in the same galaxy.

I mentioned Jackson as another talented QB coming in next year. NOT saying that he will/should start or play. I literally mentioned him ONCE with regards that, if Bailey transfers, we have another good QB prospect coming next year.

Holy hell, people.

Your a homer......How does it feel ? That your a Homer and your HomeriZum!!! Seriously how does it feel for another UT fan calling another names !?!? I’ve said this from the beginning Milton and Hooker are where they are at for a reason. Not Michigan or Virginia Tech. But it doesn’t change who they are ! We need better than that...there’s blind loyalty nowhere...! Milton stands flat footed and can’t hit the deep ball and wide open receivers.....now !!! Hooker makes bad decisions at the wrong important times. That’s the difference between them and a pure passer. It’s clear you think that we need a dual threat Qb. But the problem is they aren’t it!!! And our VERY GOOD WIDEOUTS deserve better !

Reactions: lifeisdeep
It was a called play. He lined up that way from the start. Heupel made a bad call there. You line up and sneak it. No way you do anything else. And I agree with you about Hooker. He played well enough to win.

Maybe a naked bootleg for the score. There are a few options there. But I agree, pushing hard for six inches with the QB sneak is the best. Even the commentators were saying that it makes the QB an 11th man, iirc.

Hooker and Bailey need reps. Milton had a chance he sh1t the bed. If Hooker doesn't play smart football against Tech then I dont know what you do getting ready for UF. I know what I would do and I go with the guy that has played against SEC teams and had a little success. Btw its not Bailey's fault his last coaching staff were fkn idiots. If he can put numbers up with those morons running things I think Heupel can do some good things with him running the show. We need the deep ball in play. We have seen Milton and he just can't. That said I wanna see Hooker then Bailey when the game is out of reach. And if it isn't you have the wrong guy anyway. Tech blows

Your a homer......How does it feel ? That your a Homer and your HomeriZum!!! Seriously how does it feel for another UT fan calling another names !?!? I’ve said this from the beginning Milton and Hooker are where they are at for a reason. Not Michigan or Virginia Tech. But it doesn’t change who they are ! We need better than that...there’s blind loyalty nowhere...! Milton stands flat footed and can’t hit the deep ball and wide open receivers.....now !!! Hooker makes bad decisions at the wrong important times. That’s the difference between them and a pure passer. It’s clear you think that we need a dual threat Qb. But the problem is they aren’t it!!! And our VERY GOOD WIDEOUTS deserve better !

Yeah, not unhinged at all...

I’m a homer for who, exactly?

After game 1, I expressed caution about Milton’s performance. I felt we needed to see more before casting judgement.

After game 2, I believe we are fortunate that Hooker played after Milton went down. Unless Milton learns some touch, I don’t think he’s the answer.

I have concerns about Hooker, too. He looked good at times with some big plays, but then he made some costly mistakes. Not enough to hand the reins to the 3rd string guy yet, though.

So, who am I a homer of?

My god the whole time Hooker was in…disaster.
How many disasters in one game?Get Hooker as far from center as possible.

Not sure what game you were watching, but Hooker kept us in this game. Huepel wants a QB that can create with his running ability when things break down, apparently that isn’t in Baileys wheelhouse

His release is much slower even if more technical...Milton was never my choice...I liked BM and Hooker...again A true 5 star forces....

His release is much slower even if more technical...Milton was never my choice...I liked BM and Hooker...again A true 5 star forces....
I actually think HH is probably the best choice rn. Hooker doesn't have much if any more arm strength than HB though. I like HH's game. Just needs to keep the turnovers at minimum

Enough with the hyperbole. Hooker fired the team up, we get drilled if Milton stayed in. You calling this a disaster?

Hendon Hooker 15/21 189 2 TD 1 INT

Add to that 9 carries for 48 yards and 1 fumble turnover.

Fans like you just need to find another team. This is a young team, completely new staff, we knew this would be a tough year, stop acting like we're Bama. Have some perspective for God's sake.
FIFY 👊🏼

Yeah, not unhinged at all...

I’m a homer for who, exactly?

After game 1, I expressed caution about Milton’s performance. I felt we needed to see more before casting judgement.

After game 2, I believe we are fortunate that Hooker played after Milton went down. Unless Milton learns some touch, I don’t think he’s the answer.

I have concerns about Hooker, too. He looked good at times with some big plays, but then he made some costly mistakes. Not enough to hand the reins to the 3rd string guy yet, though.

So, who am I a homer of?
The first two just as you mentioned a high school kid WOW! I’m reading I’m speaking and your not getting it. That’s what I’m talking about. What your saying I’ve said it from the beginning! The so called 3rd stringer your speaking of is the only one that’s gonna get the ball to the wideouts consistently. I’ll never have any faith in either one of those two ! They are who they are before they ever came here. Nothings gonna change ! After game 1 or game 2 it’s the same ol same ol there not gonna be any different. From where they came or played.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
The first two just as you mentioned a high school kid WOW! I’m reading I’m speaking and your not getting it. That’s what I’m talking about. What your saying I’ve said it from the beginning! The so called 3rd stringer your speaking of is the only one that’s gonna get the ball to the wideouts consistently. I’ll never have any faith in either one of those two ! They are who they are before they ever came here. Nothings gonna change ! After game 1 or game 2 it’s the same ol same ol there not gonna be any different. From where they came or played.

Yeah, you aren’t a rational human being and not worth “arguing” with. Nice chat.

The faster we can let the fans choose our starter, The faster we'll qualify for the playoff. It's a tried and true formula. And dang, what would Huepel know about quarterbacking anyway!

VN Store

Back