CAN WE GET SOME HB?

Except for the Int. Hooker play excellent. He was 12 for 16 for over 170 yards at one point before the Int. He did well enough to keep Bailey on the bench for a few games or even possibly Bailey’s complete UT career. Bailey will likely transfer at least right after the season.
You have memory loss, what about the stupid fumble when he was under pressure and was holding the ball like a torch

Reactions: CJBlaze
Prepare yourselves. If Milton is healthy enough CJH will play him.
It's his guy, its the one he wants in there.
Damn the Torpedoes

No. Mediocre arm and no running threat. Not the great white hope you are looking for.
Mediocre arm? All last year everyone talked about how strong his arm was and now it’s mediocre, Okay. He might not be a big run threat, but how about on 4th and goal you march in Dee Beckwith or Leneath Whitehead, who are bigger backs and punch it in, going from under center. Bailey showed glimpses of being a really good QB last year and in the spring, but unfortunately to many people bought into the Milton hype and can’t admit they were wrong.

He got the ball stripped, it happens. What do you people want, perfection 100% of the time? Milton got the dang ball taken away from him in a worse way. Credit to the Pitt player for the strip.
Strip, he had his hands up and hooker brought the ball into his arms

Overall Hooker played well…obviously the Int at the end - he just didn’t see the guy creeping in. But he pla Ted well enough for us to win - better than Milton in my opinion. I do question if the handoff on the 4th and inches was a read by Hooker or a called play. Our RBs had 33 yards on 19 carries so I can’t believe it was a called play but who knows.
I question why inside the 5, 4th and 1, the QB ain’t rubbing the centers A$$ and going forward at the snap

Prepare yourselves. If Milton is healthy enough CJH will play him.
It's his guy, its the one he wants in there.
Damn the Torpedoes

I don’t think Huepel is that stubborn. He now has a QB situation he didn’t plan for as his guy sucked and backuoncame in. Right now it’s about getting ready for first league game and using next week to get Hooker reps if he’s the guy. Huepel ain’t that dumb.

Another thing, for those of you CONSTANTLY bitching wanting Bailey, and let's be honest, it's bitching and moaning not based in any sort of reality, the fact is we gave up 41 points today, had 14 penalties, and could not stop the pass, those massive problems cost us the game, NOT the QB play.
Turnovers and penalties cost us the game, AND QB play!
Their Good and our so so.
We couldn’t stop the pass because they have a QB that can play.
If we had one like him they wouldn’t of stopped the pass.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I don’t think Huepel is that stubborn. He now has a QB situation he didn’t plan for as his guy sucked and backuoncame in. Right now it’s about getting ready for first league game and using next week to get Hooker reps if he’s the guy. Huepel ain’t that dumb.
I hope you're correct. So far he's been pretty damn stubborn about Milton.
Could have given Hooker the entire 4th qt against Bowling Green .....but didn't.
Inserted Hooker after Milton was injured, not because he could not throw it in the ocean.

Reactions: voldurham
Turnovers and penalties cost us the game, AND QB play!
Their Good and our so so.
We couldn’t stop the pass because they have a QB that can play.
If we had one like him they wouldn’t of stopped the pass.

The QB play didn't cost us the win. Milton was a problem, yes, but Hooker played well, sans the fumble. The pick I can't fault him too much because he was trying to make a play and there was nobody on a checkdown.

Another thing, for those of you CONSTANTLY bitching wanting Bailey, and let's be honest, it's bitching and moaning not based in any sort of reality, the fact is we gave up 41 points today, had 14 penalties, and could not stop the pass, those massive problems cost us the game, NOT the QB play.

Are you blind? Along with he penalties, QB play WAS THE REASON WE LOST. If Milton connects on any of those deep passes, we blow them out. They don't recover from being 21 down in 1st quarter and we pile on. But, bc he can't hit the ocean while standing in it, they gained confidence and outplayed us the rest of the game and we still had a chance to win at the end. They should have NEVER been in this game.

Qb controversy: who plays and who doesn't. Fans often don't like the coaches choice.
I thought a player EARNED his position.

Mediocre arm? All last year everyone talked about how strong his arm was and now it’s mediocre, Okay. He might not be a big run threat, but how about on 4th and goal you march in Dee Beckwith or Leneath Whitehead, who are bigger backs and punch it in, going from under center. Bailey showed glimpses of being a really good QB last year and in the spring, but unfortunately to many people bought into the Milton hype and can’t admit they were wrong.
Shrout was the one with the strong arm last year. Some did try to hype Bailey last year as having a strong arm, but it just isn't.

Who cares? The guy did absolutely nothing last year. You HB nut riders are ridiculous. Why tf should I care that our 3rd string QB is gone by Monday?
Ok. He did nothing last year. But I hear you guys give excuses to two that have more starting and practice experience than he has. But yet you guys want us to give them time and not judge them. Milton has been practicing four years in college and so has hooker. Bailey had a covid year, thrown to the wolves as a backup in an sec schedule coached by crap, behind a crap online and yet he gets no excuses. And the vols were his FIRST choice, not the team that grabbed him after failing at his first choice.

The QB play didn't cost us the win. Milton was a problem, yes, but Hooker played well, sans the fumble. The pick I can't fault him too much because he was trying to make a play and there was nobody on a checkdown.
Trying to make a play or not, it’s your last chance to tie it up and hope for OT. it was costly!!!
But yeah he played better than Milton for sure and without the turnovers, good enough to win

Shrout was the one with the strong arm last year. Some did try to hype Bailey last year as having a strong arm, but it just isn't.
Bailey was the best QB on the roster last year and possibly this year. Milton and Hooker have multiple years in college, with starting experience. Both transferred because they wouldn’t start at VT or Michigan. When there is a question mark at the position you should play the QB with the highest ceiling, which I believe is HB. He is a RS freshman and has everything but burner speed. Hooker played well but doesn’t do well in high stress situations and to many people bought into the Hype for Milton. I truly believe that Heupel is starting Milton because he brought Milton in to be his guy. Hooker has similar traits to Milton so Heupel moves him to 2nd string. I honestly don’t feel like Bailey or Brian Maurer were given a fair shake and that’s why Maurer entered the transfer portal.

if you can hit the pass you don't need to run. hate it when everyone goes bananas when a QB scrambles for a few yards ... then holds the ball too long a couple plays later and loses it back ... THINK PAYTON & give me a thinking/throwing QB

Bailey has shown that he can hit the deep pass more than the other two with his limited reps. He’s shown touch on short and intermediate throws. He never had an arm strength concern till after Milton got here. He showed the spring game that he has plenty of arm strength to make the throws. ( don’t tell me it was against backups, because he played against the same players we put out today, and hooker still shows he is inconsistent at best at throwing).
Hooker looked better than Milton, made some inexcusable bad choices, but better. I’ll say Milton actually showed me some intangibles that were impressive, but not enough for me to say he is worth keeping. His problems are repetitive for many years now.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Bailey was the best QB on the roster last year and possibly this year. Milton and Hooker have multiple years in college, with starting experience. Both transferred because they wouldn’t start at VT or Michigan. When there is a question mark at the position you should play the QB with the highest ceiling, which I believe is HB. He is a RS freshman and has everything but burner speed. Hooker played well but doesn’t do well in high stress situations and to many people bought into the Hype for Milton. I truly believe that Heupel is starting Milton because he brought Milton in to be his guy. Hooker has similar traits to Milton so Heupel moves him to 2nd string. I honestly don’t feel like Bailey or Brian Maurer were given a fair shake and that’s why Maurer entered the transfer portal.
Spot on bro. I guess people are overlooking his 70 something completion percentage as a freshman.4 td to 2 int ratio,no spring practice. There's just some people that want a dual threat QB no matter how bad they are. Hooker did some good things but too turnover prone. He's already had 2 fumbles and an interception

Last edited:
Reactions: Dino0027

VN Store

Back