Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...Brandon Sanderson was hand-picked by Jordan to finish it from his outline and notes. He was in very poor health the last few years.

It worked out great, some people nit-pick Sanderson a little, but I think he did a great job of imitating Jordan. He did not interject himself into the story much at all...he is a great writer IMO and I plan on reading all his epic when he gets it finished.

I loved both series. I thought Sanderson did a great job finishing for Jordan as well.

I know it was just Bowling Green but who else is excited about the potential on Defense? I love how they flew to the ball, ran side line to side line effectively, and made tackles. This whole team on both sides are new to each other so I think the week 1 to week 2 progression will be huge for all of them. I still think we surprise some folks and Bowling Green was a perfect opportunity for us to get a nice W but get some film to improve on.

I know it was just Bowling Green but who else is excited about the potential on Defense? I love how they flew to the ball, ran side line to side line effectively, and made tackles. This whole team on both sides are new to each other so I think the week 1 to week 2 progression will be huge for all of them. I still think we surprise some folks and Bowling Green was a perfect opportunity for us to get a nice W but get some film to improve on.

Our defense will get worn down because of depth once we hit the sec schedule..that’s just a unfortunate reality but I was highly impressed with the defensive line and Oline…you can tell Garner has made a difference they were getting pressure on the qb and the OLine was holding up pretty well…I’ll hold further judgment once we start playing sec teams.

Our defense will get worn down because of depth once we hit the sec schedule..that’s just a unfortunate reality but I was highly impressed with the defensive line and Oline…you can tell Garner has made a difference they were getting pressure on the qb and the OLine was holding up pretty well…I’ll hold further judgment once we start playing sec teams.
I should caviat that by saying good for a mid tier SEC success team. Secondary was solid, Theo Jackson really impressed and was player of the game for me. You are correct though that depth will be a huge factor, but we have some players and some coaching IMO. Defense looked better in one game than most anything the Defensive God put up while here.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
We really aren't that thin anywhere on defense.

Might be looking at a talent drop off, who knows. But we aren't 2020 Arkansas where the same 5 have to play every snap of every game.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
@Hardy

KnobbyWeeklyKinkajou-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

Tell us who you think it is.

I have no idea. Old guy. White beard. Old fashioned Tennessee hat. That’s all I got.

To all our fans who were making fun of Vanderbilt after their loss. I don’t know what to say. We finally get an all-girls football team in the SEC and you guys can’t even show a modicum of respect. smh.

The following table shows total offense, total defense, the difference, the strength of schedule so far, and the remaining strength of schedule, for some teams of interest. The offense, defense, and offense-defense margin columns are sorted by performance.

The biggest takeaway I think is as expected Missouri’s new defense is having growing pains. ESPN dropped them behind us in their FPI rankings.

Heupel said we struggled with offensive efficiency on Thursday. ESPN graded our offensive efficiency at 45.6%, defense at 61.6%, and special teams at 34.8%. Overall, ESPN says our team operated with an efficiency of 50.3% in our first game. TIFWIW.

We may have lots of room where we can improve, everywhere. #GBO

View attachment 392251
You’re back at work!

What? Pruitt benched JG like a dozen times lol.
Weird how people forget mid 2019. Literally tried to move on from him, but the others were even worse. Had to bring him back just to save the UK game and rest of the season. Don't think Pruitt was ever in love with his play, but it was (sadly) the best there was. Should have brought in better transfers.

I loved both series. I thought Sanderson did a great job finishing for Jordan as well.
No. What he did to Mat was criminal. And he brought his obnoxious, "explain every single detail like everyone reading is a toddler" style. And my goodness, I'd hate to have a conversation with him based on the dialog he writes, so so awkward. I was super disappointed in his conclusion of the series.

Biggest takeaway...err'body, cept bama, had a week one that prolly left the home fans scratching their heads on something.

I think 15 is a lot better than 5 at Florida.
aTm didn't just give Jimbo all that cash to go well in to the 2nd half against Kent St.
Mississippi St Mary have mutinied their pirate Captain...
LSU fans have long forgotten 2019
Even UGA is wondering about there WR situation.
Oklahoma.. Tulane? Really? Good win...🤨
UNC... Nice off season😉
Clemson...I mean they'll be fine, but their offense did nothing. UGA's D is really good... But they were shut down. Has to at least give some pause until they see it do something.

So while we will certainly bemoan our lack of a passing game, again, it's probably not the end of the world. Just like for most of those teams above.
Totally agree with everything you said.

And 15 at UF is going to be a problem.

Reactions: jakez4ut
That’s what concerns me with this do or die offense! If they can’t sustain drives and keep the D off the field, we’re in trouble!

Only thing I can think of is they were thinking ok we know this works and will need this against teams like Pitt that will be aggressive with pressure so they moved on to try other plays to see what works and doesn’t. Like someone else said though BG was daring us to run and it’s a good thing to know we have a coach that isn’t stubborn and willing to say fine I’ll run it down your throat 66 times if you will let me even though I want to chunk it down field
I was more impressed with the halftime adjustments on both defense and offense. But especially offense. They saw where BG was sending their guys to stop our run and ended up putting in a blocking scheme that countered it. It was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back