Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone think Saturday will be a blowout? These coaches know each other very well from playing 2 out of last 3 years. Heupel has faced Narduzzi defenses twice and vice versa. Heupel has played against the Pitt QB twice. I think it will be close as both coaches know pretty much how the other wants to attack them. Imo if someone has an advantage it is TN with the unknown of what Heupel will do with this talent level. The key is they need to get ball out of Miltons hands quick as Pitt will bring pressure. I would expect a close battle.

Another thing about our offense from all I have studied about it
The positives is how easy it is to learn….. the way they teach their QBs…. Huge stats by offensive personnel
Negatives are QBs don’t learn post snap progressions as well…… limited route tree by wide receivers.

The way our offense is suppose to run is they call plays based on how the defense sets up….The qb typically knows the 1-2 guys that may get the ball before the snap…. Sometimes on the back side….. wide receivers take plays off when they know they are not involved in the play…. This is part of why I think it will look pretty different this weak….. Bowling Greens defensive alignment called for us to run the ball….
It seems really counterintuitive that having a limited route tree would make it harder to do progressions...it seems like it would be even easier..🤷‍♂️

I agree with McGill and have done the same thing. I am a very generous tipper if service warrants it, but if I get a jerk who could care less or is rude, I will leave a penny. In other words, I GIVE THEM WHAT THEY DESERVE. I don't care if it's McDonalds or a fine high class establishment, especially if it's the latter. You expect a much higher bill and you expect 1st rate service.
I hate restaurants where the gratuity is included in the bill. There's no incentive for the wait person to provide good service in those situations.

The dude is deadly on those wide split outs..I didn't understand why they quit throwing them. The DB really doesn't have much of a chance to get there before the ball..Milton may legitimately have the strongest arm I have ever seen on a UT QB...he was throwing those deep outs on freakin taut rope.

I really do understand why Heupel wants him to be the guy. Bailey nor Hooker, hell really nobody in college football can throw those passes out there like that. I was really impressed on those first two drives...but then he devolved quickly.

I have been extremely and deservedly critical of the guy, but let me make this clear how I feel...IF Heupel can fix him, and get him to understand what he needs to do...he is a legitimate Heisman contender...well as long as Hyatt doesn't keep dropping passes that hit him right in the chest.

Only thing I can think of is they were thinking ok we know this works and will need this against teams like Pitt that will be aggressive with pressure so they moved on to try other plays to see what works and doesn’t. Like someone else said though BG was daring us to run and it’s a good thing to know we have a coach that isn’t stubborn and willing to say fine I’ll run it down your throat 66 times if you will let me even though I want to chunk it down field

In his defense, the SEC chant is also stupid. Who cheers for a conference lol. Yay Bama keeps making us look like a pee wee football team GO SEC 🙄

It’s stale now, but you gotta remember when it started. My recollection was mid-2000s when ESPN couldn’t stop cramming mediocre Big 10, PAC 12, and Big 12 football down everyone’s throat. Constant drivel about how great Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, etc was … only to watch the SEC embarrass them come bowl season.

So what was your biggest takeaway or surprise from yesterday’s action?
Biggest takeaway...err'body, cept bama, had a week one that prolly left the home fans scratching their heads on something.

I think 15 is a lot better than 5 at Florida.
aTm didn't just give Jimbo all that cash to go well in to the 2nd half against Kent St.
Mississippi St Mary have mutinied their pirate Captain...
LSU fans have long forgotten 2019
Even UGA is wondering about there WR situation.
Oklahoma.. Tulane? Really? Good win...🤨
UNC... Nice off season😉
Clemson...I mean they'll be fine, but their offense did nothing. UGA's D is really good... But they were shut down. Has to at least give some pause until they see it do something.

So while we will certainly bemoan our lack of a passing game, again, it's probably not the end of the world. Just like for most of those teams above.

It seems really counterintuitive that having a limited route tree would make it harder to do progressions...it seems like it would be even easier..🤷‍♂️
It is…..we run our offense in wide sets so that the offense can tell what the defense is going to do….. the majority of the time…. We know where the ball is going before we snap it….. that is why I have a feeling the offense will look different this week.

It is…..we run our offense in wide sets so that the offense can tell what the defense is going to do….. the majority of the time…. We know where the ball is going before we snap it….. that is why I have a feeling the offense will look different this week.
I get where you're coming from, but I don't think it will a ton, by design. Pit plays a lot of cover 4 and 2 deep safties. Probably going to run the ball a lot again because we should have a box advantage

Reactions: Glitch and VOLSONLY
Can’t wait til we start dialing up these backs in the pass game. That is def coming. They both seem like the type to carve you up with that. Heup did this all the time with Otis Anderson and Adrian Killings. That alone will start to keep the defense on skates a lot more.
I noticed Heupel didn't show one of his deadliest weapons from what I have seen studying the UCF games..the wheel route.

I wondered if it was because he doesn't feel comfortable running it with the guys he has to work with here for some reason, or if he was just waiting to unleash it on Pitt.

I noticed Heupel didn't show one of his deadliest weapons from what I have seen studying the UCF games..the wheel route.

I wondered if it was because he doesn't feel comfortable running it with the guys he has to work with here for some reason, or if he was just waiting to unleash it on Pitt.
Idk why we didn't see it, unless we just didn't need it.

Evans is awesome in the pass game.

default.jpg

Now, That is taunting
I guess. Didn’t change my point…just because he did…in the 70’s.

Reactions: Voltrappedinfla
Idk why we didn't see it, unless we just didn't need it.

Evans is awesome in the pass game.
I think you’re right. No need for it. Theres def a few layers still to this offense. I feel like Tiyon, Jabari and Jaylen all have the perfect skillset to change games in the pass game with wheels, angles, screens, etc. And the kid committed right now is no different.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Same here, really glad we didn’t hire Elliott.

I’m back to drinking whatever is cold these days 😆. I still love good craft beer but don’t seek it out like I used to. Got some good local Irish red ale and Octoberfest beers that I’ve been drinking this weekend. Just enough flavor to keep me from getting bored.
Haven’t had an Oktoberfest in years but think I’ll pick some of Wiseacre’s up this year.

Have a bottle of EHT I might open tonight.

Reactions: Ron Swanson
You bunch of nerds convinced me to give Wheel of Time a shot. First three books should arrive today.
First is weakest, not bad...but you will understand why I say that as you get further into it, but Jordan really starts to hit his stride as the story goes through the second and even better in the third book...also you have to pay attention, stuff and characters that seems like throw away information or filler sometimes really shows up big later to way later in the story.

It is not for everybody, but it is my favorite after LoTR and the Silmarillion.

I’ve only read the first book. But, it was good.
Dang Trashy...you should read em all, they get way better until the slog, and even that part of the series has a lot of really good storytelling imo...then the last three are great...it is such an awesome world and story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back