Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang Trashy...you should read em all, they get way better until the slog, and even that part of the series has a lot of really good storytelling imo...then the last three are great...it is such an awesome world and story.
I’m in school right now, so I don’t really have time. I really want to finish it out, though. Is the series complete, or is Robert Jordan pulling a George R. R. Martin?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
default.jpg

Now, That is taunting
I love me some Roland James

I keep seeing Milton had too much time in the pocket, he took too much time, etc. Which was true. The clear sign he was not taking what the D was giving was how many times he went back and waved for his receiver to go deep or somewhere else with the extra time back there. What was he doing focusing on one guy like that? In watching and rewatching many other receivers were open on their breaks in the routes where they created separation. That's when the QB should already be throwing the ball.

It's fixable if Milton takes to coaching. He didn't at Michigan. Hopefully he will here.

From half watching Pitt and seeing their stats, I'd say Pitt played a better game 1, mostly at one position. Not too surprising being in Y8 or whatever vs Y1.

Fwiw PFF graded them out at 88. 82 on offense and 82 on defense. We graded out at a 79. 65 on offense and 88 on defense. Biggest difference was at QB.

From my own eyes, a lot of this lines up. Thought the defenses both shut down the opponent and played elite run defense. Pickett was a lot more productive both through the air and more efficient on the ground (6.5 vs 3.1 ypc for Milton - sacks probably being quite a factor). WRs - we had 3 drops...they had 4. But they had more passes and receptions too, maybe a wash. Their WRs graded out higher, maybe had a couple nice catches (?). Both teams ran the ball very effectively.

Overall we both played trash opponents, but they definitely executed better at the most important position. We're going to have to win at both LOSs to affect that in both directions. I'm confident we can do that, but whoever is QB still has to take advantage. DL will wreak havoc, but we can't lose contain on Pickett either.

Looks like a heck of a game on paper.

I get where you're coming from, but I don't think it will a ton, by design. Pit plays a lot of cover 4 and 2 deep safties. Probably going to run the ball a lot again because we should have a box advantage
Heups offense makes it difficult to stay with two deep safeties all the time…. Last time they played Narduzzi….. UCF threw for 330 yards…. Completed 2 over 50 yard passes and 1 over 30…. Pitt did give them trouble though picking off 2 passes and getting 6 sacks…. Hope Milton has a good game this week.

I’m in school right now, so I don’t really have time. I really want to finish it out, though. Is the series complete, or is Robert Jordan pulling a George R. R. Martin?
Yeah...Brandon Sanderson was hand-picked by Jordan to finish it from his outline and notes. He was in very poor health the last few years.

It worked out great, some people nit-pick Sanderson a little, but I think he did a great job of imitating Jordan. He did not interject himself into the story much at all...he is a great writer IMO and I plan on reading all his epic when he gets it finished.

I feel like I’ve participated in five TWOT discussions ITT. Amazing series I still haven’t finished. Have the last 4-5 books to read.
Lol...almost through the slog, well actually I really enjoyed Knife of Dreams, I don't really think it should be part of "The Slog"...so almost there.

I noticed Heupel didn't show one of his deadliest weapons from what I have seen studying the UCF games..the wheel route.

I wondered if it was because he doesn't feel comfortable running it with the guys he has to work with here for some reason, or if he was just waiting to unleash it on Pitt.

Don’t wheel routes usually have some loft and touch on the pass?

J/k, j/k … enough piling on Milton has already occurred.

UMASS passing for 170 should be treated the same as somebody passing for 300 any other time. They are that bad. But yeh man those mighty Pitt DBs. How does anybody ever complete a pass on them? Maybe they should all be drafted in the top 10…..woof. I mean come on, Cat.

Kinda reminds me of all the hype that NC St DB Amerson got back when we faced them. He got exposed vs. SEC speed.

Last edited:
From half watching Pitt and seeing their stats, I'd say Pitt played a better game 1, mostly at one position. Not too surprising being in Y8 or whatever vs Y1.

Fwiw PFF graded them out at 88. 82 on offense and 82 on defense. We graded out at a 79. 65 on offense and 88 on defense. Biggest difference was at QB.

From my own eyes, a lot of this lines up. Thought the defenses both shut down the opponent and played elite run defense. Pickett was a lot more productive both through the air and more efficient on the ground (6.5 vs 3.1 ypc for Milton - sacks probably being quite a factor). WRs - we had 3 drops...they had 4. But they had more passes and receptions too, maybe a wash. Their WRs graded out higher, maybe had a couple nice catches (?). Both teams ran the ball very effectively.

Overall we both played trash opponents, but they definitely executed better at the most important position. We're going to have to win at both LOSs to affect that in both directions. I'm confident we can do that, but whoever is QB still has to take advantage. DL will wreak havoc, but we can't lose contain on Pickett either.

Looks like a heck of a game on paper.
Good post, our offense stalled in the 2-3rd quarters. Hopefully we’ll gel a little better against Pitt this weekend. That’s what concerns me

In true Butch fashion his coddled star recruit QB, FSU transfer, got the start and struggled. Only for the back up QB, who he inherited, come in 2nd half and go 12-12 for 4 tds. Last year as a true frosh the kid threw 19 tds to 2 picks and somehow didn't win the job. I played football at ASU from 06-09 so I always check in on them on Saturdays. Wonder who Butch starts next week, the former 4 star QB or the effective no name guy? I think we Vol fans know the answer.

I think we might struggle early on offense…. But pick it up eventually and win 45-24. Milton will have to show he can find the open guys down field and Hyatt will have to hold the ball a bit better… defense will let up some plays but ultimately hold decently enough for a good win

Do you hear yourself?..we didn’t even score 45 against BGU🥴

1630873323401.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back