Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alontae looked good too and Tank flashed some but Theo was in on more solid plays than both combined.

I know Beasley isn't a DB but he looks like one and was playing in coverage a lot. He was the one I noticed getting beat the most. Overall the D played very well but I saw areas that SEC offenses will exploit. I can see us having the 6th or 7th best D in the conference which would be a good achievement considering all we lost.
Beasley I was very unimpressed with. Definitely a big drop off with the second team linebackers. I was very impressed with Theo in the run game, just not in the pass game.

Alontae looked good too and Tank flashed some but Theo was in on more solid plays than both combined.

I know Beasley isn't a DB but he looks like one and was playing in coverage a lot. He was the one I noticed getting beat the most. Overall the D played very well but I saw areas that SEC offenses will exploit. I can see us having the 6th or 7th best D in the conference which would be a good achievement considering all we lost.

I don’t know if I could describe Tank’s play overall? (Career wise) Is that weird?

Consistent?

Don’t really hear much about him, but I don’t recall him ever hurting us on defense either

We could 100% beat Mizzou. I want to wait till next week to make better judgement but they look like s**t today and we did destroy them last year. Columbia also isn’t an environment that exactly scares me.

FF is full of typical internet trolls and whiners for the most part. RF is mostly a group of fans looking for actual discussion.
I have a theory - RF posters are more invested and more informed.. it’s a year around thing for them and they have a better idea of what’s going on and what to expect.
A lot of FF posters don’t follow the program as closely and just run to the board to vent when the team doesn’t live up to their uninformed expectations

I don’t know if I could describe Tank’s play overall? (Career wise) Is that weird?

Consistent?

I feel you. He hits hard and usually is in the right place. He has played alright but he is also a little slow and gets beat, especially on slants or crossing patterns. Good against the run. He would be great in the BIG.

I feel you. He hits hard and usually is in the right place. He has played alright but he is also a little slow and gets beat, especially on slants or crossing patterns. Good against the run. He would be great in the BIG.

Whatcha think, 7th round/UDFA?

Yeah I think his speed is his biggest weakness. He’s not afraid to come up and pop somebody though

Reactions: TrippieRedd
I have a theory - RF posters are more invested and more informed.. it’s a year around thing for them and they have a better idea of what’s going on and what to expect.
A lot of FF posters don’t follow the program as closely and just run to the board to vent when the team doesn’t live up to their uninformed expectations

Spot on. RF posters are usually much friendlier and a lot have actually met and that changes the tone of most conversations, even disagreements. I think it also helps that RF readers and posters have been here for years. Higher level of understanding football and dog farts in here. Even rival fans are aware of this and post in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back