Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some advice. What are good questions to ask the management team interviewing you once interview is done? I have the basics answered already by the recruiter and first interview but need something more in depth? Off topic but whatever

What are your goals for this position? Why is this position available? What are the characteristics of successful people who have been in this position before me, and is it possible for one of them to mentor me? Historically, within this company, what is the career trajectory for people who have started in this position?

You don’t have to ask all of them, but these are challenging for the management and very revealing for you.

Need some advice. What are good questions to ask the management team interviewing you once interview is done? I have the basics answered already by the recruiter and first interview but need something more in depth? Off topic but whatever
Ask how often elderly men will randomly attack employees.

Ask if they'll shutdown your podcast.

Ask if they provide fresh breast milk in the break room for coffee.

He specifically said “I’m much more of a believer in Shane Beamer than I am in Josh Heupel. USC has a lot of positive momentum and Tennessee is in shambles. South Carolina goes into neyland and wins 27-24.” When he picked it
It just astounds me by how little these media guys/gals know about sports in general. Lmao...you're gonna sit here and tell me that you believe in a guy that's never been a HC before ....hell he's never even been a coordinator before.

Ask if they have a problem with a side job of selling bootleg cigarettes to elementary school children and if that can be expanded to in office dealings, hypothetically

- @David Ubben , probably

I’m hoping Heupel is the real deal and we have Spurrier 2.0 on our hands, but I’m expecting this to be a disaster.

Am I jaded, or just being reasonable now?

It’s well documented that I’m a NegaVol, and even I think Heupel is the best hire we’ve made since Majors. The challenge is the top tier of the SEC seems out of reach. After a few seasons Heupel can probably get us to 9 regular season wins as a ceiling. To cross into the top tier he’ll have to recruit at an elite level and that is the big unknown. That step would be easier if there’s a shakeup within the league like Saban retiring or Smart or Mullen leaving.

We should be able to get back to beating the mid and low tier teams like UK and USCe but to cross over it will take some luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back