Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss offered to lay me off last May till this was over because he knew I could get more by not working..

I did the same thing as you, while also knowing I was going to be ferrying dozens of people to Covid tests. I didn't take on a second job though.
I had the ability to do that based on the time I had available. I’m sure you are pretty maxed out already so I certainly don’t mean to think my chest like I’m putting in 100 hour weeks here

Wright State is a good baseball team. Not sure why some think they're scrubs. Being a small school doesn't mean much in college baseball.
I’d love to see everyone’s take if we had lost. Wright St is **** and we are top 3 in the nation.

They ship jobs out because the government taxes them through the roof so they find savings elsewhere. Labor is a huge expense for companies so if you can get it cheaper elsewhere then you offset your tax bill and make a profit. They aren't "evil". They are in business to make fracking money, not sing kumbaya.
There is a point at which it is indeed evil...do you want to go back to the late 1800s? I have seen what unregulated evil greedy bastards did to the people in coal country.

It’s only changing for the reasons being discussed here. It’s kind of a self-licking ice cream cone. It doesn’t have to change. And it shouldn’t change simply for these reasons being discussed, I.e., because certain groups of people want the easy life (and pols are eager to give it because they want votes.) They don’t want to have to earn what they get.

But again, I think it’s the fault of previous generations as much as it is their fault. We’ve allowed them to grow up in such a world. Even fostered it.
Don't say "we"...I don't have a dang thing to do with this mess...I raised my three kids right and they are doing well, and are productive and hardworking citizens.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back