Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Bama troll. It's just funny how unrealistic you people are. There is no chance Tennessee will be relevant with in the next 5 years. The elite high school players in the state are more than likely going to Bama and Clemson because they know they can win there they don't want to come to a place with no chance of competing for championships. Can't be mad at kids for wanting to win cause they sure as he'll won't do that here
“You people” 😏 Go ahead and wear a neon sign, bruh.

Sam Horn and the RB we recently offered out of Florida, Jaylon Glover, are two of my top “wants” in this cycle.

Both are legit.

I honestly could not gaf about if any of the in state kids coming here. Let out of state kids come here and become Tennessee legends.
Walter Nolen not a want or need?...

Not a Bama troll. It's just funny how unrealistic you people are. There is no chance Tennessee will be relevant with in the next 5 years. The elite high school players in the state are more than likely going to Bama and Clemson because they know they can win there they don't want to come to a place with no chance of competing for championships. Can't be mad at kids for wanting to win cause they sure as he'll won't do that here
Go pound sand

Which team do you support? We’ve had a quite number of rival fans on the board that are proud of their allegiance and have had great interaction with them. There’s nothing like friendly banter between fans.

Larry Scott is going to become a real football coach at Howard and this stinkin' carousel of antipathy and pain around UT will just continue on forever.

When you look at the names that have come through the university since Phil Fulmer left, it's a who's who of coaches and players who have all gone on to bigger and better things. Meanwhile, UT has somehow crawled farther into the gutter that Phil pushed us into.

Gosh, I hope Heupel hangs 70 on Bowling Green.

I know it sounds terrible, but we need to run the score up on every team we play this year. Need the recruits to realize just how good Huepel’s offense is.

Growing up in, and being from, the great state of Tennessee, it baffles me how any in-state kid can spurn the Vols. My first take is always....
giphy (4).gif

Then when I try to look at it from a different perspective without my VOLUNTEER blinders, I find myself like...
giphy (23).gif

So, next up! Let's get the ones that...
giphy (24).gif

...no matter what! GO VOLS!!!!

Simpson did us a favor. He commited early so now we can move on. I do not like how he did it. Sounds like he made the decision just after we hire our coach and then led us on. I am sure that the people in Martin will let him know. Maybe good decision for him playing career wise. Not a good move if he plans to live in Martin area after playing career.

Face it. Tennessee is a god awful program right now. Not a single kid on the nation cares about how good they were 27 years ago. The fact that some of you are so upset that the best player in the state went to Alabama shows how dumb you are.
**in

I am not mad myself but some of these “elite” Tennesse high school kids are going to the above mentioned schools and may win championship rings that they held a clipboard or got to hold the ball for extra points. Tennessee needs to get kids that want tp play their butts off and be here to get it back. Some if them might see a ring and deserve it like you or me. I wanted to play sports not live in the cul del sac and share treats with the others.

Simpson became larger than life because the 22 class of seniors is strong in TN and the narrative has been built that he would lead the charge in getting the recruits to come. Surely some of you can figure out he never was going to be a Vol without an industrial sized bag. When compared to Horn, who plays very well at the highest level in GA; why build that narrative? Horn is as good or better. Simpson got the rating bounce because they knew he was going to Bama or Clemson. That's the way it works. You now know from Simpson's own mouth the decision was made back at the first of the month.

Many of our best players ever have come from GA. Get the best players from wherever that want to be Vols. Just assume many instate kids are bandwagon players until proven differently. Once Heup gets the program clicking bandwagon player demand will increase.

Simpson became larger than life because the 22 class of seniors is strong in TN and the narrative has been built that he would lead the charge in getting the recruits to come. Surely some of you can figure out he never was going to be a Vol without an industrial sized bag. When compared to Horn, who plays very well at the highest level in GA; why build that narrative? Horn is as good or better. Simpson got the rating bounce because they knew he was going to Bama or Clemson. That's the way it works. You now know from Simpson's own mouth the decision was made back at the first of the month.

Many of our best players ever have come from GA. Get the best players from wherever that want to be Vols. Just assume many instate kids are bandwagon players until proven differently. Once Heup gets the program clicking bandwagon player demand will increase.

Offer lists of those guys does not scream “Horn is just as good or better”.

I’m cool with whoever we get at QB bc we have a coach who can maximize a QB’s talent. We’re gonna be just fine. But some of the best college coaches in the country disagree with Horn being just as good currently.

And if instate guys don’t wanna come it’s not bc they’re bandwagon. It’s bc they’ve never seen UT be good at football in their lifetime while other schools recruiting them are competing for national championships.

Heup puts a good, fun product on the field in the fall and the players will start to view the UT brand differently. Right now we are an old grandpa to these players who sits around in our rocking chair telling the same stories over and over about the glory days.

Reactions: Devo182
this is literally the definition of bandwagon

Not entrusting your one and only college career to a staff bc you’ve just met them at a school that has zero recent history of winning and developing players for the league is about as logical, and non-bandwagonesque, as it gets.

Simpson did us a favor. He commited early so now we can move on. I do not like how he did it. Sounds like he made the decision just after we hire our coach and then led us on. I am sure that the people in Martin will let him know. Maybe good decision for him playing career wise. Not a good move if he plans to live in Martin area after playing career.
How did he lead us on? By giving Hype a chance to talk to him?

Simpson is gone. Get over it. Horn is as good or better POTENTIALLY, which is all they really have right now. Bailey and Salter are the next 3 years then who knows? Too many prospects across the board to gain ground with to worry about one kid.
Long ways to go too. Attitudes might change when recruits see an offense that can actually score over 30 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back