Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't @ me but to really put icing on the weekend cake, Auburn beats us, again, making it 6 in a row (I think). I have very little confidence in the basketball team right now. Hope I'm wrong.

Mv5dCk0.gif

I know it sounds terrible, but we need to run the score up on every team we play this year. Need the recruits to realize just how good Huepel’s offense is.

Not terrible. Get a big lead, then pull first string and let 2nd string play. Once the 2nd string has scored multiple times, then let the 3rd string play. That’s how to develop quality depth. If the backups continue to score, that’s showing progress. Not mean or terrible.

If they don’t want us to score a bunch, then it’s their job to stop us from scoring.

Mean is running up the score while still playing the 1st the whole game.

Mean to our players is putting in the backups and then just running the ball, not using the playbook...

Just read an article yesterday from some major scout/sportswriter who said Bryce Young was Russell Wilson on steroids... Hey Simpson, good luck and be careful you don't pull a hammy sitting on the sidelines, handing out gatorade for the next 3yrs...
Young is already there I believe. If he's that good, then he'd only be there 2 more seasons and Ty would only have to sit 1 year.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Not entrusting your one and only college career to a staff bc you’ve just met them at a school that has zero recent history of winning and developing players for the league is about as logical, and non-bandwagonesque, as it gets.

I hope it does not happen as I want him to have a good career, however, I expect to say, "Mr Simpson, meet the transfer portal." in the future. They all have that opportunity to revisit their initial college selection. So yes, not going where you claimed all your life to be the place for you with a proven QB developer as the HC is being a bandwagon player. Especially in light of the fact that both Kiffin and Sark are no longer at Bama.

Not a Bama troll. It's just funny how unrealistic you people are. There is no chance Tennessee will be relevant with in the next 5 years. The elite high school players in the state are more than likely going to Bama and Clemson because they know they can win there they don't want to come to a place with no chance of competing for championships. Can't be mad at kids for wanting to win cause they sure as he'll won't do that here
I disagree with your forecast. We will be competitive on offense within 2-3 years with our offensive coaching staff. Just look at the points this staff put up through the last 6 years. If we lose games in the SEC after 3 years, it will not be on the hands of the offense.

I disagree with your forecast. We will be competitive on offense within 2-3 years with our offensive coaching staff. Just look at the points this staff put up through the last 6 years. If we lose games in the SEC after 3 years, it will not be on the hands of the offense.

Call me ignorant, but I expect a significant offensive bump this year. Look at Mizzou the year before Heup got there and his first year. They went from 280 yards per game to 500 yards per game. Not as drastic, but also increased at UCF as well.

Simpson said he made the decision Feb 1st and continued to talk with Hype.
So he gave him a chance... He would be labeled worse if he had told Hype from day 1 to not even call or text him and not even give him the time of day.

Fwiw kids "make decisions" all the time and then change their minds. These things are rarely ever set in stone and kids keep talking to every school right up until announcement day. Many are probably just too nice/shy to tell someone no. Doesn't mean they wronged someone or falsely led them on in a purposeful way.

I hope it does not happen as I want him to have a good career, however, I expect to say, "Mr Simpson, meet the transfer portal." in the future. They all have that opportunity to revisit their initial college selection. So yes, not going where you claimed all your life to be the place for you with a proven QB developer as the HC is being a bandwagon player. Especially in light of the fact that both Kiffin and Sark are no longer at Bama.

Your fandom is not allowing you to take into account the current shape of the program.

UT is on its 6th HC since 2008.

UT hasn’t won 10 games since 2007.

UT just fired members of the previous staff with cause and there are exactly zero members of previous staff still on the hill.

UT is facing potential NCAA sanctions.

The other schools recruiting these kids are competing for titles, sending dudes to the league in droves, and have stability at HC. Doesn’t matter if the OC has changed at Bama, Saban keeps letting the OC open it up.

Choosing a situation that you trust over one that is constantly a sh*tshow isn’t bandwagon. Kids don’t have to attend the school they were a fan of when they were 6 years old. And wasn’t there a graphic that showed a quote where Ty said Ole Miss was his dream school growing up?

It’s gonna take a couple years to get the stink off the program.

Call me ignorant, but I expect a significant offensive bump this year. Look at Mizzou the year before Heup got there and his first year. They went from 280 yards per game to 500 yards per game. Not as drastic, but also increased at UCF as well.
If Mizzou can go from 13 to 31 ppg in 1 year then I hope we can at least hit 28+ and give us a good chance at .500+.

Just read an article yesterday from some major scout/sportswriter who said Bryce Young was Russell Wilson on steroids... Hey Simpson, good luck and be careful you don't pull a hammy sitting on the sidelines, handing out gatorade for the next 3yrs...

Salter has received some Wilson comparisons himself. Salter also won at high level against top competition. Ty probably wouldn’t have beat him out either. Good chance he would be sitting wherever he went. We just needed him to recruit this class

Not a Bama troll. It's just funny how unrealistic you people are. There is no chance Tennessee will be relevant with in the next 5 years. The elite high school players in the state are more than likely going to Bama and Clemson because they know they can win there they don't want to come to a place with no chance of competing for championships. Can't be mad at kids for wanting to win cause they sure as he'll won't do that here
“Not a Bama troll” plus “you people”

Hope you don’t lose any toes because you have

1614437432687.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back