Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he wants to go where he can compete for National Championships and where coaches will help him get to the NFL.
(1) In all probability, UT will not win a National Championship during his time in college
(2) Our current coaches can probably get him ready for the NFL
(3) Bama has competed for and won the National Championship on a fairly regular basis
(4) Do the math

The problem here is if he truly wants to excel in the NFL then Bama has been proven to not be the place to go. If Tua continues as he did this last year and Jones goes and is mediocre at his best in the NFL then it will just repeat the cycle of NFL teams waiting to sign Bama QBs til the late rounds. So by the time Ty is ready to enter the draft the NFL will have had seen enough to again not trust a Bama QB til the late rounds.

Reactions: MwB
🤦🏼‍♂️ what is that?

“On February 1, I knew it was Alabama for me,” said Simpson to Rivals.
As soon as my mind was made up, I was fired up about it,” added Simpson. “I was just waiting for the day I could tell everyone I am going to Alabama.”

The talented quarterback announced on January 31 that he would be committing on February 19 (it was pushed back to February 26 due to inclement weather). Heupel was hired at UT on January 27.

Simpson also said he eliminated Tennessee before deciding between Alabama and Clemson, which means it’s possible Simpson didn’t even give Heupel four days.
Despite knowing that he was going to Alabama, Simpson continued to talk to Heupel and the Vols’ offensive staff on a near-daily basis.”

“On February 1, I knew it was Alabama for me,” said Simpson to Rivals.
As soon as my mind was made up, I was fired up about it,” added Simpson. “I was just waiting for the day I could tell everyone I am going to Alabama.”

The talented quarterback announced on January 31 that he would be committing on February 19 (it was pushed back to February 26 due to inclement weather). Heupel was hired at UT on January 27.

Simpson also said he eliminated Tennessee before deciding between Alabama and Clemson, which means it’s possible Simpson didn’t even give Heupel four days.
Despite knowing that he was going to Alabama, Simpson continued to talk to Heupel and the Vols’ offensive staff on a near-daily basis.”
Once Pruitt was gone, Alabama was highest bidder. Its that simple, really.

Larry Scott is going to become a real football coach at Howard and this stinkin' carousel of antipathy and pain around UT will just continue on forever.

When you look at the names that have come through the university since Phil Fulmer left, it's a who's who of coaches and players who have all gone on to bigger and better things. Meanwhile, UT has somehow crawled farther into the gutter that Phil pushed us into.

Gosh, I hope Heupel hangs 70 on Bowling Green.

Larry Scott is going to become a real football coach at Howard and this stinkin' carousel of antipathy and pain around UT will just continue on forever.

When you look at the names that have come through the university since Phil Fulmer left, it's a who's who of coaches and players who have all gone on to bigger and better things. Meanwhile, UT has somehow crawled farther into the gutter that Phil pushed us into.

Larry Scott... 😆

Reactions: ValleyAlVol

At this point that’s all I’m hoping for. To be able to watch a team that will dominate lower competition. Getting really tired of watching UT struggle to win, or even lose, games we should’ve had our 3rd string playing in by the 4th quarter.

The problem here is if he truly wants to excel in the NFL then Bama has been proven to not be the place to go. If Tua continues as he did this last year and Jones goes and is mediocre at his best in the NFL then it will just repeat the cycle of NFL teams waiting to sign Bama QBs til the late rounds. So by the time Ty is ready to enter the draft the NFL will have had seen enough to again not trust a Bama QB til the late rounds.

I think this is an interesting take and I agree. Look at every ohio state qb, each one better than the last, all flop in the NFL. Alabama has been enormously successful but QBs struggle at the next level. People always say business decision but is it really? In my opinion Lawrence would be the #1 pick regardless of where he went to school. He has the the size, can make every throw and is mobile. I think the bigger question is what happens when he faces true adversity on the field? Eventually these elite players are going to have stop riding the coattails of others and forge their own path.

In my opinion people choose alabama, ohio state and clemson because they doubt there own capabilities and want to carve out a niche for themselves off the backs of others, instead of being THE guy.

I think this is an interesting take and I agree. Look at every ohio state qb, each one better than the last, all flop in the NFL. Alabama has been enormously successful but QBs struggle at the next level. People always say business decision but is it really? In my opinion Lawrence would be the #1 pick regardless of where he went to school. He has the the size, can make every throw and is mobile. I think the bigger question is what happens when he faces true adversity on the field? Eventually these elite players are going to have stop riding the coattails of others and forge their own path.

In my opinion people choose alabama, ohio state and clemson because they doubt there own capabilities and want to carve out a niche for themselves off the backs of others, instead of being THE guy.

Exactly and to add to that playing with top talent that is better than 95% of the comp that face does nothing to help these QBs develop. When you have an O line that will almost never see an equivalent D line it’s gives the QB all the time in the world. When your best receiver may only see one CB that legitimately challenges him then that one game you look to the others who are still far better than the CB they are facing.

It’s real easy to look good as a qb in college when you almost always have a WR that gets a couple yards of separation. That’s why they struggle in the NFL. Suddenly those windows are smaller, they have far less time and the pressure they have never had to deal with gets to them.

I think from all indications he has the tools but the rude awakening that the competition level has has faced is why he is really a 2 or 3 year project in the end. Many think that he was going to come here and make an immediate impact and I don't believe that is the case no matter where he signs.
Thanks, it just seems strange that a 3A kid can get such hype. People that know a lot more than me seem to think so. I know from my family’s own experience that private school classifications sure seem to be a lot different than public. I have seen a lot of 6A schools considered to be good teams lose to 2A private schools. Thanks for the responses.

Lane and Lebby score 40 ppg in the SEC with three stars everywhere on offense.

So will Heupel.

Idgaf about Ty. Go to Bama. Hayden can go to OSU. The other back can go to UGA.

Okay cool, hook’em.

Watch us still crush it on offense and kids from other states will become Vol legends.
I don't know who you are, but I am putting you on my cheerleading team! Go Vols!!!

Read the eye sore of an article I just posted and check out his comments..f*** him he never gave a new incoming coach a fair deal.JH couldn’t help the situation he was hired into,atleast Horn is listening giving him the opportunity in winning him over.if TY “loved” the university as much as he claimed he would have gave JH that time to possibly win him over.

Just as I suspected. He screwed us. Instead of telling JH that he dropped us, he led us on. What a POS. Screw him and his dad.

Thanks, it just seems strange that a 3A kid can get such hype. People that know a lot more than me seem to think so. I know from my family’s own experience that private school classifications sure seem to be a lot different than public. I have seen a lot of 6A schools considered to be good teams lose to 2A private schools. Thanks for the responses.

Still cannot understand how Simpson can be ranked higher than Horn.

Lane and Lebby score 40 ppg in the SEC with three stars everywhere on offense.

So will Heupel.

Idgaf about Ty. Go to Bama. Hayden can go to OSU. The other back can go to UGA.

Okay cool, hook’em.

Watch us still crush it on offense and kids from other states will become Vol legends.

Great post. My sentiments as well. I want the guys who want to be Vols and play for Heup. Then go ball out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back