Mike Collins
Brad Lambert
Lon Hoke
Don Brown
Ryan Walters
Clint Bowen
Mike Cox
Chris Ash

Really I haven't heard any of these names before but I typed in Defensive Coordinator in google and these came up so I decided I would pretend I was a Sports Media guy or a insider and throw some names out there and see if any stick. You do realize if any of these people get hired I will be considered a "INSIDER" and all the prestige that goes along with it. I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now ........pretty good.....Nothing but the BEST baby nothing but the BEST.

Tim Banks, I meant to put him on my list !!!! Does making a clerical error count against my
E-CRED?!?! I have been so hopeful for "INSIDER" status tell me one little omission isn't going to dash all my lofty dreams !!!! TELL ME IT AIN'T SO !!!!

So I think Jerry Mack probably gets Special Teams & RBs, he hasn't coached them before but he's been an OC & HC so he seems the best fit. Here's my best guess on defensive staff.

Defensive Staff (5)
DC - Tim Banks
DL - Rodney Garner
ILBs - Kevin Steele
OLBs - Kevin Simon
DBs - Willie Martinez

So I think Jerry Mack probably gets Special Teams & RBs, he hasn't coached them before but he's been an OC & HC so he seems the best fit. Here's my best guess on defensive staff.

Defensive Staff (5)
DC - Tim Banks
DL - Rodney Garner
ILBs - Kevin Steele
OLBs - Kevin Simon
DBs - Willie Martinez
If this happens that would be a solid D with a good mixture of recruiter/developers

I hope our posters on VN don't break the Banks before he even gets started. The news is like 10 minutes old and I have seen at least three posts bitching about it.

Welcome, Coach Banks!!!
giphy.gif

My daughter does too. Trying to get her first job and may have finally found to right spot. It is for something called the Defensive Coordinator for the University of Tennessee Football Team. I'm honestly not sure if I want her taking it. Sounds like it may be rough sledding.

It is actually at a local pizza joint here in M'boro.

Moved to later this week. It is straight freezing rain here in M'boro right now. Gonna be a nice thick sheet of ice.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Any real chance we lose Garner to UCF?

I don't know how, would need to be a DC position and it sounds like he's already got someone in mind for that. Don't see Garner leaving his alma mater for less money to coach with Gus again (same HC that was at odds with the defensive staff if ya believe rumors).

Quick skinny from a Penn State fan I know.

Good recruiter
Had no hand in play calling at Penn State
Safety play was not great under his watch.

What kind of fan cred does your friend have? Is there a comparable VN poster we can use for our evaluation of your friend's character and info?

Banks was Franklin’s proposed DC for his staff when he was contemplating coming here. DW interviewed him then. I guess there is some justice in getting a key staff member from Franklin. Banks is a great back end coach, and very good at adapting his formations to opponents. He will be a good fit with Garner. He is also close to many inner city coaches in Memphis and Detroit. He’ll bring players here in 22. Great at identifying and developing back end talent.
I know Memphis is a lot like Detroit but he’s landed 0 kids from Memphis according to 247. Not even sure he recruits Tennessee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back