Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't view Malzahn as some schematic genius that will outcoach his counterparts and he won't have significantly more talent than others either, so I don't view that hire as a grand slam! In fact, if he can't fix their defense then he could be a step back because he won't score as much as Heupel or Frost.
Think he has a DC before we do?

It’s also not an office environment. We hired a coach in five days. It shouldn’t take a month to hire a DC.
Head coach is a perception. Needs to go fast to right the ship, plus Danny was familiar with Josh. Once it got to that point it went quickly. This next part is about fit as much as scheme. I think they've got a few people they've narrowed it down to but they are doing their due diligence.

Plus, this is a coordinator. The vast majority of normal fans don't think anything is out of the ordinary. We're the anomalies that follow high school recruiting. We know more about kids that just started their first day of classes on campus than the majority of fans know about a fifth year senior.

We are frothing and champing at the bit while the normal fans go about their daily business. They'll look the guy up after the hire. We look up every guy before the hire adding to our angst.

I don't view Malzahn as some schematic genius that will outcoach his counterparts and he won't have significantly more talent than others either, so I don't view that hire as a grand slam! In fact, if he can't fix their defense then he could be a step back because he won't score as much as Heupel or Frost.
Interesting perspective, in most of what you said I have a similar view of Heupel. If anything needs to be fixed at UCF, would that not reflect on Heupel?

Interesting perspective, in most of what you said I have a similar view of Heupel. If anything needs to be fixed at UCF, would that not reflect on Heupel?
I don’t know of anyone who has said that UCF’s defense was good under Heupel or that Heupel won’t need to significantly upgrade his defense at Tennessee, so I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make. I’m probably missing something.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Head coach is a perception. Needs to go fast to right the ship, plus Danny was familiar with Josh. Once it got to that point it went quickly. This next part is about fit as much as scheme. I think they've got a few people they've narrowed it down to but they are doing their due diligence.

Plus, this is a coordinator. The vast majority of normal fans don't think anything is out of the ordinary. We're the anomalies that follow high school recruiting. We know more about kids that just started their first day of classes on campus than the majority of fans know about a fifth year senior.

We are frothing and champing at the bit while the normal fans go about their daily business. They'll look the guy up after the hire. We look up every guy before the hire adding to our angst.
I disagree respectfully. It doesn’t take a month. We know we have been turned down by four people now for sure. That means your list has already been gone through. The football world is very different and it doesn’t take long to hire coaches. In fact, most coaches already know who they are bringing when they accept a job.

I disagree respectfully. It doesn’t take a month. We know we have been turned down by four people now for sure. That means your list has already been gone through. The football world is very different and it doesn’t take long to hire coaches. In fact, most coaches already know who they are bringing when they accept a job.
Has this hire taken a month, yet?

Reactions: 9876543vol
Randy Shannon would be fine here. Not a HR and yes, I would rather have Gillispie at Tulsa. But if Shannon is the best we can get, it would be fine. The perception is horrible but he would be a good coach. Don't shove his stats last year at me. They lost a few players to Covid. He has been a good P5 DC in the past and may be the best we can do. If he was anywhere else but UCF last year, he would be considered.

Reactions: ValleyAlVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back