Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s easy. Vq has earned the trust over the years and when they say a candidate was offered the job that’s not an opinion that’s a report of a fact. Vq ain’t in the business of making facts up. They just don’t do that.

they very clearly know what’s going on in this search

How many of them called the Huepel hire?

And how many of the other HC offers were confirmed?

Not trying to argue or throw shade - just think at this point there are no insiders any more - VQ included. VQ is the outlet to release information, that’s it. I very seriously doubt anybody knows with any certainty who was and was not offered.

And rightfully so. We finally have professionals and adults running things.

Tim Banks, I meant to put him on my list !!!! Does making a clerical error count against my
E-CRED?!?! I have been so hopeful for "INSIDER" status tell me one little omission isn't going to dash all my lofty dreams !!!! TELL ME IT AIN'T SO !!!!
You're as solid as any of the other "insiders" around here.

Banks was Franklin’s proposed DC for his staff when he was contemplating coming here. DW interviewed him then. I guess there is some justice in getting a key staff member from Franklin. Banks is a great back end coach, and very good at adapting his formations to opponents. He will be a good fit with Garner. He is also close to many inner city coaches in Memphis and Detroit. He’ll bring players here in 22. Great at identifying and developing back end talent.

I also appreciate "back end talent."

With Banks we have the back end covered.

With Garner we have the front end.

Need a solid LB coach and all three levels will be solid.
Would love to know how Banks and Pry interacted together. Which contributed what and to what degree. Can Banks call plays and if so, how credible will he be with on field adjustments.

Swain with the "Let's ride". Which one of you goobers in Swain?

iu

He's been around the Big 10 but I can't say his defenses have been impressive. Who knows how much of it has been him since he's always been co-dc.

Objectively, I don't think you can say he's better than Steele.
He may not be better than Steele. Steele was a very good DC at Auburn. If he is as good as Steele was at Auburn, I will be tickled.

So I think Jerry Mack probably gets Special Teams & RBs, he hasn't coached them before but he's been an OC & HC so he seems the best fit. Here's my best guess on defensive staff.

Defensive Staff (5)
DC - Tim Banks
DL - Rodney Garner
ILBs - Kevin Steele
OLBs - Kevin Simon
DBs - Willie Martinez
You have one too many. Ten on field coaches total. That includes JH. We already have 5 coaches on the O side to make 6. That leaves four for D. Banks and Garner will be two. So 2 open spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back