Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
UCF wants stability. Malzahn and the AD are the same age and want to establish something that keeps coaches there. Not a springboard. I don’t know what that means or how it looks. Should be interesting.

UCF wants stability?

Lmao....isn't that exactly what UT needs? We should have taken a page from out basketball program. We needed a Rick Barnes type hire....and that should have been Malzahn.

Why are we doing this DC hire azz backwards.

200w.gif

Last edited:
UCF wants stability. Malzahn and the AD are the same age, paths overlap, and want to establish something that keeps coaches there. Not a springboard. I don’t know what that means or how it looks. Should be interesting.
Gus at UCF doesn't scream "stability" to me. If he has success there, everyone is going to be expecting him to jump back to a P5 job, and I'm sure Jimmy Sexton won't be doing anything to dissuade that perception.

I can tell how many people here have never tried to hire someone for a position before. You usually go through a lot of resumes, and the once narrowed down you do interviews. From those interviews you narrow it down even more and do a second round. Then you find a few you like and you talk with them further to see if they would be a good fit. Sometimes, they realize this might not be a good fit for them, so you move to the next candidate.

This is not a fast and easy process. Finding the right person who is a good fit never is.

Don't confuse our past coaching search time frames with what is happening. Look back at how those have turned out, and realize that this taking longer is actually a good thing.

giphy.gif
It’s also not an office environment. We hired a coach in five days. It shouldn’t take a month to hire a DC.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
UCF and Lebby made too much sense.
The Malzahn hired... was UCF NEW AD at Arkansas St with Gus?
I think his alma mater at the least
Is that some Good ‘ol boy network?

Two new ADs hiring old coaches? ... 🤷🏾‍♂️
I think UCF goofed.
They were so good with new hires and fresh faces.
Lebby was THEE guy.
Welp.

Gus will do well at UCF, I think he'll push 10 wins every year there. His style of offense is different than what they've had before, but can still win plenty of ball games. Also eats up TOP when clicking well and whatever DC he has will look better because of it.

Surprised by how many of you are now wishing we had hired Gus...when the search began I saw quite a few with the Mehzahn energy, keep that ya fickle bitches.

Reactions: UTJoe and VolGee4
Give DW and CJH sufficient time to find the right guy. If you don't understand that it is a major challenge to bringing a quality DC with upside to this dumpster fire program and up to recently, athletic department, then it's on you and not them. Hopefully you realize that most of the athletic department senior staff and others have been cleaned out - which also ties into the investigations, which would not normally be the case. DW and CJH's jobs and careers are at a stake, so they want to do things right with what they have to work with. I'm just thankful they are willing to take it on and give their best effort. The pool of talent to hire from is limited due to all the issues.
At least it seems they have money and the authority to use it. If the didn't then this situation would be a lot worse.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Gus will do well at UCF, I think he'll push 10 wins every year there. His style of offense is different than what they've had before, but can still win plenty of ball games. Also eats up TOP when clicking well and whatever DC he has will look better because of it.

Surprised by how many of you are now wishing we had hired Gus...when the search began I saw quite a few with the Mehzahn energy, keep that ya fickle bitches.

It really is funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back