Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to add like an "intangibles" category or maybe "motivation" category. Like Pittman would be high in that...kind of like Dabo.
Sure, but this is all data-driven, with the goal of removing all personal bias from the equation.

The only way to measure motivation is to see who gets the most success/overachievement out of their roster, which is definitely factored in here. My belief is that motivation that makes a better coach leads to better results on the field than the talent should give you. Pittman hasn’t done that yet, Morris was just awful at it.

Dabo is one of the best, and gets a 98 for that exact reason.

Reactions: GoBigOrangeVols
I get the chemistry, but Im not convinced UCF had the best assistants. We have more resources so he should be able to get better assistants here. I don't want to see the same Butch mistakes.
Butch’s mistake wasn’t bringing his staff. It was when guys started to leave like Elder and he fired Jancek and Lawson (S&C) and Hired shoop (thought was a huge upgrade at the time) things went down hill. Other than Mahoney it’s not like the guys he brought in ended up being trash

Pruitt brought in a great staff and you see how that turned out

Accountability within the department? Oh the humanity! How dare DW expect that? If anyone thinks Dickey would have put up with leaks and just accepted it, then they didn't know CDC. This is not DW being a snowflake, this is DW trying to restore some professionalism in our AD.

Poster on VQ says Heupel is being Merritt, the RB coach with him. I’m glad he’s got familiarity, but some of this could be risky. That dude has barely coached at all, only one has recruited at this level and that’s the WR coach if they can keep him. I know these are offense and we shouldn’t worry bc the offense is Heupel’s yada yada yada, but that is a question mark for how they will work and recruit in this league. They are already behind the 8 ball in this all important ‘22 class

I am not too concerned on that side because I think we’ve discussed that Dooley and Butch’s first staffs were probably their best ones. A good coach is a good coach anywhere. I’m all about synergy on staff instead of parts that don’t always work together. Yes, recruiting is part of that synergy.

I will be interested to see where he goes on defense. I think the offensive staff can simply point to numbers, but we need some good defensive teachers.

He said in interview after the hire “in my career as an AD I’ve had two leaks. Both occurred this week. We have some work to do to make sure that doesn’t happen again.”

Circle of trust is getting smaller
Not sure why it's as big of a deal as DW is making it out to be, but it seems he's definitely going to try to take control of that department. Something that's been sorely lacking since Dickey retired.

i dunno, i don't know that i'd care so much about leaks that it'd move up my priority list like that, right now....sure he needs a tight ship, no disagreement....launch an investigation while an investigation is going on? some of you, well, most of you, are probably way too young for reference, but i'm immediately reminded of the strawberry investigation in the Cain Mutiny ...........lol.

but whatever....get'em Danny! and like someone else said....seems to me like we SHOULDN'T know about said investigation, so i'd start there........lol.

Butch’s mistake wasn’t bringing his staff. It was when guys started to leave like Elder and he fired Jancek and Lawson (S&C) and Hired shoop (thought was a huge upgrade at the time) things went down hill. Other than Mahoney it’s not like the guys he brought in ended up being trash

Pruitt brought in a great staff and you see how that turned out
The best coaches on Butches first staff didn't come with him from Cincy.

No. He’s not as widely known. But still knows a lot of people. Talks to Phil. He was one of the VFLs who got a call from Pruitt last summer before the season to discuss the possible teams we were playing and what not.

Tell him to get an account on VN.

Did he play corner?

Not sure why it's as big of a deal as DW is making it out to be, but it seems he's definitely going to try to take control of that department. Something that's been sorely lacking since Dickey retired.
It's called "controlling the message"..you can't do that when you have rats in your system always running their big mouth.

I don't like it for us, but I get it at this point.

Not saying Stoernor is..... But DW is gonna have fun trying to get $$$ from his boosters doing **** like this

Not really. This is easy, you give donors more exclusivity to the program in exchange for their silence. This is how it should work. Joe Castiglione doesn’t have leaks at Oklahoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back