Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever figure anything out about @CrieveHallVol? It seems his account is deleted, but it says he was last seen on VN on Jan 10. I know he had some medical stuff going on. @Freak would you be able to let us know if he just wanted his account deleted?

I’m going to let @Ulysees E. McGill take all the credit, but Crieve and I saw eye to eye on some things that were not in conjunction with UEMs views...we may have contributed to the outburst(s) that got the off-topic thread nuked.

Not trying to trigger you UEM

1611954826658.gif

Finished up the final edition of my coach power ratings, after making a couple additions.
  1. Added weights to better account for more recent data
  2. Added a recruiting grade to account for three primary components
    • Overall weighted recruiting average
    • Recruiting average above school expectations (So Chadwell gets credit for recruiting well at a school like CCU)
    • Talent development over time (calculated by taking the slope of adjusted talent over the coach's tenure at a school)
Since that's done, I figured I'd share the rankings for pretty much anyone I saw referenced as a candidate (and Pruitt/Butch too for comparison's sake...)

1. James Franklin - 86
Offense - 80
Defense - 81
Recruiting - 94

2. Mario Cristobal - 85
Offense - 82
Defense - 80
Recruiting - 93

3. Matt Campbell - 83
Offense - 83
Defense - 84
Recruiting - 78

4. Tom Herman - 83
Offense - 80
Defense - 80
Recruiting - 92

5. Josh Heupel - 82
Offense - 88
Defense - 77

Recruiting - 74

6. Luke Fickell - 81
Offense - 75
Defense - 85
Recruiting - 79

7. Billy Napier - 80
Offense - 84
Defense - 71
Recruiting - 79

8. PJ Fleck - 80
Offense - 84
Defense - 73
Recruiting - 77

9. Hugh Freeze - 79
Offense - 86
Defense - 74
Recruiting - 74

10. Scott Satterfield - 77
Offense - 81
Defense - 78
Recruiting - 67

11. Jamey Chadwell - 77
Offense - 78
Defense - 70
Recruiting - 82

12. Lane Kiffin - 76
Offense - 83
Defense - 68
Recruiting - 76

13. Sonny Dykes - 75
Offense - 81
Defense - 70
Recruiting - 73

14. Butch Jones - 75
Offense - 74
Defense - 71
Recruiting - 82

15. Jeremy Pruitt - 74
Offense - 67
Defense - 75
Recruiting - 82

16. Neal Brown - 73
Offense - 68
Defense - 82
Recruiting - 64

17. Lance Leipold - 73
Offense - 79
Defense - 76
Recruiting - 59

18. Will Healy - 68
Offense - 73
Defense - 60
Recruiting - 78

Among active head coaches FBS/SEC, Heupel ranks:
Overall - 16/6
Offense - 5/2
Defense - 44/10
Recruiting - 55/9

Last edited:
Tee, if you cared about this job you wouldn’t be at the senior bowl. You would be in Knoxville trying to keep kids and fighting for a job. Stop letting media and kids fight for you and get your lazy ass back home to see if you can get the job. Sorry you didn’t get a new contract or get one signed, but that’s on you. Man up and stop hurting this program. Rant over. I want to tell my neighbor to tell Tee to shut the hell up and move on, but I am not sure if it would get my a** kicked or not.
We got your back, man. Just tell us which Waffle House and we’ll be there.

Tee, if you cared about this job you wouldn’t be at the senior bowl. You would be in Knoxville trying to keep kids and fighting for a job. Stop letting media and kids fight for you and get your lazy ass back home to see if you can get the job. Sorry you didn’t get a new contract or get one signed, but that’s on you. Man up and stop hurting this program. Rant over. I want to tell my neighbor to tell Tee to shut the hell up and move on, but I am not sure if it would get my a** kicked or not.
Think it may take a few VFLs to take care of this behind the scenes. Or just let Al do it.

Poster on VQ says Heupel is being Merritt, the RB coach with him. I’m glad he’s got familiarity, but some of this could be risky. That dude has barely coached at all, only one has recruited at this level and that’s the WR coach if they can keep him. I know these are offense and we shouldn’t worry bc the offense is Heupel’s yada yada yada, but that is a question mark for how they will work and recruit in this league. They are already behind the 8 ball in this all important ‘22 class

not gonna get mad about anyone not wanting to be here. would rather find that out now, than later. hate it, cause i think cb and db were both gonna be good here....but if they don't want to be here, that's fine....

where we are right now, we really only have time for the ones that do want to be here....cause "want to" is gonna matter a whole lot in the immediate future lol. and honestly, it might matter more than anything else.....
There's probably close to 100 players and coaches on this staff. If a player's judgement is blinded by just one person, then I have to question his judgement and loyalty to his team, so maybe its best for him to follow his heart and go. We may lose a few more, but we cannot let this false cry of racism poison the rest of the team. Short term it may hurt more, but long term it will be for the best. I know its been said before, but I want the ones who want to be here.

Poster on VQ says Heupel is being Merritt, the RB coach with him. I’m glad he’s got familiarity, but some of this could be risky. That dude has barely coached at all, only one has recruited at this level and that’s the WR coach if they can keep him. I know these are offense and we shouldn’t worry bc the offense is Heupel’s yada yada yada, but that is a question mark for how they will work and recruit in this league. They are already behind the 8 ball in this all important ‘22 class
Was really hoping they’d get a recruiter to fill that spot.

Development and chemistry>recruiting

between free me and free coach tee......i don't even know anymore....lol....

it is time to start over....so, whatever needs to happen to get THERE...do it.....i honestly don't care who stays or goes at this point...just get back ground zero, so we can start fresh.....and get all this in the rear view.

lol.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back