Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why it's as big of a deal as DW is making it out to be, but it seems he's definitely going to try to take control of that department. Something that's been sorely lacking since Dickey retired.

Wasn't it a leak that cost us a coach last cycle?

Not gonna lie, I like it. I think the gossip and backstabbing is one of the major reasons we have so much trouble. Loyalty and professionalism would be refreshing.

Not sure why it's as big of a deal as DW is making it out to be, but it seems he's definitely going to try to take control of that department. Something that's been sorely lacking since Dickey retired.

It’s a big deal, because in the modern era perception is everything. When people start leaking that we talked to people during a search, it makes everyone know that who we hired might be 4th or 5th on the list which makes the university look weak.

UT needs to
1. stop doing coaching searches so often
2. Stop having every media person know who gets contacted

This dude is Charmin soft. Not a good sign.

I think the importance of keeping things quite is to give coaches that are hired time to talk to their team before it gets out. I believe that is what happen in Heupel case. The players UCF players found out through the leak and Heupel didn't get a chance to tell them first. I am sure that there are other reason also but I do remember reading about UFC players being upset about it.

One could reasonably read it that he’s saying let’s make a stand to rid our society of systemic racism so we don’t have similar things happen to us later in life, not necessarily trying to keep Tee on board.
Come on, these guys were coached by Tee and they are close to him. Some of them may have to leave if they're trying to start a boycott but who cares. JH is gonna do what he needs to do.

Dang we ain’t going to get any kind of info moving forward lol
tenor.gif

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
You said you don’t wanna see him make the same mistake Butch did. Nobody outside of Mahoney was bad and he wasn’t the reason for his failure
Not being able to surround yourself with great coaches was one of his downfalls.

It will be interesting to see who jumps on board. All I'm saying is I hope he surrounds himself with the best coaches, and they all aren't in Orlando right now.

The best coaches on Butches first staff didn't come with him from Cincy.

Gillespie, Thigpen, Martinez, and Azzani were the only 4 that weren’t. Gillespie is good, but I wouldn’t consider the other three as high level. Ended up being disappointments. The rest of the staff was from Cincinnati, including both coordinators and Lawson. Probably Butch’s best coaching job.

Poster on VQ says Heupel is being Merritt, the RB coach with him. I’m glad he’s got familiarity, but some of this could be risky. That dude has barely coached at all, only one has recruited at this level and that’s the WR coach if they can keep him. I know these are offense and we shouldn’t worry bc the offense is Heupel’s yada yada yada, but that is a question mark for how they will work and recruit in this league. They are already behind the 8 ball in this all important ‘22 class
It seems to me that he's more concerned in bringing continuity in so that they can implement the system fast. Then let the offensive production this year help them make up ground with the 22 class. I think they'll pull it off, but I'm biased.

Reactions: RiotVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back