Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oklahomans like their Braums

98605336_2951141741608247_6621880852127154176_o.jpg
its delicious

I think Heupel is the equivalent of a Tom Herman hire. Needs a Staff of great defensive coaches and Recruiters. It will be interesting to see if he's able to handle the kind of fan scrutiny and pressure that UT has here. I think he'll need 3 -4 years to compete for the East. Overall B grade hire.
I rated the hire to my friend earlier today C+. And told him the rating could go up depending and the staff he surrounds himself with.

decision making is the big difference, and the run game options Milton brought were invaluable.
Imagine running that offense in the red zone with a QB who could move. That was KZ. He was a superstar.
just watch him vs Auburn in the bowl game. That performance was Spectacular. He ran for over 100 yards

I know he was great, I'm saying that the fact that after he was gone the offense didn't really drop much in efficiency, and that it is a great testament to Heupels coaching abilities since he was able to get so much production out of the next guy.

The offensive numbers hummed right along. He needed a better defense, which is what he will have to have at Tennessee also.

The dude has absolutely proven over many years now that he is an elite offensive coach. I'm sorry that UCF forgot that. I bet they will be sorry he is gone soon.

I know he was great, I'm saying that the fact that after he was gone the offense didn't really drop much in efficiency, and that it is a great testament to Heupels coaching abilities since he was able to get so much production out of the next guy.

The offensive numbers hummed right along. He needed a better defense, which is what he will have to have at Tennessee also.

The dude has absolutely proven over many years now that he is an elite offensive coach. I'm sorry that UCF forgot that. I bet they will be sorry he is gone soon.
Oo gotcha!!! 👍🏾

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

Texans owner setting up a black coach for failure lol

Jesus Christ Hank. 90% of NFL coaches walk into a situation destined to fail. White black tan brown or green. Unless you have a Brees, Watson, Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Wilson - well, you better be a damn good coach or else you’re fired in 2-3 years. Even a Goff and Allen are piss without great coaching. Like 10-15% of the league has elite QBs who will make any coach look good. Maybe 60% of the league has system QBs who need a great coach. The rest of the teams are in limbo. Recycling coaches every year hoping something clicks.

If Adam Gase was getting the Texans job, would he be getting ‘setup to fail’ or would it be another episode of ‘systemic racism’ holding minority coaches down?

Looking at Mizzou’s 2016 schedule, it looks like Heupel’s offense racked up a ton of points/yards against cupcake teams, but did little against the SEC teams, so there’s more to it than just looking at the overall offense rankings year to year. 2017 is basically the same story, maybe only slighty better. I know some Mizzou fans and most of them back this up and were unimpressed with CJH’s offense there.

Looking at Mizzou’s 2016 schedule, it looks like Heupel’s offense racked up a ton of points/yards against cupcake teams, but did little against the SEC teams, so there’s more to it than just looking at the overall offense rankings year to year. 2017 is basically the same story, maybe only slighty better. I know some Mizzou fans and most of them back this up and were unimpressed with CJH’s offense there.
Uhh Missouri beat us 50 - 17 in 2017.... and racked up over 600yds..... with Huepel in his 2nd year as Offensive Coordinator....

Uhh Missouri beat us 50 - 17 in 2017.... and racked up over 600yds..... with Huepel in his 2nd year as Offensive Coordinator....
Uhhh You kindof proved my point. That was the worst UT team in history, 4-8. Tecnically an SEC team, sure. Im really talking about teams with a pulse. His dazzling offense tends to disappear.

Uhhh You kindof proved my point. That was the worst UT team in history, 4-8. Tecnically an SEC team, sure. Im really talking about teams with a pulse.
They beat Florida, Vandy, Arkansas and lets not forget he wasn’t the Head Coach so we don’t know what all was him and what wasn’t. (I don’t think you can equate OC time to HC time since as HC you can do exactly what you want)

What we can agree on is that his offenses at UCF have been impressive.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Uhhh You kindof proved my point. That was the worst UT team in history, 4-8. Tecnically an SEC team, sure. Im really talking about teams with a pulse. His dazzling offense tends to disappear.

They only had one game with less than 350 yards of total offense. Most games they were over 400 yards. Mizzou is a wasteland for talent.

They beat Florida, Vandy, Arkansas and lets not forget he wasn’t the Head Coach so we don’t know what all was him and what wasn’t. (I don’t think you can equate OC time to HC time since as HC you can do exactly what you want)

What we can agree on is that his offenses at UCF have been impressive.
Yes, I agree he’s looked good at UCF. He should have since he inherited a good bit of talent from Frost. I just thout it useful to look at what he did in the league he’s about to cosch in compared to Mickey Mouse land. I hope he scores tonnes of points at UT, but he’ll have to prove he can do it against the top teams.

Yes, I agree he’s looked good at UCF. He should have since he inherited a good bit of talent from Frost. I just thout it useful to look at what he did in the league he’s about to cosch in compared to Mickey Mouse land. I hope he scores tonnes of points at UT, but he’ll have to prove he can do it against the top teams.
This I can agree with. But a better comparison would be to see what he has done against Lane Kiffin.... who is currently coaching at Ole Miss and his Team destroyed Kiffins team.

They only had one game with less than 350 yards of total offense. Most games they were over 400 yards. Mizzou is a wasteland for talent.
Yards dont really mean much. I was looking at points scored against elite competition. Thats what matters Dooley also out up tons of yards and points as OC there. Arguably did a better job than Heupel did.

This I can agree with. But a better comparison would be to see what he has done against Lane Kiffin.... who is currently coaching at Ole Miss and his Team destroyed Kiffins team.
Yeah UCF is AAC. FAU is C-USA. That’s apples to oranges. Kiffin was at a big disasvantage talent-wise against Heupel. We will get a better idea this year when UT plays Ole Miss. for the record, id rather have Heupel b/c Kiffin is a POS.

Yeah UCF is AAC. FAU is C-USA. That’s apples to oranges. Kiffin was at a big disasvantage talent-wise against Heupel. We will get a better idea this year when UT plays Ole Miss. for the record, id rather have Heupel b/c Kiffin is a POS.

Honestly I think it all comes down to how our Defensive Staff pans out. If we get a good defensive staff, Huepel can let his offense run free and not have to worry about our defense giving up a ton of yards or points..... it’ll be interesting to see.

We went on this explosive search to build a new “decade of dominance” and we end up with the guy from Whites last job. Really? A guy who even their fans are scratching their head over because of our interest. You can all attempt to build up your case for Heupel in your head and rationalize it with hopes of Missouri in 2017, and these Offensive stats from UCF but just remember one thing... the Atlantic Conference is NOT the SEC. The talent needed to run this style of offense currently doesn’t exist at UT and probably won’t because the necessary players would rather go air it out with Leach at Mississippi State.

I’m so excited for this hire I can t stand it!
🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back