Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA, do you know if Campbell was even contacted? I knew it was a long shot, but I just kept thinking 40 mill, or 7 to 8 mill per, gave us a slight chance...nine times out of ten, money walks, talks, and breakdances. Campbell doesn't seem like a dude driven by money, but...40 million is 40 mother effin million, you know.

Unless there's a personal relationship, it sometimes starts and ends with the rep. They do a temperature check with the agent or attorney; if there's no interest, they usually move on down the list unless they think they can bring something else to the table. I think Campbell and Fickell were non-starters.

You know the one thing that I LOVE about this hire? By all accounts, I don’t have to worry about our HC doing something stupid like not knowing what asparagus is, or wearing a stupid buff wrong, chasing coeds, tweeting at opposing fans, etc. He has a normal looking family- I find that oddly nice. He is a normal looking dude- great.

I don’t need my coach to be the talk of ESPN, finebaum, or media week- I need him to win.

Suggestions on best Huepel UCF games to re watch???
All the games vs Memphis were pretty wild. Beat them twice in 2018, second time with a backup qb. Don't think they played in 19. Then lost this year in a wild one. Thats become a fun rivalry to watch.. The last 2 cincy games were losses but very entertaining. Same with pitt in 19. If you just wanna see him dominate though the Stanford one, pitt in 18. And the 2 against lane are fun.

That was an alarm bell for me and when pretty much out of the blue AV repeated those sentiments with the whole fall in-line post he gave back when we were still debating various hires that was uncharacteristically over emotional and hard line for him; it was obvious then that Team Haslam was orchestrating the 'how to deal with fans' portion of things and that DW and everyone else on the Haslam train was following that path. I knew then that we were about to make a hire fans wouldn't like and that they were trying to do it while leaving us completely in the dark. It was so orchestrated that I think Heupel was the choice all along. The rest was pretend.

I think DW will eventually learn that the Haslams are the last people he needs to consult with on how to deal with fans, especially Vol fans (their fan relations and hamfisted attempt to power through a hire is what bungled the last search), but he's probably gonna have to learn it the hard way. The only reason he hasn't felt a harsher backlash is Heupel is a better hire with less baggage than Schiano. But more and more, I think the entire 'search' was a farce and this was it all along.

So you think the Haslams care enough they’d send one of their “people” to an anonymous free message board to drop a “get in line” post as a way to control things?? That’s pretty laughable actually.

If this was that orchestrated why didn’t it occur on VQ or 247 or through more significant media members?? They’ve got the influence to do it, but they only decided to do it through one random person on free message board haha

Someone needs to stop being afraid of the bogeyman.

I agree. The cupboard appears to be very bare on defense. We need a miracle worker on that side of the ball and we need elite recruits immediately
We are going to have to cut JH and whoever he hires to coordinate the defense a ton of slack for that side of the ball this year.

The defensive roster is extra thin, really raw, and with huge holes at several spots.

There will be no sense at all in dogcussing whoever takes on the DC and staff jobs this year...it is what it is.

You aren't going to get an argument out of ms that the fan base has issues it does. I just think he needs to go about it a different way. Go on a public campaign. Have VFL's go on media, talk shows, Twitter and pump the positive energy. His message isn't going to be well received, he's been on the job less than a week just comes across as tone deaf

I think DW has to understand that trying to beat positive energy into some of our more outspoken fans just isn't going to work. It's a battle he will lose all day every day. He just needs to learn to not pay any mind to the Twitter warriors who are always going to find something to complain about. Focus on fundraising and giving Heupel every resource he needs in order to succeed. Heupel succeeding is the cure to the negativity.

So you think the Haslams care enough they’d send one of their “people” to an anonymous free message board to drop a “get in line” post as a way to control things?? That’s pretty laughable actually.

If this was that orchestrated why didn’t it occur on VQ or 247 or through more significant media members?? They’ve got the influence to do it, but they only decided to do it through one random person on free message board haha

Someone needs to stop being afraid of the bogeyman.

This has been, and will always be the message board that really matters.

@DeerPark12 need you to get on this regarding Uniforms. Let them know we would like the Blacks and Smokey Greys as alternates. We would also like to get rid of the Black cleats... and bring in some cleats that you know match our Uniforms.... also.... how about lets get some accessories to go with our Uniforms for these kids..... it will help with recruiting #ImJustSaying

I'm gonna have to sit things out for awhile. I'm keeping up with my contacts, but the negativity around the program just has me kind of disengaged right now. I'm excited for baseball and softball, but I know those don't really move the meter around here.

I wonder how much money Oklahoma has forked over to these guys. Something tells me their combos got upsized
Oklahomans like their Braums

98605336_2951141741608247_6621880852127154176_o.jpg

You know the one thing that I LOVE about this hire? By all accounts, I don’t have to worry about our HC doing something stupid like not knowing what asparagus is, or wearing a stupid buff wrong, chasing coeds, tweeting at opposing fans, etc. He has a normal looking family- I find that oddly nice. He is a normal looking dude- great.

I don’t need my coach to be the talk of ESPN, finebaum, or media week- I need him to win.
Type of guy you might drink a beer with, go fishing, talk football.

You think a Det/Hou swap happens? Seems likely to me
I don’t because Detroit is wanting a tear down rebuild. So they would have to give AT LEAST multiple 1s and more ... and i don’t think they want to do that. Jets got 2 and 27 so i like our chances. That’s basically trading Justin fields or Zach Wilson for Watson. But I’m perfectly fine with staying at 2 and nabbing fields or Wilson too tho. I love them both and that 5 year rookie deal is really nice

Points and yards haven't dropped much if any..
decision making is the big difference, and the run game options Milton brought were invaluable.
Imagine running that offense in the red zone with a QB who could move. That was KZ. He was a superstar.
just watch him vs Auburn in the bowl game. That performance was Spectacular. He ran for over 100 yards

I'm gonna have to sit things out for awhile. I'm keeping up with my contacts, but the negativity around the program just has me kind of disengaged right now. I'm excited for baseball and softball, but I know those don't really move the meter around here.
I love what's going on with our baseball team. Vitello is a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back