Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the hire. Gonna be a prove it type of hire, which we are use to. All depends on the defense and recruiting. If this guy can sure up the defense, watch out, his offenses will putt up points. I'm also hoping he locks down the state in recruiting.
It was always gonna be a difficult job and hire, im glad we got someone that wants to be here. I'm pullin for him.
Aaron Hayden was on Basilio talking that his staff was reaching out across the state before they ever got to Knoxville. Hopefully that's a good sign.

@DeerPark12 need you to get on this regarding Uniforms. Let them know we would like the Blacks and Smokey Greys as alternates. We would also like to get rid of the Black cleats... and bring in some cleats that you know match our Uniforms.... also.... how about lets get some accessories to go with our Uniforms for these kids..... it will help with recruiting #ImJustSaying

UNLV was the first game I ever took my son to watch. I still have a picture of him with Jumbotron in background. We loved those uniforms. We have gone to many other games together, but I will always remember that game.
That’s awesome. I was a student then and I believe that was Labor Day weekend and the game was on a Sunday. A lot of fun that night .

Good grief! I just watched a random series at about 13 minutes left in the second quarter. They barely had time to show a replay of the last play before the ball is out again. Everyone on offense seems to know exactly where they're supposed to be too.
Very fast.
As fans, we have to trust CJH and not 2nd guess his hires on the offense side of the ball.

One thing you pointed out that stuck out to me also was how all 11 players knew exactly what to do and do it very fast. He needs “his” people to teach and coach this offense and implement by summer.

Watching UCF against Cincy. First two offensive possessions Heupel scored. Wide open receivers everywhere. But they move fast. Very, very fast. Impressive that this offense is this good when, tbh, Gabriel’s arm is pedestrian. Heupel can coach.

It’s impressive that Fickell came back and won by a field goal. But everyone on here who would love Fickell, he has beaten Heupel by 6 combined points in two years, and that’s with Heupel having an atrocious defense.
Ha! I’m watching that game now!

Makes sense. I also think DW will do a lot more for the program to build it back up than just this hire. I think that job long term was by far the most important hire and they made a great one imo. The common denominators in our run of bad coaches has been bad leadership above them.

Two ways to look at it:

1) Could we have done better? Sure. But the Chancellor wasn't going to stand for some of these coaches, and they were working with a specific profile. Finding a fit within certain parameters isn't easy, especially when you factor in UT's current situation.

2) Could we have done worse? Definitely. Building in a safety net set the floor, and we got a good AD in the bargain. It's always nice to have a guy in your backpocket. That was a smart move.

We avoided freefalling, stopped the bleeding and now we can rebuild.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m glad this place has finally slowed down. Volnation was like having a second job for me, I’d read a page and refresh and 3 more would be added. Exhausting
I started skipping every other page, but that was not enough there for a while.

Pretty sure Franklin wasn't top of the list, but he was the only one that UT was ready to paper. Others said no rght away. JH was backpocketed all along, and once they got to a certain point, it was all Heupel and they finalized a deal very quickly. UT knew before hiring DW that he could bring others and put together a package at a reasonable cost. UT basically bought a $6MM safety net, and they used it.
Agreed.... Exactly how I see it.

Pretty sure Franklin wasn't top of the list, but he was the only one that UT was ready to paper. Others said no rght away. JH was backpocketed all along, and once they got to a certain point, it was all Heupel and they finalized a deal very quickly. UT knew before hiring DW that he could bring others and put together a package at a reasonable cost. UT basically bought a $6MM safety net, and they used it.

Which was apparent this AM. Armchair quarterbacking, but why in the world did they not sell it as a tag team deal early on after DW was hired. They had to know from preliminary phone calls to agents and coaches that the top guys were not coming. A lot of the rancor would have been avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back