Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Franklin wasn't top of the list, but he was the only one that UT was ready to paper. Others said no rght away. JH was backpocketed all along, and once they got to a certain point, it was all Heupel and they finalized a deal very quickly. UT knew before hiring DW that he could bring others and put together a package at a reasonable cost. UT basically bought a $6MM safety net, and they used it.
I love that they had a plan and followed it. Yeah, wish it could have been a Campbell, Fickell or Fleck for the good press and happy fans. But considering....we got a really good offensive coach that performed well in the SEC as an OC that has head coaching experience. He's produced many great QBs. The players are going to love scoring points after what they've been through. Get the defense set and we should win some games, get some recruits and start competing for championships in a few years. If he doesn't work out the AD should be in a better position to hire someone else later.

They did okay. May turn out to be better than okay. I knew they weren't going to pull one of the fan faves, so my expectations were tempered.
I'm not going to say I didn't buy in and have hope that we would get an A+. I like Kiffin and Freeze but knew they weren't real options. Out of the Dykes tier, I like Huepel better. Just gotta not nuke the program for a few years and stabilize this thing.

Tee is being a baby if all that’s true. If he didn’t play here, him being interviewed wouldn’t even be halfway considered. It would be like giving osovet an interview.
Yeah Tee needs to just go coach at a lower level for a bit and prove his worth as a head coach... then he has a gripe

I'm not going to say I didn't buy in and have hope that we would get an A+. I like Kiffin and Freeze but knew they weren't real options. Out of the Dykes tier, I like Huepel better. Just gotta not nuke the program for a few years and stabilize this thing.
IMO Heupel and Dykes are not from the same tier.

TV money kicks in in a few years. If JH can win 7-8 games for 4-5 years the fan base will stick around enough and the money will be there.
I hate agreeing with Bruin, but I believe his is correct in the second hire will be more important than the first.
I'm in the camp that feels with this hire there might not be a need for a second hire for a very long time.

I'm in the camp that feels with this hire there might not be a need for a second hire for a very long time.
I would love that, but I honestly have no idea. I'm not going to sit here and complain about Heupel his offensive numbers excite me, but his defense scares me. I see him making this a machine, but I could also see him tanking the program even more. I just dont know what to expect. Im on the roller coaster though, wherever it takes us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back