Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
UT, especially the Chancellor, would have liked a diversity hire. He's letting his emotions run away with him.

Live in Greenville so most everyone around me are Clemson fans...know some people who knew Tony Elliot before he blew up...they say nothing but great things about...all around good dude and future superstar...they were worried about losing him.

Pretty sure Franklin wasn't top of the list, but he was the only one that UT was ready to paper. Others said no rght away. JH was backpocketed all along, and once they got to a certain point, it was all Heupel and they finalized a deal very quickly. UT knew before hiring DW that he could bring others and put together a package at a reasonable cost. UT basically bought a $6MM safety net, and they used it.
Makes sense. I also think DW will do a lot more for the program to build it back up than just this hire. I think that job long term was by far the most important hire and they made a great one imo. The common denominators in our run of bad coaches has been bad leadership above them.

After I posted that I thought. If Franklin was #1 the top 2 candidates were. I agree it would be cool and it would be awesome to see a premiere school hire a HC of color but Tee isn't ready. It will never happen but he needs to apologize for this statement.

Tony Elliot deserved it way more than Tee...would coach circles around him.

Live in Greenville so most everyone around me are Clemson fans...know some people who knew Tony Elliot before he blew up...they say nothing but great things about...all around good dude and future superstar...they were worried about losing him.

Yep, he fit a lot of the profile, with the diversity cherry on top, but I think UT's instability and uncertainty were too much for him. Understandable, really.

He turned us down. I believe he would've been a stud hire.

Right, like every recruit that was a done deal but it’s fluid. Everything’s fluid around here. Dude had no clue what was coming lol.

That’s the problem, people put too much faith in what the “insiders” say instead of taking it with a grain of salt. Then they get pissed when someone behind a keyboard, that they’ve never met, tells them something supposedly factual when at best we all know the odds of that so called fact happening is 50/50 at best
But
I see your point
Definitely with recruiting
I’m just saying people are pissed we got JH but why would a big name leave a better job to come fix our current **** show. No smart person would leave a better job for this place right now

Long story short, quit putting so much faith in what you read on a forum page

I read today how fast the tempo is under CJH. I watched some of this game on Youtube. Tempo was certainly crazy.

Good grief! I just watched a random series at about 13 minutes left in the second quarter. They barely had time to show a replay of the last play before the ball is out again. Everyone on offense seems to know exactly where they're supposed to be too.
Very fast.

how did you know I was a Chicago Bears fan? But seriously, when all technical analysis goes out the window it feels unstable.
Short Squeezes work due to technicals. There will be regulations in place making short squeezes harder. When rich guys take money from millions of people it is business, but when millions of people take money from rich guys its criminal

Taking emotions out of it they did pretty well. Even if JH is a complete flop... I think we will be better situated in the next coaching search.

They did okay. May turn out to be better than okay. I knew they weren't going to pull one of the fan faves, so my expectations were tempered.

Depends on if we want to pay JH his buyout
TV money kicks in in a few years. If JH can win 7-8 games for 4-5 years the fan base will stick around enough and the money will be there.
I hate agreeing with Bruin, but I believe his is correct in the second hire will be more important than the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back