Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heupel has a lot working against him.

He kinda looks like Donnie Tyndall. That’s no good.

He’s got a weird last name that will be misspelled by fans for eternity.

And UCF got worse every year under him. The hire may be more palatable if we were coming off a regular season, as it seems COVID did hurt his team. But right now his trajectory looks awful.

The fanbase is simply not going to like this hire at all.
People still can't spell Kiffin and would mess up Pruitt occasionally. They will butcher this one.

Reactions: ATC_VOL and Aesius
We didn't need the $2 M Man Danny White to have JH be the Vol HC. He would have soiled his pants getting here if any McGoogle AD would have called. He played/coached at Okie and coached at Mizzou. He knows this is a great job for the right guy. I will give him every chance to succeed if he is the guy and like the O. He is gifted at QB mentoring and O schemes/plays. I just don't see a SEC killer in him who can take down the big boys. This hire needs to fix things long term. A full commitment to a total rebuild back to top 10 status every single year. A transitional HC gets us more of the same and we will be right back here in 3-5 years. If it is JH, I want to be proven fully wrong and always root for the best for the players and program.

But I still expect it to be somebody else more qualified. I trust nobody in local sports media. They are playing with fans emotions to make money and get clicks. Which is wrong.

Wouldn't the coach we are hiring have a team meeting with the team he is leaving? I would think we would hear a lot of noise & rumblings from wherever that would be, unless our hire doesn't have a team.

We went on this explosive search to build a new “decade of dominance” and we end up with the guy from Whites last job. Really? A guy who even their fans are scratching their head over because of our interest. You can all attempt to build up your case for Heupel in your head and rationalize it with hopes of Missouri in 2017, and these Offensive stats from UCF but just remember one thing... the Atlantic Conference is NOT the SEC. The talent needed to run this style of offense currently doesn’t exist at UT and probably won’t because the necessary players would rather go air it out with Leach at Mississippi State.

I’m so excited for this hire I can t stand it!

When JH is announced I beg fans to stop the negative on Twitter. Games are going to be WAY more exciting to watch and this new coach has one hell of a steep mountain to climb with the ncaa mess those fools left him. They don’t need this stupid ass fan base being fools on Twitter making it harder than it already is

We fans have an extremely inflated sense of the Tennessee Head Coaching job. It’s a toxic landfill fire. It’s still Matt Campbell till it’s not.
It's going exactly how we have seen it play out everytime. People are mad because they knew what the results were going to be as soon as it was announced we fired Pruitt and Fulmer the way we did.

We fans have an extremely inflated sense of the Tennessee Head Coaching job. It’s a toxic landfill fire. It’s still Matt Campbell till it’s not.
Hugh Freee is there for the taking but UT cant see it from atop their moral high horse. So stupid. Oh well, at least they will lose The Right Way(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back