Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I really shouldn't judge the guy but we keep getting the same type hires. I always just read and never post my opinion but it was stated that we hires a bad ass AD. I think Phil could have made an equal hire and he sure wasn't a bad ass AD
Phil would have never hired a offensive machine like Heupel...ever..He would have hired Kevin Steele..that was his speed.

I know it's 90% meaningless, but like how he talks.

Doesn't sound like a moron like Pruitt.

Doesn't sound like a cliche machine like CBJ.

Just talks like a pretty normal human being. Passionate and smart.
And when the next coach is hired you will say "I like him he doesn't sound blah blah like Mehupel."

I guess he's not staying. Did Tee think he was getting the job?
Probably, or at the very least thought he'd get serious consideration.

There's a reason he's only coached here for a couple of years in his career, and he only came back here after Phil became AD. He has a complicated relationship with his alma mater.

Press conferences don't matter, games do. But someone who is good at talking are normally better at creating a culture

He may be better in the locker room. Saban is generally terrible at press conferences too but he wins enough that he just can be a grouchy ******* and make reporters terrified of him. And then when he does make a point it's hailed as some genius revelation because he actually said something of substance.

Reactions: WesternNCVol
One thing we will get at least is someone that doesn't "back off" to milk the clock.

Heupel's going to try and put points on the board in every way he can. The OOC cupcakes will get a taste of it too, and he'll use big leads to get reps for his 2nd QB and young guys far better than Pruitt ever did.
Give this guy 40 seconds, 3 timeouts and the ball on the 50 and expect better than 2 sacks and a kneel down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back