Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This man is willing to come to a dumpster fire of a school when all others wouldn't even consider it. You may not like the hire and that's your choice but at least give the man a chance. He brought his family into a hostile environment knowing that he wasn't the first or second or even third choice.

Anybody know specifics on him going from OU Co-OC to Utah State OC/AHC?.... lincoln riley stepped in at OC after he left.

Also, he leaves Mizzou, and Dooley steps in, and Drew Lock breaks SEC records........

You got tour stuff backwards. He broke records with heupel and fell off unde Dooley

One thing we will get at least is someone that doesn't "back off" to milk the clock.

Heupel's going to try and put points on the board in every way he can. The OOC cupcakes will get a taste of it too, and he'll use big leads to get reps for his 2nd QB and young guys far better than Pruitt ever did.

What I've learned in the coaching search of 2021 -

- VQ is still pretty much dead on with stuff (I'm guilty of accusing them of being wrong during this)
- Insiders took a hit on this one
- @Kingston Vol coaching lists are pretty close to accurate as we'd like to admit
- @BruinVol is more right than some would like to admit
- Our program isn't what we perceive it to be
- @TN-POSSUM is the king of the GIF
- @Neyland Rising became a legend

I'm getting behind the new coach and hope he has great success. I do not want to do this again in 3 years!

You all are a great bunch, I've appreciated the banter and the high's and low's of this search!

Go Vols!
Thanks buddy. I was just doing what I could until @Glitch shows back up. There's been some good gifs posted. I've laughed my butt off. Best thread on VN

If Heupel had only taken this job several years ago, and then left after one year in the cover of darkness, and went on to have a mediocre career as a HC while flirting with us on twitter then TN fans would love him.
I don’t have to agree with this Bass to like this Bass. 😅

My biggest concern is how will Heupel handle things if they get tough. Butch crumbled. Heupel comes from a winning background and has played and coach at high level and high stress jobs. Hope this job doesn't prove to be too big for him
like taking a job with half the roster in the portal, ncaa investigation and a fan base that's....excitable.....lol....

my gut says we find out...PDQ.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Anybody know specifics on him going from OU Co-OC to Utah State OC/AHC?.... lincoln riley stepped in at OC after he left.

Also, he leaves Mizzou, and Dooley steps in, and Drew Lock breaks SEC records........
Bosses asked Stoops to make changes after an 8 win season. Fired his OC instead of his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back