Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Neil Brown will be a good coach in a few years, but he’s not there yet imo. I watched about every wvu game this year, and he had some bonehead decisions. Don’t think he’s ready for the grind Tennessee will demand.

220px-Tony_Elliott.jpg

The real question is do we want someone that can do more with less, or someone that does more with more, immediately?

Stupid question I know, but I ask because of all potential candidates, the one that I think makes an IMMEDIATE impact and backs up the FU money mentality from day one is Kiffin. He has the swagger and will take the current roster and be on the fast track to compete. The talent is there, those kids just need a coach with moxy and someone willing to help them express it, and have fun while doing it! This is why Kiffin makes the most sense to me.

However, I have faith in the process and the new AD! He gets paid to do this stuff, I only offer free opinions.🤷
I want a FU coach being paid with FU money by a FU university funded by FU boosters

Freeze or Kiffin

Turns out to be the case now. He was not their first choice though...

The story I always heard was that Saban was the first choice of the Boosters but the AD didn’t think they could get him so went after Rich Rod which fell through becomes it got to the press before it was finalized. Then the big money boosters backed up the truck to Saban and the AD promised him the moon.

Lol and wtf are you that your opinion means dick? If you need to talk yourself into David Shaw your opinion is garbage. You can't even name 5 other active HCs with a decade of experience and a 71% win percentage with 3 conference titles.
I have had to talk myself into Lane, Dooley, Butch, Pruitt. I would really like to get a coach that ordinary fans like me that don't know all the statistics on all coaches can be excited about without the work. ( skipping around so no idea what the conversation was.)

But if they don't know they can't squash it.

Watching Danny's press conference and listening to him it sounds like even if he has his candidates already picked out he's keeping that information to himself for the time being.
It cant be squashed, you quash it

Y'all think about it for a second... Number of four stars on roster

Jamey Chadwell Coastal Carolina: 0
Hugh Freeze Liberty: 1
Billy Napier LA Lafayette: 2
Matt Campbell Iowa State: 4
Neal Brown West Virginia: 5
Luke Fickell Cincinnati: 7
Scott Satterfield Louisville: 8
Lane Kiffin Ole Miss: 16 (+1 five star)
Scott Frost Nebraska: 22
Jeremy Pruitt Tennessee: 31 (+5 five stars)

None of those guys (aside from Lane and Frost) have even sniffed the amount of talent that we still have on this team despite the exodus. No matter whom it is, I am excited about seeing what they can do with it as it appears that everyone on the list has a solid development plan. The only question is: Will that plan transfer to the SEC?

Something else I find interesting
John Compton, one of the rumored big 3 in this search just recently moving back to TN, has ties to big companies in the state of TX.
Randy Boyd, got his degree from the University of Oklahoma
Donde Plowman has ties to Lincoln Nebraska and UTSA ( Texas San Antonio), and its also been reported White was picked based off the recommendation of Scott Frost.
I say that to say this, I think whoever the coach ends us being will have ties to that part of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back