How can you defend JG after this?

So missed tackles and bad coverage? Lol ok.
Yeah, well UGA has a lot of weapons. We gave them the ball twice in a row already in FG range and our defense held them to FGs. We went 3 and out and out and out. If you don't possess the ball, don't score at least a few points, give the other team the ball on the first set of downs over and over, then yeah, an elite talented offense is going to put together a few drives.

Reactions: GordonC
The question should be how can you continually defend Pruitt for trotting out a guy who hasn’t got better in year 5???

You can't. He's failing in his responsibilities as a HC to field a competent team on both sides of the ball.

Some guys have what it takes to be a HC, and some don't, at the moment I'd say Pruitt has shown little to prove that he has the skills to be a successful HC.

And JG will be our QB next year because of Covid!
I think it would be great if he came back. He would be there to manage games when our starter goes down. He would need to understand that he would never start unless all the others went down.

I think it would be great if he came back. He would be there to manage games when our starter goes down. He would need to understand that he would never start unless all the others went down.

With the new transfer rules, I wouldn't be surprised to see every QB on the roster transfer whether JG comes back or not.

Yeah, well UGA has a lot of weapons. We gave them the ball twice in a row already in FG range and our defense held them to FGs. We went 3 and out and out and out. If you don't possess the ball, don't score at least a few points, give the other team the ball on the first set of downs over and over, then yeah, an elite talented offense is going to put together a few drives.

And you still can’t place the brunt of the blame on JG. The O line and play calling are as much, if not more, to blame. The defense didn’t play good either but for some reason everyone wants to make an excuse for them. The defensive game plan should’ve been making their garbage walk on 4th string qb beat us and he did.

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
With the new transfer rules, I wouldn't be surprised to see every QB on the roster transfer whether JG comes back or not.

We're gonna need a bigger portal. Probably foul the works if three QBs try to hit it at the same time.

Edit: Never mind, at least two of them will miss.

We're gonna need a bigger portal. Probably foul the works if three QBs try to hit it at the same time.

Edit: Never mind, at least two of them will miss.

Would you stay on a team where you get zero playing time, and what seems to be zero development under the coaches?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Their #1 guy, last year's starter at Wake Forest walked off a couple of weeks before the season started. #2 stated the first game of this season, played a half at Arkansas and was benched. #3 was hurt during practice, when #2 screwed the pooch, #4 a former walk on stepped up and has been playing since.
Do we know for sure that Newman was #1? If he was for sure then why leave? I know people say because of Daniels but Daniels hasn’t seen a snap yet. Maybe Newman wasn’t the clear number 1. I know Mathis was ahead. Not sure when the kid that got hurt went down but I’m guessing before the season started. So at some point Stetson might have been 4th but right now he’s better than Mathis and the other 2 weren’t an option when the season started so that’s definitely different than being the 5th string QB when the season started.

And you still can’t place the brunt of the blame on JG. The O line and play calling are as much, if not more, to blame. The defense didn’t play good either but for some reason everyone wants to make an excuse for them. The defensive game plan should’ve been making their garbage walk on 4th string qb beat us and he did.
They didn't? They played great when the offense was moving the ball and scoring some points. Take away the fumble 6, the first 2 turnovers of the half and instead score 7, take away 14. Score 3 or 7 later on and we win. Defense can't possess the ball and drive it down the field. Look at the other sorry ass teams whipping up on the top teams today. It's possible with a good QB.

Reactions: Memvol44
There is obviously a problem in the QB room.
For JG to have taken every snap this year including the 2 blowouts raises some real questions

They didn't? They played great when the offense was moving the ball and scoring some points. Take away the fumble 6, the first 2 turnovers of the half and instead score 7, take away 14. Score 3 or 7 later on and we win. Defense can't possess the ball and drive it down the field. Look at the other sorry ass teams whipping up on the top teams today. It's possible with a good QB.

No qb would’ve played well behind this line or with this play calling.

Jones didn't just come close - he beat UGA twice, and the first time was his third season. He also beat UF in his fourth season. He wasn't a good coach and deserved to be fired. What does that say about the guy we have now? Anyone on here think we have a snowball's chance against UF this year?
I stand corrected. Fulmer just loves to spend other people's money I guess. The recent extension to Pruitt's contract should be investigated.

Impossible with bad OL play. See how that works?

He is a garbage QB. He should've never seen the field this year but Pruitt lazily never found a better option in year 3. Pathetic.

I mean Bailey is supposed to be a stud...he probably just needs more time. Covid has been a nightmare for getting true freshman game ready at any position, let alone QB.

Reactions: theFallGuy
Worst qb I’ve ever seen play. He’s a clueless statue

I have been watching bama and ole miss. The ole miss qb has connected on several passes jg would have been sacked on because of his pocket awareness and lack of mobility. Many of the completions from ole miss qb jg would not have even thrown, because they were not really open but he threw them open, something jg has never been able to to. It looked as if they were covered but the qb knew the receivers route and throwed him open some for td, and I was thinking on some of them jg would not have even attempted the pass, but would have been sacked.

VN Store

Back