How can you defend JG after this?

Maybe their coordinator called better plays.

We pressured the ish out of their quarterback. I don't know what their coordinator called but, we our d was on it. Their fourth string walk on quarterback just knew enough to get rid of it. What else you got?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
How’s that? When are you saying the season started? He was the backup in game 1 so where did the other 3 QBs go?
Their #1 guy, last year's starter at Wake Forest walked off a couple of weeks before the season started. #2 stated the first game of this season, played a half at Arkansas and was benched. #3 was hurt during practice, when #2 screwed the pooch, #4 a former walk on stepped up and has been playing since.

We pressured the ish out of their quarterback. I don't know what their coordinator called but, we our d was on it. Their fourth string walk on quarterback just knew enough to get rid of it. What else you got?

So missed tackles and bad coverage? Lol ok.

JG is like my golf game... hit just enough decent shots to think it could be decent. But it always ends badly. Kid just doesn’t have it against top competition. Nothing personal, but should be obvious to everyone by now.

O line got abused = JG had no chance to execute. They go hand in hand. JG isn’t anything spectacular to begin with so when the OL doesn’t show up it’s all amplified. But I do watch other qbs in the SEC, not nearly as highly ranked or recruited as JG and I wonder how we can miss so badly on QBs consistently? Somebody has to show up and show out soon.

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
So missed tackles and bad coverage? Lol ok.
We were gassed dude. Not sure what time of possession was but to me, seemed like I was watching our defense 80% of the game. But I'm not arguing with excuse makers. It's just sad to think that's the best we have at QB

Reactions: theFallGuy
You can't he sucks, and that fat F*** Jason Swain better recognize... This guy just has the ability to be a CUSA qb. If Elmer Fudd can't see that he is part of the problem. I would rather go 2-8 without JG
"fat F*** Jason Swain". what a dbag thing to say. GTFO

We were gassed dude. Not sure what time of possession was but to me, seemed like I was watching our defense 80% of the game. But I'm not arguing with excuse makers. It's just sad to think that's the best we have at QB

THEN GET THEM OFFTHE FIELD DEFENSE! The lack of ability to move the ball on offense has nothing to do with playing poor defense. If you continually play inept defense you’re going to be just as gassed. Make all the excuses you want but penalties and just piss poor defense is as much if not more to blame than anything else. The offensive woes are irrelevant.

That o line has not given him more than 1 second..no run game and 12 stupid penslties.... and you blame the qb!
The QB and line are intricately connected. The slower the qb makes reads, the slower the release, the slower the feet (running ability) of said qb is, the worse the line will look. And as the game progresses and fatigue sets in it turns into the wrong kind of snowball headed downhill. Yes, the line should have done better...but JGs slowness in all areas of the game makes the lines job impossible!

JG is what he is. We all know what JG can do at this point. Decent 1st half with the 2 deep balls, but either held the ball too long OR lost the ball in the 2nd half.

Today the o-line was awful too and it made him look worse.

Reactions: theFallGuy
Wow.
THEN GET THEM OFFTHE FIELD DEFENSE! The lack of ability to move the ball on offense has nothing to do with playing poor defense. If you continually play inept defense you’re going to be just as gassed. Make all the excuses you want but penalties and just piss poor defense is as much if not more to blame than anything else. The offensive woes are irrelevant.
Oh, wow. Now I understand. It's our offensive woes that made our defense inept! Right?

But but but we have 24 stars across the O-line! Friends seat should be on fire after tonight! I understand that Georgia has one hell of a defensive front but is it to much to ask that your linemen at least touch a defender on every play? And for the love of god, pick a d@mn starting 5, identify your top reserves and stop playing musical chairs with your linemen! We have the supposed offensive genius in Jim Chaney, we have a d@mn former national championship winning QB and freaking former Heisman trophy winning QB, on this staff and we can’t have a 5th year QB help us win games! We have to hold our breathe every game and hope the kid doesn’t put us in bad situations instead! I’m not naive and understand penalties are a part of the game but is it that hard not to continually pile up stupid penalties due to being undisciplined! I can handle a hustle penalty but stupid penalties at very crucial, momentum changing times of the game absolutely kill us! Basically I’m over getting hammered by our supposed “rivals”. I’m not saying we shouldn’t lose to Georgia, Florida and Alabama but is it too much to beat them from time to time? Hell, is it to much to ask to just be competitive with them? I’ve kept a pretty level head over the last several years but I’m to the point now that I’m tired of mediocrity. I’m tired of getting embarrassed! I’m tired of moral victories! Screw the fact that we “gave em hell for 3 quarters”, we got our butts handed to us!
GBO!!

I don't think there is a single person who believes JG is an elite SEC QB. But I guess at this point he is the best we have??

It's really hard for me to understand how we have either recruited so poorly or failed to develop what we did recruit at QB.

I understand Harrison because of Covid, but not the other two. At this point I guess we must live with JG...

I don't think there is a single person who believes JG is an elite SEC QB. But I guess at this point he is the best we have??

It's really hard for me to understand how we have either recruited so poorly or failed to develop what we did recruit at QB.

I understand Harrison because of Covid, but not the other two. At this point I guess we must live with JG...
I think he’s capable of being a successful SEC qb. Two problems, we think we should only have Peyton Manning so top quartile/third qbs aren’t acceptable, and we have awful problems up front that keep him from being even average from week to week. And he is the best we have right now.

VN Store

Back