How can you defend JG after this?

That o line has not given him more than 1 second..no run game and 12 stupid penslties.... and you blame the qb!
Again, the QB has the ability to read the defense pre snap and make blocking adjustments. He either doesn't have the ability to do this or he doesn't have the trust of the coaching staff to do that. Either way its sad for a 5th year QB

Unpopular opinion: he’s done a great job of throwing the ball away and avoiding pressure. The real issue is he’s been under pressure about 20 times.
Both his fumbles were because he didn't throw it away and cant secure the ball. Late in the 4th he started throwing it away. Too late.

I've been saying for a while that either this staff is poor at developing QBs, or poor at evaluating QBs. There is no other answer at this point if JG is our best option, as determined by the coaches, at the most important offensive position on the field in year #3. The staff has either done a terrible job at developing Guarantano, Shrout, Maurer, and to an extent, Bailey, or they have recruited talentless duds at the QB position to replace him.
Well, unfortunately, Bailey has only been around for like 2 weeks. I remember when we just plugged in a new one. Kelley, Shuler, Manning, Martin, Clausen, Ainge.

Sounds like bad offensive coaching as much as anything. And recruiting.

If there isn't anyone better than what you're describing, the staff needs to be removed.

C'mon, guy. Even the fourth string walk on from Georgia knew to get rid of the ball when pressure is coming. No pocket presence AT ALL. And what's more is the total disconnect from the team. I never see him get on to players that aren't performing or congratulating players that are doing a good job.

I get you’re upset. We all are but who would sit their starting QB due to 2 turnovers? Maybe if there’s an active competition that happens but we apparently don’t have that.

The offense was wholly ineffective behind JG. The fumbles were just massive indicators that JG was losing the major upside to playing him, which has been ball-security.

I get you’re upset. We all are but who would sit their starting QB due to 2 turnovers? Maybe if there’s an active competition that happens but we apparently don’t have that.

Idk man, if oyr backups are that horrible, then the whole staff should he fired tonight. I've watched football for years, and seen countless freshman come in, and immediately change everything. I just don't get how we have a 5th year senior who has so little awareness in game.

Exactly. Looking at the camera shot of Guarantano on the sideline he was beaten. Even if he is 5 times better than the rest of the QBs combined on the roster, it was time to sit him. Any of the others would have likely tried harder and been excited to get on the field. This is what i simply cannot understand.

Putting Guarantano in for those last two possessions was not going to make him or the team better nor was it going to change the outcome of the game. Putting anyone else in at that point gives the opportunity for someone else to get experience which will hopefully make them a better player and the team better overall.
I don’t agree with some that are saying JG should’ve been benched after a couple turnovers but those last 2 possessions I really don’t get why we wouldn’t put someone else in to get some reps. We had half a quarter left, we were down 23 points, and it was clear we weren’t going to win. That’s a decent amount of time to let someone other than JG get meaningful snaps. Poor decision by Pruitt there.

Last edited:
Idk man, if oyr backups are that horrible, then the whole staff should he fired tonight. I've watched football for years, and seen countless freshman come in, and immediately change everything. I just don't get how we have a 5th year senior who has so little awareness in game.
Yeah I don’t know. I know some of his issues are changing OCs every year until this one but a lot of it just appears to be lack of talent. I don’t mean physically. I just don’t think he can grasp the mental side. I’m not at all saying the kid is dumb. I’m sure he’s not. I just don’t think QB is for him as he seems to struggle with the mental side of the game. I wish he would get past all of the issues as he has fought hard for us fans these 4+ years but it just isn’t going to happen.

Exactly. Looking at the camera shot of Guarantano on the sideline he was beaten. Even if he is 5 times better than the rest of the QBs combined on the roster, it was time to sit him. Any of the others would have likely tried harder and been excited to get on the field. This is what i simply cannot understand.

Putting Guarantano in for those last two possessions was not going to make him or the team better nor was it going to change the outcome of the game. Putting anyone else in at that point gives the opportunity for someone else to get experience which will hopefully make them a better player and the team better overall.
Putting him back in did nothing for him and nothing for the team. It was a LOUD message from the staff.

The offense was wholly ineffective behind JG. The fumbles were just massive indicators that JG was losing the major upside to playing him, which has been ball-security.
It has been for years. I really hope Pruitt looks at someone else but I doubt he does, at least not for the KY game.

I remember when we used to have winners at QB.

2 is a nice guy, tough as nails, but he is not a winner.

Reactions: Remy
We'll never know...Pruitt has his horse hitched to JG and just refuses to let any of our other QB's have a chance to get game reps and get better...How he didn't let any of those guys play late in this game is almost criminal.
You said it all perfectly, until the money
backers start complaining to Fulmer I
don't see any changes in the quarterback
situation.Pruitt could have played them in
the Missouri game with the big lead we had.

The Defense stepped up. The goal line stops. Holding for field goals after 2 turnovers.

But the Defense can only hold for so long, after too many 3 and outs, they tire out.

The D played very well and solid throughout the game, even at the end. They kept UGA from scoring that last TD by getting a turnover keeping their score less than 50. The defense is playing winning football.

If posters like you get our way, we will never get better. Your type will scream for a QB to be benched if they have a rough quarter and a HC to be fired after any loss. If you are so miserable with the team, find someone else to follow and save us your ichor.

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ

VN Store

Back