Multiple Players Test Positive

I feel sorry for your dog..... he must be one confused SOB. I mean the drivel that comes out of your mouth is just nonsensical. I am done, trying to convince you of another point of view is like try to teach a chicken not to sh#t where it walks. So goodbye for good. It has not been a time that I will remember with any fondness for you or your acumen (I assume you will have to look that one up.)

😂 what are acumen..... please someone explain.....
795F6A30-0694-406F-A1BC-89C59066D1A0.gif

Now Go On Now GIT! GIT! I Said....

I want to see the posts after one of the obese lineman are in the CCU from it. Young people die from this... they aren’t immune.

Agreed, but my point is as this continues to spread within football programs, the less likely it is that we will have a season.
But that is a political not rational much less scientific decision.

It is well established that the risks of severe symptoms diminish with youth and physical health. If they weren't being tested for the virus then those who got it with symptoms would get rest and treat symptoms just like they would with any other virus. The asymptomatic would simply go about their business and possibly gain a level of immunity.

These actions are counter-productive and a waste of time and energy that would be FAR better spent on finding ways to protect the vulnerable and programs designed to quickly quarantine those with symptoms.

Reactions: CA_Vol
I want to see the posts after one of the obese lineman are in the CCU from it. Young people die from this... they aren’t immune.
Since February, 30 Americans under the age of 24 have died of Covid-19. During the same period, 100 in the same age group have died of the flu. This isn't a particularly bad flu year.

If you didn't have this level of irrational fear of the flu for the last several decades... then you shouldn't have it for Covid.

Tony B says behind closed doors the SEC is considering pushing kickoff to October. They’re trying to buy time for the cases in the South to cool off.

When I say IT"S NOTHING, I speak from my personal experience. I have had it and am just getting over it! Many would consider me at risk because I am 79 years old.

My only symptom was a small rash on my right arm. Not even a fever--ever!

I have had colds and flu that were ten times worse than this!

I realize its not a NOTHING to those at risk and those who have died from it! But for 99% of those infected, it is a NOTHING!

And I thought I was the oldest SOB on this board, compared to you, I'm a spring chicken. I'm glad you recovered.

Got a Q for you: I'm 65,got diabetes, high blood pressure, 4 strokes, no respiratory problems. What's my chances or am I just F'd? Thanks in advance.

You've had it, so I don't want anyone else's opinion

Well liability means you are “liable” for if someone were to contract the coronavirus. However, if a school does everything in their capacity to mitigate it etc. following federal and state guidelines based on medical experts information, there wouldn’t really be “liability” on their end.
Wrong again

First of all, was this an antibody test or was is it a virus isolation type test like PCR? Testing positive for antibody is a good thing in the long run and does NOT mean there is live virus detected. It only means that the person has been exposed to the virus at some point if they are antibody positive. We all need to test antibody positive. That is the best thing that can happen. Incidentally, according to the CDC, the chances of someone under the age of 34 years of dying of Sars2 virus/covid disease is exactly 0.0004%. The chances of someone under the age of 34 years of dying from ANY cause is 0.08%.

Reactions: BlackCreekVol
More that it shouldn't be. Science says the virus is not a significant threat to that age group except in cases where there are comorbidities. Players face numerous potential health threats every day, and they are not forced to play. They can leave any time they wish...just as I can leave my job.
SMH-for the umptenth ltime, it’s not the players they fear would sue them. It’s all the hundreds of university employees that are connected to the football program, many who may be in high risk categories.

SMH-for the umptenth ltime, it’s not the players they fear would sue them. It’s all the hundreds of university employees that are connected to the football program, many who may be in high risk categories.
In a constitutional, representative republic, it should ideally work like this. Each employee is given the CHOICE to take any precaution they deem appropriate for the maintenance of their own health without worry of compromise in their employment status. If that means they want to wear a mask, fine. If that means they feel like they need to stay at home, fine. If they feel like they are not at any great risk, they can choose to come to work. In a place like CHINA, they have to wear a mask, stay at home and stay 6 feet away from any other persons. Well, ideally that would be the case in a constitutional, representative republic.

In a constitutional, representative republic, it should ideally work like this. Each employee is given the CHOICE to take any precaution they deem appropriate for the maintenance of their own health without worry of compromise in their employment status. If that means they want to wear a mask, fine. If that means they feel like they need to stay at home, fine. If they feel like they are not at any great risk, they can choose to come to work. In a place like CHINA, they have to wear a mask, stay at home and stay 6 feet away form any other persons. Well, ideally that would be the case in a constitutional, representative republic.
What about employers having to provide a safe work environment ? Does that factor in ?

Reactions: RobertPellitt
The two guys who are attorneys here can explain it much better than I can. Check the posts for the last couple of hours.

Uhmm, when I compared playing to a job, one of the attorneys said they were not comparable and workers comp applied. Again, no one is forced to work or play.

Agree. I had confidence in the medical experts a couple of months ago but they really do not have a clue. Unfortunately some networks think they are infallible and God-like in their opinions. How dare Trump not follow Fauci’s recommedations.
Then follow trump's recommendations.

What about employers having to provide a safe work environment ? Does that factor in ?

Sure, if they employer can be proven negligent, they have a big problem, but no employer can eliminate risk. There are definitely people who should not return to jobs which expose them to a lot of folks, but that doesn't mean the majority can't push forward. It's like Trey Smith. If his physicians determine it's too great a risk for him to play, he shouldn't play. That in itself though is no reason to cancel the season.

Uhmm, when I compared playing to a job, one of the attorneys said they were not comparable and workers comp applied. Again, no one is forced to work or play.
A player likely loses the scholarship and employee his job. It put’s extreme pressure on an individual to go along depending on their situation. Regardless of your opinion , there is no doubt that liability concerns will be a major comsideration when determining if fall sports will be played.

Sure, if they employer can be proven negligent, they have a big problem, but no employer can eliminate risk. There are definitely people who should not return to jobs which expose them to a lot of folks, but that doesn't mean the majority can't push forward. It's like Trey Smith. If his physicians determine it's too great a risk for him to play, he shouldn't play. That in itself though is no reason to cancel the season.
Of course one player would not but dozens or hundreds may especially if they are high profile.

Do universities get sued when a player is killed in an accident traveling to or from sports related accidents? What about when one has a heat related death from practice? Both of which are more likely to happen than your scenario.
Asked the question last week and nobody had an answer. If the universities aren’t worried about liability in this mess, why have a number of them asked that the athletes sign liability waivers?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
A player likely loses the scholarship and employee his job. It put’s extreme pressure on an individual to go along depending on their situation. Regardless of your opinion , there is no doubt that liability concerns will be a major comsideration when determining if fall sports will be played.

Same as a job. And I wouldn't argue liability concerns are a consideration. Always is because lawyers can always argue both sides of any issue. If players, or employees, are apprised of risk and school, or workplace, follow accepted mitigation measures, a reasonable man can't hold them responsible.

Then again, it seems we have fewer reasonable men by the day.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
In a constitutional, representative republic, it should ideally work like this. Each employee is given the CHOICE to take any precaution they deem appropriate for the maintenance of their own health without worry of compromise in their employment status. If that means they want to wear a mask, fine. If that means they feel like they need to stay at home, fine. If they feel like they are not at any great risk, they can choose to come to work. In a place like CHINA, they have to wear a mask, stay at home and stay 6 feet away from any other persons. Well, ideally that would be the case in a constitutional, representative republic.
There are federal laws and state laws that cause an employer to make reasonable accommodations. So it is not quite that simple. An employee can't simply be forced to go home and not work and call it their "choice." That is not permitted under the law. Whereas, a player that is not an employee could say I don't want to come back because I don't feel safe, there is no law that protects his scholarship. That is why the comparisons fails. This is exactly what the Northwestern athletes were trying to address when they wanted to become a Union. The players don't have any real protection, except for good coaches and administrators that treat them with respect and dignity. They have no power, that is why a good institution will do what it can to protect and cancel the season rather than put them at risk. That is the whole point of this debate that turned sour. People, just expect them to play because we want to be entertained. It is not that easy, there is a legality and morality component to it. So when some simpleton rants about wanting football regardless of what else is going on it's childish.

Of course one player would not but dozens or hundreds may especially if they are high profile.

Sure, if enough players opt out football couldn't be played. If my son was a scholarship athlete (instead of a student costing me 12k per semester) he'd play. So would the many other kids I know in that age group.

VN Store

Back